Do you smoke?
yes 24%  24%  [ 16 ]
no 76%  76%  [ 52 ]
Total votes : 68

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 7:08 pm

"Smokers look trashy" "Smokers are very unattractive" Wow you are superficial, jk1. Most smokers I have seen are neat freaks, have a job and take good care of their own looks. If you are unemployed or poor here, then you ain't got money for smoking, however since booze is cheap here, the long term unemployed are constantly boozed up.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 7:53 pm

Aniihya wrote:
"Smokers look trashy" "Smokers are very unattractive" Wow you are superficial, jk1. Most smokers I have seen are neat freaks, have a job and take good care of their own looks. If you are unemployed or poor here, then you ain't got money for smoking, however since booze is cheap here, the long term unemployed are constantly boozed up.

Most smokers look like normal people to me, there isn't really a specific smoker look per say. I do not think I look trashy, I do wear clean clothes sometimes t-shirts are a little big on me, but my clothes do fit though I do not have a job....so its a luxury I cannot always afford. Constantly boozed up is no way to live at least in my opinion.

genesis529
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Mar 2015, 2:19 am

2 packs a day. Hopefully I won't make it to age 40.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 2:31 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
No, I do not smoke, although I've met a few people who want to quit smoking but don't know how to begin.

I used to smoke. Quitting was probably the toughest thing I've tried doing.

I used what was probably a placebo from a health food store. Just having something and having a thought that it might have some minor effect seemed to help.

That was 30 years ago. I still dream occasionally about smoking and when I wake up my first thought is wonder at where I hid the cigarettes.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 2:33 am

Aniihya wrote:

Very few smokers who I have met were super neat. Quite a few were complete slobs who would think nothing of using their salad bowl or half filled glass of water as an ash tray.

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 8:31 pm

I smoke lots - and love it. Also vape a curve (copy of Ileaf), also vape tobacco in an iolite, and also sometimes smoke a pipe. Smoking is my coping mechanism, and I love it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 1:58 pm

eric76 wrote:
Aniihya wrote:

Very few smokers who I have met were super neat. Quite a few were complete slobs who would think nothing of using their salad bowl or half filled glass of water as an ash tray.

That is pretty nasty...lol I am not super neat but the issue is more not organizing stuff well, not gross stuff like getting cigarette ash everywhere or spilling beer and just letting it soak in the carpet without a second thought. As a smoker I'd be grossed out by someone like that.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 4:56 pm

Mostly pot, almost nightly, but not very much - just a few tokes. An 8th tends to last me a few weeks.

Sometimes tobacco, but even less, and usually only if I'm smoking a spliff with a friend that smokes a lot more weed than me but only smokes it mixed with natural tobacco.

If I actually buy tobacco, which is rare, then Djarum Blacks - natural tobacco mixed with cloves. But I don't want to be a regular (tobacco) smoker so this is quite rare.

And of course, being gay, I've been known to smoke something else. :P :lol:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 5:08 pm

jk1 wrote:
I've said this a few times before, but I'll say it again here. There's absolutely nothing good about smoking.

It's very damaging to health.
It's a waste of money.
It stinks.
Smokers look trashy.
Smokers are very unattractive.

Just my opinions.

What about the social aspect of it? The "peace pipe" sort of meetings & conversations over a shared smoke?

Natural tobacco, once in a while vs. 24/7, isn't really so terrible for you.

Cigarettes, on the other hand, are pretty nasty stuff that are very damaging to health.

Same applies to whether it's a waste of money or not.. buying some cigars to smoke in celebration of a newborn baby isnt a waste of money, but smoking a pack or two a day of cigarettes is a horrendous waste of funds.

Some tobacco smells alright, but most stinks - especially commercially produced cigarettes. Yuck.

Some smokers look trashy.. and I agree, regular smokers tend to look aged beyond their years w/ "dead" looking skin and hair. Unattractive.

Comets
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Apr 2015, 7:15 pm

I don't smoke and I very rarely drink. It's one of my few truly good habits.