Are Aspie men and women a good match?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 9:05 pm

It's common dating advice to Aspies to seek out other aspies, in particular for Aspie men to focus on dating Aspie women but I wonder if this is actually a good idea? I feel like a Aspie guy might be a better match with an INFP chick than with an Aspie chick. A lot of Aspie girls seem to look down on Aspie guys and identify more with other women and feminists than they do as Aspies.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 9:13 pm

I think people should focus on finding someone they can connect to and who understands them. That might be an Aspie, or it might be an NT. It all depends.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 9:18 pm

TheAP wrote:
I think people should focus on finding someone they can connect to and who understands them. That might be an Aspie, or it might be an NT. It all depends.

This. Being an Aspie is just one facet of someone. That alone is not going to guarantee a match.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Jan 2015, 9:41 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
TheAP wrote:

This. Being an Aspie is just one facet of someone. That alone is not going to guarantee a match.
My 2nd ex & current girlfriend are Aspies & my ex & current girlfriend are affected by their AS differently & have pretty different personalities. My ex had kind of the opposite personality of me within a relationship & my current is alot more on my level with things.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition