What religion brings most problem to the world today??

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 11:59 pm

Yawn, atheism isn't a religion.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 12:14 am

1401b wrote:
white_as_snow you're a troll.

that was my thought when i saw this topic.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 12:26 am

AspE wrote:

atheism is a religion same as not playing tennis is a sport.

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 12:44 am

Fnord wrote:
Islam is the most damaging, no doubt about it.

It is more of a threat than Christianity, but that's like saying that a tiger is more dangerous than a shark.

Continuing your analogy with the tiger and the shark, it's like choosing between Arsenic or Cyanide as your preferred poison.

Islam is only more threatening today than Christianity because there are more uneducated Muslims than uneducated Christians around. Once the balance is corrected Islam will be no more threatening than Christianity.

The paradox is that the more educated Christians and Muslims become, the less need they have for religion. So the greatest threat to Islam and Christianity is education itself, all the time while goodly Islamic and Catholic scholars are pushing the cause of education.

SweetTooth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jan 2015, 2:30 am

progaspie wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Islam is the most damaging, no doubt about it.

It is more of a threat than Christianity, but that's like saying that a tiger is more dangerous than a shark.

Continuing your analogy with the tiger and the shark, it's like choosing between Arsenic or Cyanide as your preferred poison.

Yes, indeed!

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 2:41 am

Making decisions based on ideology leads to problems no matter which religion. Some are more subtle than others, but the results are just as damaging. So in that vein I nominate pop-culture.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 4:26 am

religion in and of itself is the problem, even though appear more violent then others.

all of the worlds main religions are ancient and, frankly, outdated, making it hard if not inpossible to use their teachings in modern life. couple the old-fashioned rules of living with the illusion of posissing absolute truth and you got a recipe for disaster, especially if there is an alternative (even if the alternative is simply "not believing")

einsteinmyhero
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jan 2015, 7:42 am

all of em.

“Men passionately desire to live after death, but they often pass away without noticing the fact that the memory of a really good person always lives. It is impressed upon the next generation, and is transmitted again to the children. Is that not an immortality worth striving for? ”
― Pyotr Kropotkin, Memoirs of a Revolutionist

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 9:19 am

cathylynn wrote:
AspE wrote:
atheism is a religion same as not playing tennis is a sport.
Saying that Atheism is a religion is the same as saying that not collecting stamps is a hobby.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 1:21 pm

AntDog wrote:
Atheism (yes when included it's in first place to me)
Governments run by them are responsible for the deaths of many tens of millions since the beginning of the 20th century with a massive slew of human rights violations. As a Floridian I don't live far from a living example of it.
In second place is Islam
Also responsible for the deaths of millions over the last century and also with a big number of of human right's violations.

I'm curious for details on these oppressive atheists in Florida. If your example is Cuba, I'd like to see an example of someone in Cuba being oppressed in the name of atheism (and not just in the name of communism). It seems like your entire premise is based around dishonestly counting 'victims of communism' as 'victims of atheism'.

Also, atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 4:11 pm

VIDEODROME wrote:
Belief in reincarnation may cause people to put less value on their enemies lives or even their own. I wonder if some Buddhist thought was the basis for WW2 Kamikaze pilots flying into ships like human missiles?

Shintoism was likely a much bigger factor in Japan at that time.

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jan 2015, 5:49 pm

cathylynn wrote:
1401b wrote:

well okey. i just tought its a intresting subject.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 9:27 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
1401b wrote:

It is and it isn't.
Years ago I wanted to know who or what created the Creator on another board :lol:
Started this 50+ page thread that went on for months. :mrgreen:
I've stopped kind of caring since though
As science will not figure out in my lifetime where the gasses that caused the Big Bang originated from :ninja:

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 3:24 am

guzzle wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
1401b wrote:

It is and it isn't.
Years ago I wanted to know who or what created the Creator on another board :lol:
Started this 50+ page thread that went on for months. :mrgreen:
I've stopped kind of caring since though
As science will not figure out in my lifetime where the gasses that caused the Big Bang originated from :ninja:

Actually it's quite simple really. Science is moving away from the Big Bang theory. Mathematically, it can be shown that matter can be created in a total vacuum out of the spontaneous anililation of positive matter with antimatter. This also leads into the theory of parallel universes and string theory.