I need to improve my concentration.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

The Gift
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2015, 8:17 pm

Every single day, my mind races at the speed of light. One minute, I'm trying to watch a film in its entirety, and the next, I'm on my computer trying to write. A minute after that, I'm surfing the net, jumping from one site to the next within the space of half a minute. I've been trying to get more writing done, and read more books from cover to cover. I guess I lack the initiative to do so.

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 3:28 pm

The Gift wrote:
Every single day, my mind races at the speed of light. One minute, I'm trying to watch a film in its entirety, and the next, I'm on my computer trying to write. A minute after that, I'm surfing the net, jumping from one site to the next within the space of half a minute. I've been trying to get more writing done, and read more books from cover to cover. I guess I lack the initiative to do so.

Consider trying these:

1) Write, while having the film play in a window in a part of your screen. It works for me when writing code, it really does. Though eventually I kinda start ignoring the film. So it's best to play a movie I know by heart, so it doesn't distract me and I don't miss anything.

2) Sublingual vitamin B12 can help your neural links in general. It's called methylcobalamine, and Kirkland makes the max dose for cheap. It melts under your tongue in a few minutes.

3) Avoid coffee and energy drinks.