Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 6:01 pm

This website has some useful information on recovery stages after exiting a relationship with an NPD former partner:

http://thenarcissisticlife.com/victims- ... -recovery/

Understanding why you were vulnerable in the first place often requires an objective, in depth look at the messages (and usually abusive invalidation) received during childhood.

alisoncc
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2015, 6:19 pm

B19 wrote:
qtwrain wrote:
May I ask "are you male or female"? I see you are retired. Congrats! What field were you in? I would love to visit NZ and Aussi. Oh and Guam. I hear the seafood is excellent.

Female, seafood lover (NZ bluff oysters and abalone are great, but Australia has better prawns and their Morton Bay bugs cooked in beautiful sauces, and the mud crabs are worth going there just for that happy food experience!) - I was in psychology but am recovering... :)

You'd better believe it. Left overs from yesterdays lunch. An Ozzie female in Melbourne. Apologies for the distraction.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 6:28 pm

I am suffering from food torture being so far away from them. Someone took me to a very flash restaurant at Surfers Paradise years ago and ordered for me - I wasn't enthused at first by their selection of Morton Bay Bugs done in a coconut and curry sauce, which sounded awful! It was one of the best dishes I have eaten anywhere in the world, and literally unforgettable. Australian cuisine is streets ahead of most countries at the upper levels, the fresh produce, quality of the cooking and innovation almost unparalleled. Yep, sorry for the distraction which I have now compounded... I will probably be stoned to death in NZ today if I am identified for this post :)

qtwrain
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jan 2015, 7:48 pm

Soooo jealous. Mmmmm, I am hungry. On my way to Red Lobster... as good as it gets in the Bama. I will read your link asap. Got a date tonight. He is a nice, handsome, older, successful gentleman with some class. He is a bit narcissistic so this could be interesting. Maybe this one won't turn into the devil later :evil:

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 6:34 pm

Felinelover wrote:
Thank you very much for your views.

Sending big love to you all. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Love to you too :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Please keep us posted. I hope everything works out for you.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2015, 2:12 am

did he want you to be homeless so you would come crawling back to him or something? That's awfully fishy.