wrong, but not child abuse 29%  29%  [ 5 ]
child abuse 71%  71%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 17

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 4:53 am

Basso53 wrote:
We are living in a country that has gone insane.

We are living in a world that has gone insane.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 4:57 am

I agree that this was unreasonable, but at the same time, it is not okay for the kid to hit his teacher. Being autistic does not give you a free pass with your fists. The sooner this is learned the better.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 9:02 am

androbot01 wrote:
I agree that this was unreasonable, but at the same time, it is not okay for the kid to hit his teacher. Being autistic does not give you a free pass with your fists. The sooner this is learned the better.

Teachers (and parents) should usually be able to handle this without calling the police for an 8 year old kid.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 1:29 pm

androbot01 wrote:

I once pushed my teacher and nearly hit her when she grabbed me after I threw my driver's ed test on the floor because I was frustrated with the questions. It was a once time incident and she startled me because I wasn't expecting it so it was a reflex action as well.

I do agree it's never okay to hit a teacher but I also think what if it was an accident? I think it doesn't matter if the boy was autistic but I think arresting a child for hitting is going too far because whatever happened to the other things they used to do like taking away recess or sending them to the office and calling home ad let the parents take care of it.

But since the boy tends to have violent outbursts, maybe this wasn't a one time thing he did while it was for me so no one made a big deal about it and there could be more to the story. He could be like Frankie and maybe he could be someone who tends to get aggressive when things don't go his way and he could have a conduct disorder or behavior issues but I don't know.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 11:47 pm

For goodness sake, and for the well-being of children, urge your representatives to support the ratification of United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child by the United States. Currently only Somalia and the USA are the only countries which have not ratified protections for children in terms of the convention, which offers protections that would prohibit appalling abuses like this. It is disturbing that US citizens tolerate the "land of the free" being on a par with Somalia, of all places..