the killings of black people in usa by the police

Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

DeuceKaboose
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jan 2015, 12:09 am

Police killing people who are arguably non-dangerous is not a new thing what was so special about mike brown? (inb4 he was black) there were 593 people killed by police last year many of whom arguably did not try and kill police officers and were a separate race from the police official http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ki ... ruary_2014

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 8:19 pm

I honestly think race is part of the problem but not the entire problem.

I've had experiences with cops and felt deeply disrespected. They act in a way that provokes violence. I keep my mouth shut because I know they are dangerous, and this is coming from a white person.

Cops ARE the problem, unfortunately.

Berrylicious
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jan 2015, 9:44 pm

The police have a problem with black people because they have been taught to regard them as criminals who need to be detected and punished. Right? I don't know the reasons behind this mentality. 50 years or so have passed since Blacks demanded to have the same rights as whites and equal treatment and since Obama became president, people think we're in a post racial world but I don't think so. It's like saying we're in a post feminist world when clearly we're not. I hate the police more than I hate other people.

brett0007
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jan 2015, 10:24 am

My personal opinion is people will just find axes to grind at authorities and at this point its over African Americans being shot by the American police, despite the fact plenty whites, Asians and native american's are shot by the police too. Moral is not screw with the police.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 12:34 pm

brett0007 wrote:
My personal opinion is people will just find axes to grind at authorities and at this point its over African Americans being shot by the American police, despite the fact plenty whites, Asians and native american's are shot by the police too. Moral is not screw with the police.

Just the other day I heard of a teenage girl getting shot by the cops around Denver, though I think she may have been more hispanic than white judging by the last name the article gave but not sure as there wasn't a ton of detail. Supposedly she was in a car with other young teens, car may have been stolen...cops rolled up, supposedly the driver tried hitting the cops and hit one in the leg(hard to say what the truth is since no video so cops word against theirs)...I personally think it is more likely the dumb kids panicked and hit the cop by accident. Either way tires could have been shot out...there where other options than killing someone and the one killed might have even been a passenger.

brett0007
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jan 2015, 2:37 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
brett0007 wrote:

Just the other day I heard of a teenage girl getting shot by the cops around Denver, though I think she may have been more hispanic than white judging by the last name the article gave but not sure as there wasn't a ton of detail. Supposedly she was in a car with other young teens, car may have been stolen...cops rolled up, supposedly the driver tried hitting the cops and hit one in the leg(hard to say what the truth is since no video so cops word against theirs)...I personally think it is more likely the dumb kids panicked and hit the cop by accident. Either way tires could have been shot out...there where other options than killing someone and the one killed might have even been a passenger.

American cops tend to be very heavy handed,from what I hear, tbh is sounds like they need to be restrained in general and told to curb use of guns.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 2:47 pm

brett0007 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
brett0007 wrote:

American cops tend to be very heavy handed,from what I hear, tbh is sounds like they need to be restrained in general and told to curb use of guns.

Shooting out tires makes great tv, but not so great police work.

Shauna88
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Feb 2015, 10:09 pm

I don't know what's going on down there in the US. Are things really that bad in terms of race relations? I thought the US made so much progress.

Oh well, not my country not my business.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 10:19 pm

Shauna88 wrote:
I don't know what's going on down there in the US. Are things really that bad in terms of race relations? I thought the US made so much progress.

I think it all depends on where you live within the U.S. I currently reside in a community where racism is minimal. I grew up in a place where the racial tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 12:04 am

em_tsuj wrote:
Shauna88 wrote:

I think it all depends on where you live within the U.S. I currently reside in a community where racism is minimal. I grew up in a place where the racial tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

I grew up in an area where there were no blacks. I'd only see blacks when I went to a big city and that wasn't very often.

We had plenty of Mexicans, but they generally weren't treated any differently than anyone else. A great many were at least third or fourth generation Americans.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2015, 6:54 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
is it racism or not?

why do they police have to kill them? just shoot them in the arm, leg? or use plastic bullets or electric shoot?

feels like its racism...atleast in some causes?

in western europe, we dont have this problem.

if the killings does not stop, any chance a civil war can break out?

In the case of unarmed killings:
I don't think this is only happening to black people, I think this is happening to everyone, it's just that the media will portray it however they like, and I'd be lying if I said race played no part in what gets reported.

It's a hot topic, and honestly if there aren't some serious changes to prevent this from continuing, there should be more drastic measures taken to ensure that it doesn't. Not necessarily an uprising, but clearly the current situation is not getting better, and legislation isn't helping either apparently. It also doesn't help that these officers have the means of not only skewing any incriminating evidence pointing at them, but also get a free pass for wearing a badge.

I see it like this: If you're a cop, and you shoot an armed suspect in self defense, fine. But if the person is unarmed and has done nothing to suggest intent in any shape, way, or form to do harm, then the officer should be fired on the spot, and a proper investigation done, period. But with the way our society is now, that's never going to happen, they have the big guns (and tanks), and they know they can get away with anything as long as they keep their story straight.