My Tinder Regional Experiment - 6 countries, 6 days.

Page 9 of 11 [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 2:15 pm

For some tips on the Philippines, I recommend the Filipina Pea's channel

https://www.youtube.com/@TheFilipinaPea

Also, Reekay Velez's channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Lifebeyondthesea

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 2:18 pm

SE Asian women in general tend to be short which is why some shorter men may be more compatible with them. An estimated 95% of women won't consider dating a man that is shorter than they are so by dating asian or hispanic women, you're more likely to meet women who are okay with your height as a short man.

One barrier to looking for women in South America is that they're mostly Spanish speaking so if you don't speak Spanish and don't have the time or motivation to learn the language, that can be a big barrier.

In addition, many asian countries such Japan and South Korea don't have many people who speak English so that is also another barrier to meeting women.

That leaves English speaking only men with just a few options.

1. Singapore. The majority of women there speak English and there arne't too many barriers to visiting each other in person. Singaporeans can travel to the USA freely without a VISA which is very important if you and your partner in the future decide to live together someday.

2. The Philippines By far the EASIEST country in the world to meet women if you're white. They're short, speak fluent English, many of them are Christian, and are very open to dating foreign men. The downside is that it's a third world country and they're also restricted to visiting the USA or any European country without a VISA which is very hard to get if you live in this country.

3. Malaysia I don't know anything about Malaysia other than the fact that a good percentage of their population speaks English.

4. Indonesia A lot of their population does speak English but not to the extent that filipinos do. They also have a mixture of Christians and Muslims in their country so if you're a Muslim man that's looking for an asian woman, this is likely the country for you to look.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 4:17 pm

I remember, some years ago, seeing some TV show or video about men going to Ukraine to find wives. I wonder how that trade is going, now.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 5:27 pm

Quote:
Genetically you look like a semi-white passoid, you look to be possibly Middle eastern but in a Bond movie you'd be viewed as "basically one of the whiteoids" or "rich greek guy on a yacht" type vibes

What’s passoid btw?

And I am Boo, James Boo.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 6:02 pm

1986 wrote:
I'd love to be a rich Greek guy on a yacht.

You can be anything/k you want. :heart: :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 6:08 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
And apparently, men who want to marry overseas are predators, according to some women on YouTube. :x

At times it would be a social barter system where women provide the nurturing and men supply the financial security to enable them to have a better life.

No doubt there would be "Predators" in the mix, but it is not a binary situation.
To think so is very simplistic.

And as my grandpappy skunk used to say:
"Life is simple...
For simple ppl..." 8)

Last edited by Cornflake on 25 Mar 2023, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.: Removed an offensive comment

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 6:11 pm

Honey69 wrote:

China, South Korea, India and Vietnam went in for gender-selective abortion a generation ago. The surviving women of this generation are certainly going to be picky. They have a lot of men from which to choose.

Simple "supply and demand". 8)
The reality of life isn't usually pretty.
But what can you do? :shrug:

Quote:
Whatever you do or don't do, someone is always going to disapprove.

True dat. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 6:20 pm

JimJohn wrote:
Muse933277 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ I ‘ve got a lot of matches in Thailand and Indonesia, problem is they don’t speak english as well as the Philippines.

Have you tried Morocco?

I should try that.

But I'm actually seriously considering going to The Philippines to find a girlfriend. Plus I find asian women attractive in general.

I believe the Phillipines is a poorer country on a whole than Thailand. That is probably part of the equation as well as the language part.

As a whole I find Phillippine women more attractive than Thai women. I know these are just random personal observations and preferences.

Phillipine women can be mixed with Spanish and have more curves. It is a little more complicated than that but the explanation points in the right direction.

I think it interesting and somewhat relevant to the topic that White American men often have different tastes in Asian women than native Asian men. Supposedly we like them smaller sized with darker skin.

I also seem to find Vietnamese women more attractive than Thai women. It is too bad though because Thailand has easy and good tourism. I do like Thai women well enough though … don’t get me wrong. Thai women are just too tall and skinny and the opposite of western in the face.

I know I have many observations that are probably incorrect. I am slightly proud of myself for actually learning some rudimentary differences even if they are ill conceived. I have come a long way.

I think I like Latin women as much as white women. So if sexual preference is any indication skin color does not matter to me. I guess that is satire alluding to the fact that sexual preference is probably not the best indicator. Latin is synonymous with sexy so that has something to do with it.

My impression of South Koreans is that they are really tall and that is only from looking at crew members of Korean Airlines and a stop over in Seoul which has a really nice expensive airport. I am kinda reveling in the fact that this observation is I’ll conceived.

Japan is 100% a first world country. They are generally whiter and more affluent than I am. I am not sure they would allow me into their country because I am not worthy. They have good steakhouses in the U.S.A.

I can't believe this thread hasn't been locked, not because I have a problem with it, which I don't, but because these sorts of discussions are considered politically incorrect by some.

"Interesting." 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 6:22 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Lecia_Wynter wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
We lack....a lot of genes. 8O

Btw, the male chromosone is degenerating over time.

Quote:
But I'm actually seriously considering going to The Philippines to find a girlfriend. Plus I find asian women attractive in general.

I heard the cops there are worse than the US and just go around randomly murdering people who do drugs. Not sure what drugs or if pot counts as a drug.

Quote:
I'll address that. Normal looking guys with average parents have their best opportunity to snag a normal looking girl with average parents in highschool. After highschool there's a smaller number who snag a comparable woman in college.

Once you are in the workforce then the "comparable" looking women who are still single dwindles (supply.demand)
If you are still living with mum.dad and struggling to find work you may as well give up and focus on working on yourself

This is mostly correct although I have heard stories of homeless males with low income who still manage to get heterosexual relationships. And what you said earlier about teens is also correct, teenage males tend to look like handsome anime characters and as they grow older their face starts to deform into a more ogre looking appearance and dating becomes much harder.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Humans aren't that diversiefied across the globe, we all share the same 99.9% DNA,
99% DNA arguments are not an argument. We share a lot of DNA with apes but that doesn't mean humans are exactly the same as apes, there are just a lot of similarities.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
How comes me, the same specimen, is "genetically attractive" (lots of matches) to most women (ON TINDER) in Morocco, Tunisia, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia but yet extremely unattractive (using the exact same pictures + bio) to most women in white-dominated European countries (ON TINDER) (almost zero matches)?

Socioeconomic reasons me thinks. Someone told me Thai girls are interested in marriage with Westerners for a financial boost. That doesn't explain all of their behavoir though, white men have an easier time finding dates in Asian locations than black men with the same income, so I think they are actually attracted to white genetics more. So the answer is both genetics and finance. Genetically you look like a semi-white passoid, you look to be possibly Middle eastern but in a Bond movie you'd be viewed as "basically one of the whiteoids" or "rich greek guy on a yacht" type vibes.

Quote:
How do we fix this?

We can’t, we will either in some millions years go extinct or evolution may “find its way” - some lizard species are all-females for isntance.

Mmmmm.
Lizard womyn with boobies. :heart:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 6:27 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
SE Asian women in general tend to be short which is why some shorter men may be more compatible with them. .

I've lived in both Malaysia and Singapore for extended periods of time and travelled extensively through Indonesia and Philippines.

Women in Indonesia and Philippines are indeed much shorter due to the high proportion of indigenous local people in both countries. but that's not the case in Singapore and Malaysia. The population in Malaysia and Singapore have had high standards of living now since the 1980s. Secondly they are made up of predominately mainland Chinese and Indians > indigenous folk,

The Indian women I dated in Malaysia were all same average height as women in Australia (around 5foot6-5foot8).

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 6:33 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
Genetically you look like a semi-white passoid, you look to be possibly Middle eastern but in a Bond movie you'd be viewed as "basically one of the whiteoids" or "rich greek guy on a yacht" type vibes

What’s passoid btw?

And I am Boo, James Boo.

At a guess, it means someone who can pass as white(ish). :mrgreen:

Being on WP is very educational.
I have picked up so many new concepts and expressions here. 8)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 6:52 pm

Pepe wrote:
At a guess, it means someone who can pass as white(ish). :mrgreen:

Off topic but among Malaysian Indians, a person who can pass as "caucasian" is called "wheatish" meaning the colour of wheat.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 6:57 pm

Pepe wrote:
I can't believe this thread hasn't been locked, not because I have a problem with it, which I don't, but because these sorts of discussions are considered politically incorrect by some.

Believe me, if you posted this sort of stuff on some dating subreddits, you'd get downvoted to oblivion and even banned.

r/dating_advice tends to be fairly mainstream and will mostly attract normie folk who have dating on easy or medium level difficulty.

That's what I like about this sub. You can talk about many different things and not run the risk of being banned.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 7:00 pm

A lot of hispanic people tend to be shorter as well. I frequently play pickup soccer and many of the hispanic adults are around 5 ft 6.

Shorter men might do better in South America because there are more short women in these countries, therefore you're less likely to be rejected for being short.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 7:20 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
A lot of hispanic people tend to be shorter as well. I frequently play pickup soccer and many of the hispanic adults are around 5 ft 6.

Shorter men might do better in South America because there are more short women in these countries, therefore you're less likely to be rejected for being short.

Indigenous people in South America, Mexico and South East Asia tend to be smaller. Part of the reason may be their diet or because these populations live in jungles. In Africa people also the oldest populations (pygmies and bushmen) also are very short.

Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 8:51 pm

Quote:
Japan is 100% a first world country. They are generally whiter and more affluent than I am. I am not sure they would allow me into their country because I am not worthy. They have good steakhouses in the U.S.A.

My wife actually married "down" financially because as an architect in Tokyo I earn far less than the average Japanese man. Doesn't mean women here aren't obsessed with money (many are).

Teppanyaki is very tasty.

Quote:
In addition, many asian countries such Japan and South Korea don't have many people who speak English so that is also another barrier to meeting women.

True. That's why you usually need to learn the language if you want things to work long-time. I know a Japanese woman who dated a Spanish guy on the condition that he learned Japanese. After 6 months he threw a tantrum about how Japanese was too difficult and demanded his girlfriend should learn English instead. They broke up soon after.

Pepe wrote:
1986 wrote:
I'd love to be a rich Greek guy on a yacht.

You can be anything/k you want. :heart: :mrgreen:

I've tried to be a local for 7 years now but so far I'd probably just win the prize of "worst weeaboo in the world". :D