Internet friends are not real friends(!)

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2018, 10:17 pm

They're real people still, just talking to them through a machine but still real none the less.

It depends if the person is "fake or not"

some people you can meet and know in the "real world" and they could be fake

some people you can meet and know in the "virtual world! and they could be genuine and vise versa.

Breakingpoint
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jun 2018, 8:34 am

I completely disagree with the o p some of the most genuine caring trustworthy people who I have ever met and consider friends are people who I have met through social media predominantly Facebook and for what it's worth those friendships have been more real than any face-to-face friendship I have yet to make. distance between two people does not negate a friendship

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2018, 8:31 pm

I was on an Internet cat site and I met some of the nicest people there. I talked to cat lovers all over the world and still correspond with some of them today.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2018, 8:41 pm

Meow.....That's real!

jikijiki53
Raven
Raven

12 Jun 2018, 10:27 am

It depends on how often you talk to friends online, how long you have talked to them and have similar interests. I have an online friend who I have been talking to for about 4 years now, and I actually met him and his mother in person just last year. I believe as long as you keep in contact every once in awhile they are your real friends.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2018, 7:37 am

I don't know about anyone else but I got people online that I've been knowing and communicating with for over a decade. If that doesn't constitute "real friend" then I don't know what does ... These are people who have known me at my worse and still put up with my crap yet people offline will fall back after a few months.