Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jan 2015, 12:56 pm

Me and my fiancee (another regular on here by the name of "WitchsCat") are going to be starting a Q&A YouTube series titled "Ask an Aspie Couple", where anyone can ask us questions, and as long as they're good, not derogatory, and not previously addressed, we'll answer them. There's just one small problem from us getting started:

We don't have any questions to answer yet! :lol:

I know the vast majority of the userbase here is on the spectrum, while a small portion is not (but knows someone who is), but that may actually work in our favor. Those of you that have "come out" to others, what are some of the questions you've received relating to that? And those of you that are NT's ("NeuroTypicals"), what questions can you think of for a happily-engaged Aspie couple? Or maybe you still have a question for the two of us that we can answer?

Questions can range from relationships, to advice, to autism in general, to our views on autism-related groups/activities/etc. to current events to really anything. We'll pick the best ones (maybe also the most popular) and do video segments of them on YouTube. Even made a Google+ account here dedicated to it.

So does anyone have any questions they'd like us to answer? :D

QuiversWhiskers
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 3:52 pm

Are you ever annoyed by the other's stimming or habits?

Do you "share" stims? Are they in a way contagious to each other?

How long have you been able to make eye contact with each other?

How do you divide the chores, paying the bills/budgeting, cooking, etc?

Do you find that you mirror each other's moods? Like if one is irritable the other gets that way too?

Do you watch each other for sensory overload in public and make moves to protect each other from it?

How do you handle meltdowns? Do you find yourself on the verge of a meltdown in response to the other's meltdown, like an empathic response to it?

Are you similar or opposite in your personalities? Like is one extroverted, the other introverted?

Does it ever hurt when you need attention from your SO when that SO is frequently absorbed in their special interest?

I could think of more but maybe someone else will after having read these.

Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jan 2015, 4:30 pm

Didn't realize this would get attention, but excellent questions! I've cross-posted them in the new thread I made for it in the "Autism Politics, Activism, and Media Representation" sub-forum, where there's already some ongoing discussion. Feel free to join in! :D