A problem with America's police force...

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 9:44 pm

From Wish TV8:
“INDIANAPOLIS - A suspended metro police officer is facing a drunken driving charge for the third time in less than two years.

Officer Joshua Nygren was arrested Sunday night for resisting arrest by force, operating a vehicle while intoxicated with prior, operating a vehicle while intoxicated and public intoxication.

Nygren was hired by IPD in 2001. He was arrested in 2005 and again in 2006 for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. Nygren is on indefinite suspension until a hearing of the Merit Board.”

Makes you wonder how many police men should actully be police men, huh?

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 9:48 pm

Yeah, but how many politicians should actually be in charge of the country? And how many heart surgeons should actually be performing heart surgery?

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 9:50 pm

I don’t know about politicians or heart surgeons, but I have known a lot of really bad police men. When I was little, we lived next door to a sheriff who got arrested twice. And there was once this one police man who scared me to death threatening to take me away- and letting the bully get away. I have only known one nice one and he’s just at my school.

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 9:59 pm

They need to raise the standards for police recruitment IMO, too many fat, unfit cops who abuse their power.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 10:01 pm

Agreed. I don’t think you even need a college education to become a cop, either! And do you see how often they’re speeding while hounding us with tickets? Double-standard much…

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

12 Mar 2007, 11:31 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
Agreed. I don’t think you even need a college education to become a cop, either! And do you see how often they’re speeding while hounding us with tickets?

Not counting when they're catching up to the actual speeders, of course!

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 11:43 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
Agreed. I don’t think you even need a college education to become a cop, either! And do you see how often they’re speeding while hounding us with tickets? Double-standard much…

Be careful about when you go out in a car, too, cops are very abusive at night. One time I was out driving late at night and this fat hick pulled me over. He had a flashlight and spent 10 minutes looking around in my car. He told me he pulled me over for speeding (roads are stupid in Texas, the speed limit is lowered by 5 during nighttime, I wasn't really speeding) but I knew he just pulled me over because he could. He didn't even give me a ticket, he just took out a piece of paper and gave me a "warning". He was just power tripping.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 1:15 am

GoatOnFire wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:

Be careful about when you go out in a car, too, cops are very abusive at night. One time I was out driving late at night and this fat hick pulled me over. He had a flashlight and spent 10 minutes looking around in my car. He told me he pulled me over for speeding (roads are stupid in Texas, the speed limit is lowered by 5 during nighttime, I wasn't really speeding) but I knew he just pulled me over because he could. He didn't even give me a ticket, he just took out a piece of paper and gave me a "warning". He was just power tripping.

Yep, that sounds like how the cops were back when I lived in Houston. Once my mom was stuck in a speed trap where she couldn’t go any slower without getting crashed into, and everyone in the speed trap got a ticket regardless if they did want to speed or not. And don’t even get me started on how many tickets my dad has gotten from Texas cops! lol Then again, he’s the one typically doing the speeding and doing doughnuts when it rains. He’s one crazy driver…

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 1:42 am

Lightning88 wrote:
GoatOnFire wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:

Yep, that sounds like how the cops were back when I lived in Houston. Once my mom was stuck in a speed trap where she couldn’t go any slower without getting crashed into, and everyone in the speed trap got a ticket regardless if they did want to speed or not. And don’t even get me started on how many tickets my dad has gotten from Texas cops! lol Then again, he’s the one typically doing the speeding and doing doughnuts when it rains. He’s one crazy driver…

You used to live in Texas, awesome! :D I also hate that in Texas they don't have the rule about following the flow of traffic. I've never gotten a ticket. I seem to have an instinct for where the cops have set their traps. The other day I got pissed at some other drivers trying to box me in (on the interstate) so when I had a small hole I sped up to over 100 and took the hole right before a hill. Then I suddenly slowed down and on the other side of the hill was a cop with a radar gun. I was so lucky. A ticket at 105 mph has got to be expensive.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 2:01 am

Yep, I was born in Houston! I lived there until 1995 (I was six) when my mom and I moved here to Indiana. But I’ve been down to Texas every year since! I’m hoping to one day move back there. It’s way too cold up here! However, it’s supposed to be 74 tomorrow so that’ll be nice, but still a bit cool for me. However, on Friday it’s only going to be 34 for the high. This is what you get in Indiana. What part of Texas are you in?

Some cop caught a person in my neighborhood last Wednesday evening. It’s pretty stupid since the neighborhood is only two years old and is only halfway filled up! And it’s not like it’s a really busy area either. We’re kind of out in the boonies in our county, but still close enough to get to shopping in five miles. But anyway, I think the people the cops got were trying to pull into the front section of the neighborhood. There’s three of them. The front ones are the cheapest (well, they’re not cheap but they’re the cheapest in quality), the middle section is the yuppie section, and the back section (mine!) is the section you can only live in if you have money. Needless to say, there are no cops living in my neighborhood right now! lol

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 2:09 am

Lightning88 wrote:
Yep, I was born in Houston! I lived there until 1995 (I was six) when my mom and I moved here to Indiana. But I’ve been down to Texas every year since! I’m hoping to one day move back there. It’s way too cold up here! However, it’s supposed to be 74 tomorrow so that’ll be nice, but still a bit cool for me. However, on Friday it’s only going to be 34 for the high. This is what you get in Indiana. What part of Texas are you in?

Some cop caught a person in my neighborhood last Wednesday evening. It’s pretty stupid since the neighborhood is only two years old and is only halfway filled up! And it’s not like it’s a really busy area either. We’re kind of out in the boonies in our county, but still close enough to get to shopping in five miles. But anyway, I think the people the cops got were trying to pull into the front section of the neighborhood. There’s three of them. The front ones are the cheapest (well, they’re not cheap but they’re the cheapest in quality), the middle section is the yuppie section, and the back section (mine!) is the section you can only live in if you have money. Needless to say, there are no cops living in my neighborhood right now! lol

What part of Houston did you grow up in? I live near Pasadena and Baytown.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 2:15 am

Lightning88 wrote:

In the town I live in, officers do need a bachelor's degree, and military experience will not substitute for it.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 2:19 am

We were over near Tomball. I think we were only, like, three miles from there actually.

Cops here only need a high school education unfortunately. There are so may power trippers it’s not even funny. And they love hanging out at the Krispy Kreme. Yeah, I’m serious about that!

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 3:28 am

!. It is a rotten job, you see the worst of people and that can get very bad.

2. Lots of rules, uniform service, restrictions on off duty actions.

3. Rotten pay, very slow promotion, and still rotten pay.

4. No one trusts you, most have bad opinions, they treat you like an aspie with a gun.

5. Pull over a Judges wife and you are screwed.

6. Limited powers, the Mayor and his friends, The Chamber, are off limits.

7, The system is so flawed that it is local district only, serial killers, interstate, are Fed.

8. The guy you busted yesterday is back on the street today.

9. The pimp that busted up a couple of girls gets 60 days, the kid with a crack rock 40 years.

10. There is never the satisfaction of a job well done.

11. You might get accustomed to dead crack heads and hos, but not families with children in cars.

12. You are not good marriage material.

13. You work always expecting a bullet. 600 a year get it.

14. Drinking is needed to get to sleep.

15. You do not like the people you work with.

16. Most do not last two years on the job.

17. Patrolmen are hired so the higher ups will have a fall guy, then you will never work again.

18. Barroom bouncer pays better and gets respect, you can dress casual, and date.

19. Women who want to date a cop might also go for a lion tamer, they date the uniform.

20. The world does not want to know, but they do want to blame you.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 6:49 am

It seems like the cops where we live only try to fill certain quotas. They are really incompetent too, they could be searching all over town for a guy, and that guy could smile and wave at them and they would have no clue. (this is a PROVEN FACT, they were searching for me one night because I ran away, they waved back at me and went along their marry way)

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 9:07 am

:shameonyou: not nice to judge every officer on a few nut jobs.
although I agree it should be harder for certain types of people(such as drunk drivers) to be aloud to become an officer. and a few towns need to replace their entire police force
( :evil: sitting on the sidewalk to tie my shoe is NOT illigal, maybe instead of yelling at me you should work on the kids throwing rocks at cars :evil: )