Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 3:25 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
KayteeKay wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
There are virtually none with the same interests in my area.

How many people live in your area? If the number is upwards of, say, 50k, well, that says as much about you as it does about the 25k in your vicinity.

Um, all it says about *you* is that you live in an area where people with the same interests are few and far between and/or not easy to find.

Right on the money, Lazar.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jan 2015, 3:29 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
KayteeKay wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
There are virtually none with the same interests in my area.

How many people live in your area? If the number is upwards of, say, 50k, well, that says as much about you as it does about the 25k in your vicinity.

Um, all it says about *you* is that you live in an area where people with the same interests are few and far between and/or not easy to find.

Right on the money, Lazar.

What exactly are the interests you have to which you can't find like minded women in your area? Houston is a VERY big city(the 4th largest population according to the 2010 census)so it's very likely that women with your interests live there......But the problem with living in a big city is that unless you're highly gregarious and/or part of a larger regional social network you don't run into them.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 1:12 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
LillaA wrote:
Understandable. As a woman, I find I have very little in common with most women. I don't care about hair, makeup, or hot guys on TV enough to talk about all of them combined for more than about 30 seconds, and if you want to go shopping, you'd better not be counting on me for company. I know, this is an over-simplified definition of the average woman, but it seems to be the people I run into most of the time.

The best I can tell you is that there are some women who go deeper than that and can actually be intellectual companions whom you have things in common with. Trouble is, they're rare. That's why I can count on one hand the good female friends I've had through my life, and most of those were only halfway people I had stuff in common with. So, it's a long ride to find one that's able to be a companion for you in your life, interests, hobbies, philosophies, etc.

They are really not that rare. I know plenty of deep, philosophical and widely orentiented women in my environment. In fact, I am one of those women myself. And yes I DO like to talk about more superficial stuff like hair and friends and clothing, make-up an celebrities occasionally, but who cares? I also have a very analytical, philosophical side. I just don't show it all the time. My boyfriend loves my versatility. There are a lot more sides to a person than it often seems.
Way too many women in the world to make such generalizations.

Oh I agree. You can't make huge generalizations about what women are interested in nor can you do so about men. But you really CAN when it comes to how men and women think and how the world looks to them.

Perhaps, but I do not see why this is relevant.

Oh really? Because of the fact that as I have stated before ITT, the fact is that because of the way that I think and in particular my worldview and conversational style are so alien to most women that I can't relate to them very well. Even if I have common interests. Now do you see my point?

Nope. Different women have different worldviews and conversational styles.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Feb 2015, 1:46 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
LillaA wrote:
Understandable. As a woman, I find I have very little in common with most women. I don't care about hair, makeup, or hot guys on TV enough to talk about all of them combined for more than about 30 seconds, and if you want to go shopping, you'd better not be counting on me for company. I know, this is an over-simplified definition of the average woman, but it seems to be the people I run into most of the time.

The best I can tell you is that there are some women who go deeper than that and can actually be intellectual companions whom you have things in common with. Trouble is, they're rare. That's why I can count on one hand the good female friends I've had through my life, and most of those were only halfway people I had stuff in common with. So, it's a long ride to find one that's able to be a companion for you in your life, interests, hobbies, philosophies, etc.

They are really not that rare. I know plenty of deep, philosophical and widely orentiented women in my environment. In fact, I am one of those women myself. And yes I DO like to talk about more superficial stuff like hair and friends and clothing, make-up an celebrities occasionally, but who cares? I also have a very analytical, philosophical side. I just don't show it all the time. My boyfriend loves my versatility. There are a lot more sides to a person than it often seems.
Way too many women in the world to make such generalizations.

Oh I agree. You can't make huge generalizations about what women are interested in nor can you do so about men. But you really CAN when it comes to how men and women think and how the world looks to them.

Perhaps, but I do not see why this is relevant.

Oh really? Because of the fact that as I have stated before ITT, the fact is that because of the way that I think and in particular my worldview and conversational style are so alien to most women that I can't relate to them very well. Even if I have common interests. Now do you see my point?

Nope. Different women have different worldviews and conversational styles.

Yes I'm aware. But I notice a very strong pattern when it comes to how women respond to my worldview and conversational style(not to mention the way that I think). I've met hundreds of women outside of my family and 90% of them find me either intimidating or irritating. And it's true this says something about ME more than them.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2015, 3:39 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:

What exactly are the interests you have to which you can't find like minded women in your area? Houston is a VERY big city(the 4th largest population according to the 2010 census)so it's very likely that women with your interests live there......But the problem with living in a big city is that unless you're highly gregarious and/or part of a larger regional social network you don't run into them.

Animated comedies, indie/arthouse films, stand-up comedy.

Not sure about the films, but the other interests have fan bases that are *overwhelmingly* male, and very few women have the same interests. The social landscape in Houston is such where one is either an artsy hipster or a stuffy social conservative. I am neither.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!