If you are working, What is Your Job?

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 10:19 am

Sounds like a "Stand and Deliver" type of situation.

One of the greatest movies of all time, in my opinion.

The teacher managed to assist seemingly "hopeless" kids in (mostly) acing the Calculus AP!

SDerailed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2015, 12:29 pm

I work from home as a graphic designer and web designer developer. I don't have to deal with anyone other than meetings with clients, and its wonderful.

war0814
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Feb 2015, 1:59 pm

I'm a video coordinator for a women's college basketball team. I do film breakdown, scouting, statistical analysis, and help with Photoshop projects.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 2:56 pm

Electrical (Systems) Engineer in the Transportation Controls industry.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

dryope
Toucan
Toucan

03 Feb 2015, 12:18 am

Mid-range editor and writer for a large news publication.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 8:16 am

Tax Accountant/Senior Bookkeeper for 10 years now. Currently studying towards a degree and then hopefully do the CA/CPA program.

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Feb 2015, 3:22 am

I am a school assistant (at a school with pupils between 14 and 18 years old). My job consists of:
- absence administration: I must input the absence of pupils, reported by teachers into a school administration system. Once a week I must print lists, and send them to the class teachers (there is a difference between a subject and a class teacher). Until recently I must remind class teachers to give me the reasons of absence, but now my two bosses will do that (they are also the teachers' bosses);
- washing used cups, saucers, utensils, etc. When once washed, they have to be put to the personnel room where they are ready to be used again;
- distributing internal posts and bring posts to a nearby location (I am not responsible to distribute the post there; I must give it to the person who will distribute it);
- do several tasks: copying, printing, making readers of printed documents (that I may have to copy several times). The tasks are given by other personnel (all other colleagues) and by pupils. For copying I must charge 5 cent for each page to copy, unless they have a permit from their teacher. If they don't want to pay nor have a permit, I must refuse to copy. At least I must tell the pupil that he either needs a permit or 5 cent per page I must copy;
- sometimes computer related support to colleagues and a few times to pupils;
- entering cancelled lessons into a database (that I developed before using MS Access). The schedule administrator gives me a list of lessons that are cancelled. For each lesson it is given the date, the time (lesson number), the class, the teacher and the reason of cancelling. That can be illness, external course, scholar affairs, special permit, other reasons. The boss can ask me for a table in Excel, which then is send to him, using mail;
- report bugs in the school administration system to the application manager, who also have contact to the company delivering that system (because from time to time there are new patches to update, upgrade the system and sometimes to add new functionality).

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 7:22 pm

I do prep, wash dishes and clean the restaurant, we do casual fine dining fusion comfort food.

invaderhorizongreen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 8:08 pm

I am a bottle room clerk, or I push carts depending on where I am sent for the day.

samanthacraft
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Mar 2015, 4:05 pm

I used to be a school teacher. I write a blog everydayaspergers.com and now I am a job recruiter. I support a company that is founded on providing job opportunities for people on the spectrum. You can connect with me via Facebook through my blog link. I will include the information about what I do below. I am on the spectrum, so is my middle son, and my partner. ULTRA Pay starts off at $15 an hour, hours vary, but can lead to full-time employment. It's remote/work from home. Searching for people with high interest in technology who can work well with a remote-team.

Remote Software Tester/ Part-Time Independent Contractor (open to US citizens and permanent residents)

ULTRA Testing is a technology company that provides high quality, highly responsive software testing services through exceptional teams that include individuals with Asperger Syndrome and similar Autism Spectrum profiles. ULTRA Testing is currently recruiting part-time, remote (work-from-home) independent contractors to work as Software Testers. Work available for independent contractors can vary from week to week, ranging from over 20 hours during some weeks to 0 hours during other weeks. Software testing experience is not required, but a strong interest in technology and familiarity with different types of software is necessary. Long-term and eventual full-time employment is possible, and strong consideration will be given to applicants who are actively seeking a long-term position. The recruiting process takes approximately 8 to 10 weeks from initial application to final decision.

Steps for Potential Candidates:
1. Review the job description.
2. Complete the online questionnaire. The form includes instructions for the next step after completing the questionnaire.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13xM ... GLUQU/edit