Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

einsteinmyhero
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jan 2015, 9:34 am

can't believe the aggressor.http://www.autismdailynewscast.com/death-threat-made-online-blogger-aspergers-syndrome/21663/adn/

“Men passionately desire to live after death, but they often pass away without noticing the fact that the memory of a really good person always lives. It is impressed upon the next generation, and is transmitted again to the children. Is that not an immortality worth striving for? ”
― Pyotr Kropotkin, Memoirs of a Revolutionist

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 10:20 am

Maybe its a conspiracy, like autism speaks is secretly behind it

Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 7:29 am

I don't think anyone will ever take someone seriously who just calls people horrible names, makes false accusations and death threats seriously, so when he says "asperger's doesn't exist" I think people just feel bad for him or acknowledge he's trolling..

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 8:49 am

I know of that blogger. At least he used to be called Timelord. He also had been successful with a previous defamation case against John Best Jr.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 11:55 am

I've gotten death threats for my blog

Hansgrohe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2015, 8:06 pm

I say have them publish the e-mails in question and let them get spambombed.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 1:42 pm

Is that his real name he uses, if so, that is why you don't ever put your real name on the internet. If it isn't his real name, then I think he is taking it too seriously because how can someone online know where he lives and find out who he is if he hasn't put his real name on the internet. Someone once told me bombs would drop on my house if I didn't do what he said. I didn't take it seriously because how was he going to do that if he didn't know my address? I didn't give him enough personal information for him to know who I was. Or aspergarianstar threatening to get me fired from my job saying I work in a elementary school and calling me a pedophile and I also didn't take it seriously because I don't work in any school so how is he going to get me fired?

As for my blog, I have never gotten any death threats but I have gotten a troll who said I was lying about having autism and saying I always lied in my blog and saying I am now lying about my children and saying I have mental issues. Well I have been diagnosed with depression in the past and OCD and anxiety so yeah he is correct about me having mental issues lol. i think this is pretty common for bloggers. I finally switched it to only people with wordpress accounts and leave comments because I got tired of that troll hiding behind the screen being anonymous. He only left two comments but that was enough for me to change my settings.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 2:30 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Is that his real name he uses, if so, that is why you don't ever put your real name on the internet. If it isn't his real name, then I think he is taking it too seriously because how can someone online know where he lives and find out who he is if he hasn't put his real name on the internet. Someone once told me bombs would drop on my house if I didn't do what he said. I didn't take it seriously because how was he going to do that if he didn't know my address? I didn't give him enough personal information for him to know who I was. Or aspergarianstar threatening to get me fired from my job saying I work in a elementary school and calling me a pedophile and I also didn't take it seriously because I don't work in any school so how is he going to get me fired?

As for my blog, I have never gotten any death threats but I have gotten a troll who said I was lying about having autism and saying I always lied in my blog and saying I am now lying about my children and saying I have mental issues. Well I have been diagnosed with depression in the past and OCD and anxiety so yeah he is correct about me having mental issues lol. i think this is pretty common for bloggers. I finally switched it to only people with wordpress accounts and leave comments because I got tired of that troll hiding behind the screen being anonymous. He only left two comments but that was enough for me to change my settings.

Have you ever heard of doxing? Even if you don't use your real name for a blog, there's usually enough information on the internet about you to allow people to find that out.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 5:31 am

Jono wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Have you ever heard of doxing? Even if you don't use your real name for a blog, there's usually enough information on the internet about you to allow people to find that out.

You have to be careful what you put out there. I once found out who a member is on here, a former NT member. He posted a video he made and I also joined his facebook page on his band and he had linked to a newspaper article from his area and it had his real name in it so I looked it up and I found out where he lived, his wife's name, his kids and step kids name. I didn't go far to doing a people search on him to find his address of course and his phone number because I didn't care about those things. Is this doxing?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 1:08 pm

No, doxing would be if you'd done those steps and then released the information, so people could, ah, send him gifts.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 3:26 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Jono wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

You have to be careful what you put out there. I once found out who a member is on here, a former NT member. He posted a video he made and I also joined his facebook page on his band and he had linked to a newspaper article from his area and it had his real name in it so I looked it up and I found out where he lived, his wife's name, his kids and step kids name. I didn't go far to doing a people search on him to find his address of course and his phone number because I didn't care about those things. Is this doxing?

Doxing is when people search for all the informationn that they can about a particular person online, real name, phone number, residential address, e-mail etc, and then post all that information somewhere publicly, either to incite other people to harass that person or for other reasons.

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Feb 2015, 12:08 am

I've no idea why people are surprised by this.

When people already have preset misconceptions, and you plainly tell people the facts, they do anything in their power to hold onto their beliefs, however misguided or bigoted.

Their arrogance, their social zealotry.

vermontsavant wrote:
Maybe its a conspiracy, like autism speaks is secretly behind it

Just like those two guys that took a trip from reality land, and came up with all sorts to justify believing that Speaks isn't a hate group. Mental gymnastics to write off all the criticism of Speaks as conspiracy.