Will the voices ever go away? Please help

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 12:54 am

I am hearing voices since the end of March early April 2014 I'm seeing these psychiatrist and a therapist and in the hospital three times but nothing seems to be working and is making me very depressed I just want to go back to living my normal autistic life. My voices have been a lot of trouble to the point where I don't even think i have autism anymore. They got me taken me out of School pleaced me on home and hospital hospital and now making me change schools to possibly a school in a 12 to 1 class which has one teacher and 2 aids probably for most of the behavioral or mental illness my therapist says it's a place for all types of disabilities but I doubt it. I. Used to like school now I hate it I hate even home and hospital because it's so much work. I Feel like I can't function in school work and I have to leave The school that I love to death have you called the friends that I made and tried so hard to make when It took years to make good friends and I finally stop being bullied by the kids in my old elementary school. Finally had a place where I felt safe. Until my illness( I don't know what it is yet or even if I am mentally ill) started and I thought that someone was stocking me or following me Sounds like lockers and doors slamming and other things people talking were people bullying me because I know I hate loud noices. And then my friend the Gay friend that I blurted out I'm autistic to moved away the day I got out of my third time at the hospital I had camp that day so I never got a chance to say goodbye and he helped me so much when I was ill and even when I was sort of bullied at one point. And before he left and the 2 and third hospitalization I made a new friend who help me get a ton of friends. And now I have to leave all that. If/when I get excepted into this new school or another school.

Also my good teachers that I've been Friends with and was so nice.

I never felt so low in my life besides the bullying. And I don't know what to do.

My voices Say there going to be there forever that they're here to protect me and I don't know what to do to get them away.

I've also going to lose my therapist to specializes in autism although she didn't really know much about it in the first place. She is so young and is still studying this.

Nobody let me into my IeP meeting so I have no idea what my test scores are or how I'm doing academically or anything or even what services I'm going to get. But no one seems to know what happened at the meeting or won't tell me what is going on. Man I should've listened in.

Note due to the new posts not being put up on the homepage I'm posting it here also since it's kind of urgent and important if no one minds

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 1:08 am

You are most likely at the beginning of schizophrenia or one of the other schizo diagnoses.

People who hear voices to some frequency are normally preschizo like myself.

Have your psychiatrist test you for schizophrenia

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 1:13 am

xenocity wrote:
You are most likely at the beginning of schizophrenia or one of the other schizo diagnoses.

Could it be a co morbid do you have an asd as well? My psychiatrist says its because of my anxiety due to autism that I hear voices.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 1:29 am

jenisautistic wrote:
xenocity wrote:

Could it be a co morbid do you have an asd as well? My psychiatrist says its because of my anxiety due to autism that I hear voices.

I do have ASD.
My psychiatrist and therapist both said i am preschizophrenia.
I also suffer from clinical depression and general anxiety disorder as well.

I fit of many of the schizophrenia core symptoms, but the voices and other powerful symptoms aren't full on yet and may take along time if ever.

So until then, I have just have to keep an eye on my development.

I also have mental illness on my mother's side.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 1:38 am

xenocity wrote:
jenisautistic wrote:
xenocity wrote:

I do have ASD.

I fit of many of the schizophrenia core symptoms, but the voices and other powerful symptoms aren't full on yet and may take along time if ever.

That's odd I feel like I suffer from some or even all of those those too but I'm not sure and my therapist would just say I'm looking up symptoms and thinking i have everything so I don't know what to do you since it is especially hard to understand my feelings I know whether I'm depressed or anxious or whatever to tell how I feel is very hard.

My therapist says I might have psychosis Well she used that to get me in the office of mental health

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 1:49 am

jenisautistic wrote:
xenocity wrote:
jenisautistic wrote:
xenocity wrote:

I do have ASD.

That's odd I feel like I suffer from some or even all of those those too but I'm not sure and my therapist would just say I'm looking up symptoms and thinking i have everything so I don't know what to do you since it is especially hard to understand my feelings I know whether I'm depressed or anxious or whatever to tell how I feel is very hard.

Then you need to learn how to explain yourself fullest to your ability and have someone close to you go with you.
They should be able to elaborate further helping you get a better medical treatment.
I thankfully went on the generic form of Cymbalta and it helped with my neurological issues and other medical issues.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 4:12 am

It's definitely not a cause of autism, but it's not always schizophrenia. I hear voices (it started around age 24/25-ish) and I've been told its a symptom of my severe level bipolar. I don't know if they've ruled out bipolar schizoaffective yet, but I don't think my voices/delusions are strong enough to be such. They mostly come with manic episodes and either insult me or urge me to act upon my impulses, which are usually very self-destructive...so it's a somewhat good thing at least yours seem benevolent.

But yes, this is something to immediately bring up to your therapist.

Luzhin
Toucan
Toucan

10 Jan 2015, 9:35 am

I have experienced this a few times through my life but it is related to my having severe clinical depression and not my ASD. The voices would come, annoy me for some time and then slowly just disappear...usually as my bout of depression was also easing up.

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 10:35 am

A suggestion for dealing with the voices from a schizophrenic list memher on another list that I am on.

This will sound so stupid, but you've got nothing to lose, and I have hear of it before.

The woman puts an ear defender (small smushy type) in only one of her ears. She uses the right, but you need to test out which ear works better for you. Foam, plastic type, doesn't matter.

She uses them in places like doctor's offices, school, stressful situations. Told me it really backs down the voices to a tolerable level.

If you Google earplug therapy suggestions come up

https://books.google.com/books?id=NQPPf ... CCsQ6AEwAQ

The above is so you know I'm not making this up.

Hope this helps....

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 10:38 am

I´ve been told, that some schizophrenia-like symptoms can accompany ASD, but in most cases, they´ll never lead to outbreak of anything. Some people hear voices without being psychotic at all, - but if this is, what you hear: "Until my illness started and I thought that SOMEONE WAS STALKING ME me or following me. SOUNDS LIKE LOCKER AND DOORS SLAMMING and other things people talking were people bullying me because I know I hate loud noices", it is criminal, if a therapist tells you, that you are too concerned with your mental health.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 4:12 pm

Jeni: Are you absolutely POSITIVE it's not one of your medications, causing this problem?

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 11:16 pm

Jensen wrote:
I´ve been told, that some schizophrenia-like symptoms can accompany ASD, but in most cases, they´ll never lead to outbreak of anything. Some people hear voices without being psychotic at all, - but if this is, what you hear: "Until my illness started and I thought that SOMEONE WAS STALKING ME me or following me. SOUNDS LIKE LOCKER AND DOORS SLAMMING and other things people talking were people bullying me because I know I hate loud noices", it is criminal, if a therapist tells you, that you are too concerned with your mental health.

This is exactly what was happening I was hearing doors slamming people running to class talking laughing doing normal hallway stuff and people running up the stairs and I would think it was someone bullying me me.
And I would hear this voice saying stop bullying her it's not funny but I have a recording is the real voice but I kept hearing it everywhere And screaming in the middle of the night and saying we need to take her to Safehaven and other things witch were not real.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 11:48 pm

Jensen wrote:

This is exactly what was happening I was hearing doors slamming people running to class talking laughing doing normal hallway stuff and people running up the stairs and I would think it was someone bullying me me.
And I would hear this voice saying stop bullying her it's not funny but I have a recording is the real voice but I kept hearing it everywhere And screaming in the middle of the night and saying we need to take her to Safehaven and other things witch were not real.[/quote]

sometimes stop bullying her it's not funny I hear it sometimes I don't

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 7:34 am

I seriously think, that you should copy this thread and show it to a psychiatrist, because on this page you have described your experiences better, than you would be able to in an eye-to-eye/face-to-face situation.
It is hugely important, that you get through to someone about this! :heart: