Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MarthaCannary
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2015, 12:25 am

I found this show the other night just randomly.

I think most of the people on the show may be on the spectrum, somewhere. I have watched an entire season and I am picking up spectrumy vibes.

Idiosyncratic use of language

Odd prosody

Talk of being overwhelmed by noise and people

Talk of being reclusive and not wanting to deal with people

When the show first started I guess the People of the Internet picked up on their idiosyncrasies, mostly their odd prosody/accent.

Since I suck terribly at embedding, you can click links instead.

They had no idea they had an accent

Reactions to pop culture questions

Salmon fishing with bare hands :-O

Some of the children posted youtube videos shilling books their father had written. Almost all of them have video up online somewhere, mostly on Discovery though.

Noah Dark Cloud Brown

Noah Dark Cloud Brown better video

Gabriel Brown

Snowbird Brown

Solomon "Bear" Brown

Bam Bam Brown

A link to their family bio's

Link to news article detailing their 60 criminal charges 8O

Fun show even if it is all just a put on, I do believe they are all truly related though.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 5:58 am

Thanks for the introduction. :D

SpeechPath1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Apr 2015, 6:57 pm

I agree! Sensory difficulties relative to sound, OCD behavior especially with perfection and hunting. One of the other brothers adamantly demanded that NO one "touches my hair!" His prosody, tone, and flat affect were all very "spectrummy".... Not that it matters. The mom and dad are very accomplished writers and experts in navigation. The older sister's pragmatic behavior, like the rest of the family suggests her age to be significantly less than stated. I really enjoy watching them though. Great show.

PCFRANK
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jan 2023, 8:09 pm

Bam bam and rain are the only ones that aren't spectrummy. I am sure my 75 yr old brother is too. My ex bf was on the spectrum.. he was a pain in the tit and sulked and cried all the time. But I loved him completely. In hindsight, It was like living with a kid. A sulky, whinge one. With out bursts of violence. Not cool. He can't help it. Deep down he was a nice person.