Club Nintendo closes worldwide: new program on it's way!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 9:29 am

However, Nintendo has decided to discontinue Club Nintendo in favour of a brand new membership loyalty scheme, with information on this upcoming programme coming in due course. As a special offer for those that sign up for the new scheme during the launch period, users will all receive a free copy of long-awaited 3DS eShop drawing application Flipnote Studio 3D.

EU Club Nintendo:

Quote:
April 1st 2015: From this date, Nintendo will no longer include product registration cards with its packaged games, so such products cannot be registered in Club Nintendo. You may still find product registration cards in games that were in stock before this date, however.

April 20th 2015: Termination of the registration of digital products downloaded from Nintendo eShop. Digital products obtained from Nintendo eShop after this date will no longer appear in the My Registered Games & Systems page in Club Nintendo. In addition, surveys for download software titles will no longer be available.

September 30th 2015: End of Club Nintendo programme. All Club Nintendo features, such as signing up as a new member, logging in as a registered member, earning Stars, and exchanging Stars for items from the Stars Catalogue will no longer be possible from this date.

NA Club Nintendo:

Quote:
January 20th 2015: Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo

March 31st 2015: Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership

June 30 2015: Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on 6/30/2015.

Japan's Club Nintendo has already closed it's doors.

Edit: NoA says there will be a bunch of new digital and physical prizes for users to redeem next month.
We will also get Flip Note 3D for free via Club Nintendo NA next month as well.

Edit 2: North American users will have until March 31st to achieve Gold and Platinum status. Rewards will be digital and be released on April 1st and be redeemable until through the end of April.

Details on the new program will be announced soon.
http://www.cubed3.com/news/23184/1/club ... dwide.html

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 6:58 pm

I have a lot of points to redeem =| They're going to have to come up with a lot of good prizes...

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 9:39 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I have a lot of points to redeem =| They're going to have to come up with a lot of good prizes...

Then you better get registering.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 2:13 am

Can't wait to see what they have planned for the new program...sad to see Club Nintendo go, even though 98% of the rewards have been mostly crap. I have a perfect record though, so there's that ( Platinum every year! )

The bigger question becomes "how long will we actually get to enjoy Flipnote Studio 3D before it gets pulled due to idiots and a-holes being inappropriate?" I still miss Swapnote....

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 12:36 pm

newageretrohippie wrote:
Can't wait to see what they have planned for the new program...sad to see Club Nintendo go, even though 98% of the rewards have been mostly crap. I have a perfect record though, so there's that ( Platinum every year! )

The bigger question becomes "how long will we actually get to enjoy Flipnote Studio 3D before it gets pulled due to idiots and a-holes being inappropriate?" I still miss Swapnote....

I beg to differ.
i got a lot of free games and useful stuff from Club Nintendo over the years.

Flipnote Studio 3D has no online mode, though you can share them locally and by exported them to your PC (which you can them upload them elsewhere).
The online mode was pulled in Japan thanks to pedophiles.

Swapnote still has the local mode, so you can use it when friends are together.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 7:42 pm

xenocity wrote:

No, I mean I already have a lot of coins in my Club Nintendo, almost at Platinum (I have a couple cards that I still have to register). I've been saving them up because all of the free downloadable games they've been offering are either games I don't want, or games I already have (either through VC, or actual carts).

I suppose I could give a bunch of games away if need be.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 9:11 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
xenocity wrote:

No, I mean I already have a lot of coins in my Club Nintendo, almost at Platinum (I have a couple cards that I still have to register). I've been saving them up because all of the free downloadable games they've been offering are either games I don't want, or games I already have (either through VC, or actual carts).

I suppose I could give a bunch of games away if need be.

I'll take your codes, if you don' t need them.

Right now the 3DS game card cases are worth the coins!