Page 7 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 12:08 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
I can't take anyone who uses the term/acronym "Social Justice Warrior" in a negative light seriously at all.

That's ironic, because, well obvious point is obvious.

Also, I'm told that Social Justice Warrior is being phased out and being replaced by Twitter Lynch Mob.

Quote:
It makes gamergaters sound less like activists with a cause and more like wannabee supervillians (sworn enemies of those who fight for equality and justice.) Couple that with the typical "activism" methods of gamergate (doxxing, rape threats, disproportionate response to criticism, impassioned long-winded pontifificating about what's essentially a minor-issue, etc) and it's clear that Gamergate doesn't know how to make itself look righteous.

As I'm sure you're aware, the phrase SJW predates Gamergate by at least 5 years. Ironic that you're devoting so much time to pompous derision over a minor point that predates the whole affair, no?

Quote:
It's like Magneto naming his group "The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants" and commiting acts of terrorism while complaining about how mutants are persecuted.

What was that about disproportionate responses to criticism?

Quote:
Should this not raise red flags for gamergaters or are they so socially incompetent and/or withdrawn that they prefer to play the bad guy?

It's almost as if you take the phrase Social Justice Warrior as a personal affront.

Quote:
I kinda wish I was back in school. There's a Social Psychology paper in this somewhere.........

Oh, just keep posting on WP. I'm sure you'll be schooled plenty.

brett0007
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jan 2015, 11:25 am

As an active member of Gamergate id like to put a few misconceptions to rest

1.Thezoepost was only a catalyst

It regardless of whether its the truth or the slanderous revenge of some angry jilted boyfriend opened eyes, people started digging around and found nepotism and press corruption and collusion.

2.the only people relevent to this are game devs/jurnos

Anita has nothing to do with gamergate, the only person keeping her relevant is herself.

3.There are minorities in gamergate

People who oppose gamergate ignore them out of ignorance and/or wilfully erase them as sockpuppets or deluded, witch in of itself is racist/sexist.

4.We don't hate women nor do we not want them in the industry

Frankly we(as in the gaming community) don't care who or what you are your welcome as long as you want to play games and have fun and or create them. Want to use them to soapbox on societies ills fair enough.

5.You cant blame everything on us

Look at it this way, any old troll can dox a person and make rape threats and put a #gamergate/#anti-gamergate in there tweet to cause drama. How do you tell if its a troll? You can't. You also cant equate an entire movement to to the actions of individuals. That's the basis of bigotry E.G "I saw a black person rob a store therefore all blacks are thieves".

lastly im sorry if this is a necrobump i just feel quite passionately about this.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 7:33 pm

Meanwhile, a baby is being born in a hospital nearby at this very moment.