Page 7 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 6:38 am

I'm mentally ill; I'm full of demonic thoughts (which is quite cool honestly -- eek! The demon is taking over!): do I need an exorcism?

:roll:

Juggernaut
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 7:19 am

Mental illness is real. There is a physical aspect to our brains. Every mental illness is not a demon and I am careful to be skeptical of every case. But I also beleive that a lot of what we call mental illness involves demons. Physical symptoms, such as in the brain, do not automatically mean a physical cause. The body and the spirit work in conjunction, so one influences the other. For instance, going for a run, drinking alcohol, or laying in a hammock are all physical things, but they can lift ones spirit. Likewise, if ones spirit/mind chooses to be happy, physical pain will not bother a person much. This shows that body and mind are inseperable. Demonic influence can have an effect therefore without being just a demon coming after someone.

TimT
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2007, 10:55 am

Juggernaut wrote:
Mental illness is real. There is a physical aspect to our brains. Every mental illness is not a demon and I am careful to be skeptical of every case. But I also beleive that a lot of what we call mental illness involves demons. Physical symptoms, such as in the brain, do not automatically mean a physical cause. The body and the spirit work in conjunction, so one influences the other. For instance, going for a run, drinking alcohol, or laying in a hammock are all physical things, but they can lift ones spirit. Likewise, if ones spirit/mind chooses to be happy, physical pain will not bother a person much. This shows that body and mind are inseperable. Demonic influence can have an effect therefore without being just a demon coming after someone.
I agree entirely. A good book on the subject is Christian Counseling and Occultism by Dr. Kurt Koch. He calls for a differential diagnosis of mental disorders before attempting deliverance. But he also points out that psychosis and medical problems often come down the generations of those who were involved in the occult or magic. I have found this to be true.

The_Cucumber
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 9:38 pm

I have a odd theory when it come to religion and science.

Any physicists will probably tell you that there is a very good chance that subatomic particles exist that we know nothing about.

Also many theories exist that allow for a 5th dimension. Traveling along this dimension may cause you to enter a type of parallel universe.

What if the various spiritual manifestations are constructs of unknown subatomic particles. These particles could be capable of affecting physical matter at such a fundamental level we can't detect the difference it with modern instruments. They are also capable of traveling along a 5th dimensional axis thus causing heaven and hell to effectively be parallel universes normal matter cannot enter. These constructs could easily mimic the properties of life, and essentially they are life, perhaps in a more pure form then organic life.

Unfortunately these theories are completely unprovable in the modern world. But perhaps some day....

TimT
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 May 2007, 10:26 pm

The_Cucumber wrote:
I have a odd theory when it come to religion and science.

Any physicists will probably tell you that there is a very good chance that subatomic particles exist that we know nothing about.

Also many theories exist that allow for a 5th dimension. Traveling along this dimension may cause you to enter a type of parallel universe.

What if the various spiritual manifestations are constructs of unknown subatomic particles. These particles could be capable of affecting physical matter at such a fundamental level we can't detect the difference it with modern instruments. They are also capable of traveling along a 5th dimensional axis thus causing heaven and hell to effectively be parallel universes normal matter cannot enter. These constructs could easily mimic the properties of life, and essentially they are life, perhaps in a more pure form then organic life.

Unfortunately these theories are completely unprovable in the modern world. But perhaps some day....
A theory without any evidence is called a faith .....

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 3:25 am

Utter trollop.

Carly-Q
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 May 2007, 3:38 am

I believe that exorcism is real