Do you smoke?
yes 24%  24%  [ 16 ]
no 76%  76%  [ 52 ]
Total votes : 68

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jan 2015, 12:08 pm

Do you smoke? If so, what do you smoke? How much? How often?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 3:38 pm

No, I do not smoke, although I've met a few people who want to quit smoking but don't know how to begin.

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jan 2015, 5:45 pm

I quit smoking in the fall of 2008 and started back up last summer. I only smoke two or three a day, but I'm psychologically hooked. Wish I hadn't given in.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 7:26 pm

I used to smoke from age 18 to 20, but I eventually quit. I never seemed to draw a proper addiction to nicotine; I really only smoked when I wanted, anywhere from zero a day to one or two a day to a pack a day. I had a smoker friend say to me once that while he got nicotine cravings every couple hours or so, I was the only guy he knew who got one every couple months.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 8:53 pm

I've never been an orally-fixated butt-sucker of any kind.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 5:21 am

NOPE.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 4:16 pm

I don't smoke, and never will intend to, either.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 4:24 pm

Yeah, though there was a concert I could not miss out on so used the rest of my months cigarette budget for that. I have a Markten e-cig though that I got for free in the mail after they sent me some free nicotine cartridges, and some coupons for more.

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jan 2015, 4:32 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Yeah, though there was a concert I could not miss out on so used the rest of my months cigarette budget for that. I have a Markten e-cig though that I got for free in the mail after they sent me some free nicotine cartridges, and some coupons for more.

I've never tried an e-cig. How do they compare to real ones?

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 5:16 pm

I had a puff when I was 16, but I never started smoking. Why spend money to keep doing that?

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jan 2015, 5:22 pm

downbutnotout wrote:
I had a puff when I was 16, but I never started smoking. Why spend money to keep doing that?

It's a habbit. A bad one. I get enjoyment from it, otherwise I wouldn't keep it up.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 5:33 pm

A bit. Vastly more cannabis than tobacco however. Bummed a spirit rollie from my friend 2 days ago for the fist time in a year or 2. I have to be bored out of my mind or among hookahphile friends before I'll touch tobacco with a 10 foot pole.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jan 2015, 6:21 pm

cberg wrote:
A bit. Vastly more cannabis than tobacco however. Bummed a spirit rollie from my friend 2 days ago for the fist time in a year or 2. I have to be bored out of my mind or among hookahphile friends before I'll touch tobacco with a 10 foot pole.

I'd probably try cannabis again if it were legal in my state. The fact that it's illegal makes me too paranoid to have fun. It didn't bother me when I was a teen, though. Smoked a lot of it then. I felt invincible at that age. Plus, I don't have friends who smoke it anymore. Smoking it illegally by myself led to some crazy paranoia. I haven't smoked it since the spring of 2004.

I smoke American Spirit Menthol. I'm on a tight budget, so I puff lightly. I smoke them in four parts. Of course, the last bit is pretty toxic.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 10:06 pm

noodler wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I've never tried an e-cig. How do they compare to real ones?

Not very well honestly, at least not any I've tried...I I don't think it works out so well when they try to imitate the flavor of a real cigarette, but I rarely find any that are varying flavors and usually those aren't all that good quality. They suffice though.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 10:09 pm

noodler wrote:
cberg wrote:

I'd probably try cannabis again if it were legal in my state. The fact that it's illegal makes me too paranoid to have fun. It didn't bother me when I was a teen, though. Smoked a lot of it then. I felt invincible at that age. Plus, I don't have friends who smoke it anymore. Smoking it illegally by myself led to some crazy paranoia. I haven't smoked it since the spring of 2004.

I smoke American Spirit Menthol. I'm on a tight budget, so I puff lightly. I smoke them in four parts. Of course, the last bit is pretty toxic.

I usually smoke the American Spirits in the black box or the dark blue with red stripe or turquoise colored pack....of course those are not the cheapest but I usually only smoke half of one in one sitting which works since they are long lasting.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 10:12 pm

Mechanical "mod" ecigs are by far the safest alternative but they require significant electronics knowledge to maintain, they're amusing and all, I just never felt the need for that much of any stimulant. Espresso does a lot more for me, caffeine is an alkaloid too...

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: