Crime/Real Life Crime Shows - Anyone Else?

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KateCoco
Raven
Raven

17 Jan 2015, 10:52 am

DeepHour wrote:
When I lived in London more than ten years ago, I visited the sites of Jack The Ripper's murders, as well as others, including the two addresses where Dennis Nilsen committed his crimes.

The psychological issues involved interest me as well. I'm convinced Jeffery Dahmer was on the autistic spectrum, and perhaps Nilsen as well.

I'm currently halfway through watching a film called The Kiss Of A Killer, about the Hungarian serial killer Bela Kiss (I bought it from Poundland!).

I agree with you about Dahmer. I think his father had signs too. Have you read the 2002 paper suggesting Dahmer was autistic? If not, you can read it here: http://murderpedia.org/male.D/images/da ... -et-al.pdf

I'm going through a special interest at the moment re serial killer psychology, psychopaths and behavioural analysis of crime scenes. There are a couple of really good TV programmes I've found - Born to Kill (made in England but I think it's broadcast in America too) and Killer Instinct, hosted by a retired FBI profiler. I'm fascinated with autistic murderers ... autistic serial killer Cary Stayner was featured in an episode of Born to Kill. There's a serial killer in New York called Joel Rifkin and he seems to be "on the spectrum" to me as well. I don't know much about Dennis Nilsen so I'll have to look into him!

nomoretears
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jan 2015, 11:15 am

I don't know if I'd want more killers associated with autism. People already think we're gonna shoot up the place.

I write two death row inmates. One I don't hear from often (super slow san quentin mail). They're cool dudes except for murdering people lol. I talk to them like I'd talk to anyone else for the most part.

There's someone on Lockup I might right.

KateCoco
Raven
Raven

17 Jan 2015, 11:28 am

nomoretears wrote:
I don't know if I'd want more killers associated with autism. People already think we're gonna shoot up the place.

I write two death row inmates. One I don't hear from often (super slow san quentin mail). They're cool dudes except for murdering people lol. I talk to them like I'd talk to anyone else for the most part.

It's a difficult one ... don't want to hide the truth but don't want people to get the wrong idea.

What made you write to the death row inmates?

nomoretears
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jan 2015, 5:25 pm

KateCoco wrote:
nomoretears wrote:

It's a difficult one ... don't want to hide the truth but don't want people to get the wrong idea.

What made you write to the death row inmates?

I like to watch lock up, and I have a relative in prison. Prison looks really tough, and I wanted to brighten someones day. One day I was looking for pen pals on the interwebs, and my dr pp in fl popped up. I took it as a sign. I wasnt specifically looking for someone on the row that time. I was searching for a dr pp when I found the one at sq. His name kept popling up so once again I took it az a sign. I also have pps not in dr.

They amazed me. They are kind, sensitive, and sadistic at the same time. My dr pp in fl shot someone 4x point blank amongst all his other offenses (robbery, prolific drug use, kidnapping, etc). Hes almost 50, and he says hes a lot calmer. My pp in sq killed two people in prison but also likes birds. Both are in prison for botched robberies. If someone robs you, just give them the money lol.

Oh yes, the stories they can tell you are amazing lol. Thats one of the best parts about writing prisoners.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 11:13 pm

nomoretears wrote:

The one I used to write to was at San Quentin, and I tried to find out a few years ago if he was still there, but I could not fully remember his name. Only that he was one of the longest serving on Death Row and had appealed quite a few times. He was into Chess.

zaddapanda57
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jan 2015, 8:43 pm

Yes - I love cop / FBI type shows. Criminal Minds, Numb3rs, Hawaii Five O....I really like the "techie" ones where a technology is used that doesn't really exist.

klausnrooster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2015, 9:40 pm

Enjoy the profiling documentaries. Like how the profiler predicts the perpetrator wears a vest or has a speech impediment. But those shows drag things out and review the whole episode up the point of the latest commercial, every commercial break, ... what could be a 20 minute doc ends up being an hour. I do like the "procedural" dramas. Can't wait for the next "True Detective".

nomoretears
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2015, 8:36 am

Graelwyn wrote:
nomoretears wrote:

The one I used to write to was at San Quentin, and I tried to find out a few years ago if he was still there, but I could not fully remember his name. Only that he was one of the longest serving on Death Row and had appealed quite a few times. He was into Chess.

Well, he might be there still. Do you remember anything about him? County of origin? Race/ethnicity?