Cops using pictures of actual people for target practice?

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,417
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

28 Jan 2015, 12:16 pm

Humanaut wrote:
A significant number? Nonsense.


Tell that to Otto Zehm, a schizophrenic man who had been beaten to death by a Spokane police officer, who then was given a standing salute by his fellow officers upon being convicted of murder. That convicted cop, and his dickish coworkers certainly fit the bill.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,985
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

28 Jan 2015, 1:02 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I'm pretty certain Obama still would have handily beaten Romney, even without Florida.

I was thinking more about the next go-around which is coming up next november....

Quote:
And if Bugs could saw off Florida, I'm willing to bet he could manage the same thing with Texas. :lol:

There would be a lot more sawing to do for Texas.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,417
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

28 Jan 2015, 1:40 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I'm pretty certain Obama still would have handily beaten Romney, even without Florida.

I was thinking more about the next go-around which is coming up next november....

Quote:
And if Bugs could saw off Florida, I'm willing to bet he could manage the same thing with Texas. :lol:

There would be a lot more sawing to do for Texas.


Nothing good comes easy.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,390
Location: Norway

28 Jan 2015, 2:42 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
A significant number? Nonsense.
Tell that to Otto Zehm, a schizophrenic man who had been beaten to death by a Spokane police officer, who then was given a standing salute by his fellow officers upon being convicted of murder. That convicted cop, and his dickish coworkers certainly fit the bill.

That's one example. Hardly a significant number.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,417
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

28 Jan 2015, 3:25 pm

Humanaut wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
A significant number? Nonsense.
Tell that to Otto Zehm, a schizophrenic man who had been beaten to death by a Spokane police officer, who then was given a standing salute by his fellow officers upon being convicted of murder. That convicted cop, and his dickish coworkers certainly fit the bill.

That's one example. Hardly a significant number.


A Native American man named Shanto Pete, also in Spokane, had been followed by an off duty police officer in his pickup after a drunken argument, who then got out of his vehicle and shot Mr. Pete in the back of the head. Incredibly enough, Mr. Pete not only survived, but had been able to get back to his feet and flee to a nearby residence where he pounded on the door, till the elderly couple inside let him in. The off duty officer, instead of reporting the shooting as the elderly couple had to the police, called his union rep. The officer's excuse had been that Pete had stolen his truck, but that he had followed for miles on foot before catching up with him - needless to say, a jury acquitted Pete. But another jury for some insane reason had also found the off duty officer not guilty as well. Now, Shanto Pete lives in fear of ever having to call the police for fear of retribution.
Individual cases like this, and the murder of Otto Zehm, accumulate till you can't say that they are just isolated incidents anymore.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,390
Location: Norway

28 Jan 2015, 3:37 pm

The jury found the officer not guilty. Not a valid example.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,417
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

28 Jan 2015, 6:23 pm

Humanaut wrote:
The jury found the officer not guilty. Not a valid example.


And yet Shanto Pete was found not guilty on the charge of stealing the guy's truck. That, and by his own admission, the officer had shot him in the head. Just because the court found the cop not guilty doesn't mean he's innocent.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,390
Location: Norway

29 Jan 2015, 7:13 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Shanto Pete was found not guilty on the charge of stealing the guy's truck.
Quote:
Just because the court found the cop not guilty doesn't mean he's innocent.

Innocent until proven guilty goes both ways, but I don't know to what extent the latter hinges on the former. I have to admit that it sounds a bit counterintuitive to acquit the officer, but I don't have all the facts.