Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Dec 2014, 3:42 pm

How can I change to a funny and intresting person? Im one of the most boring person that has ever existed.

I can never say or discuss anyting that people finds intresting.

Maybe I was born to live alone my entire life? Lol.

54together
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2014, 6:17 pm

What makes you think you're boring? Has anybody said anything to you? Nobody was born a loner by choice, and I can guarantee that you will be able to fit in, and you don't have to change your interests, because there'll always be someone with the same interests as you.

It is, though, a good idea, to make sure you try and engage in conversation and what others have to say, so you're easier to talk to When talking to other people, even if you're not particularly interested or knowledgeable in the topic, try to ask questions and learn more about it. You may not always like the topic, but it's good to express interest: it helps people to talk to you more. It's very healthy to express your opinions and views as well, while considering those of others in an open mind.

When you start conversations, try and express the topic you want to talk about in an interesting way. Don't waffle on, but teach them and inform them a little about it. Interact with others as you talk. Use humour; don't be afraid to be a bit silly or wacky at times (don't overdo it, though). And be prepared to flexibly drop or change the subject when others are starting to move on to other subjects. It may sound hard, but once you're in the flow of it, you wouldn't even notice you're shifting from topic to topic.

And most importantly: I know it's somewhat of a cliché phrase, but, be yourself. Act naturally to who you are. Don't change your character for anybody; if they have a problem with that, then that's their problem. As Seuss says "those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Dec 2014, 8:28 pm

54together wrote:
What makes you think you're boring? Has anybody said anything to you? Nobody was born a loner by choice, and I can guarantee that you will be able to fit in, and you don't have to change your interests, because there'll always be someone with the same interests as you.

It is, though, a good idea, to make sure you try and engage in conversation and what others have to say, so you're easier to talk to When talking to other people, even if you're not particularly interested or knowledgeable in the topic, try to ask questions and learn more about it. You may not always like the topic, but it's good to express interest: it helps people to talk to you more. It's very healthy to express your opinions and views as well, while considering those of others in an open mind.

When you start conversations, try and express the topic you want to talk about in an interesting way. Don't waffle on, but teach them and inform them a little about it. Interact with others as you talk. Use humour; don't be afraid to be a bit silly or wacky at times (don't overdo it, though). And be prepared to flexibly drop or change the subject when others are starting to move on to other subjects. It may sound hard, but once you're in the flow of it, you wouldn't even notice you're shifting from topic to topic.

And most importantly: I know it's somewhat of a cliché phrase, but, be yourself. Act naturally to who you are. Don't change your character for anybody; if they have a problem with that, then that's their problem. As Seuss says "those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Yes, everyone thinks that im boring, stupied, ugly and akward. Even my own family.

I dont think that I can be myself, im to strange and have sick type of humor.

My biggest problem however is that im extremly ugly, probaly one of the most ugly in sweden.

Echolalia
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jan 2015, 12:49 am

white_as_snow wrote:
Yes, everyone thinks that im boring, stupied, ugly and akward. Even my own family.

I dont think that I can be myself, im to strange and have sick type of humor.

My biggest problem however is that im extremly ugly, probaly one of the most ugly in sweden.

First of all I can guarantee that you are not boring. But you probably do have interests that many people dont share. I am the same. I am very interested in sewing 18th Century clothing for example. But bring that up in conversation and people clear the room. Because they don't know anything about it themselves they can't talk to you about it at all. But what I did do is join an historical costuming site and then created my own 18th Century blog and before i knew it I had heaps of followers and even got an award for my blog. You have to connect with the right people on the right topics.

I'll be honest with you. I meet hundreds of NTs everyday in my job and work with literally thousands of them. Their interests are often very limited. They like things like fashion, celebrity gossip, their families, occasionally their pets and going out and drinking. It sounds very dull to me but its what is for a lot of social people. Their lives centre around this. If your interests are different then you will come across as boring to them. Not because you are boring but because they simply cannot relate to you.

So my tips are this....

Join special interest groups. You will definately have something in common with the people there.
Never think your interests are not good enough. They are. If you are interested in them then that's important.
Don't bother trying to discuss an obscure topic with garden variety NT's. They won't know anything about your subject and therefore will not be interested in discussing it. It's nothing personal, they simply have nothing to say.

I'm guessing you have a love of traditional fiction like children's fairytales (just going off your username) so find the group that share that love. Your encyclopedic knowledge of it will be appreciated in the right group. The big mistake we mostly make is thinking that our interests are common and then expecting others to be interested in it. It's really not. Not that many people in the world love over-sized hats, quirky shoes and hand-sewn lacing eyelets the way I do. :lol:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 161 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 39 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse.