Being born a human means feeling miserable about existing?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 5:48 pm

Narrator wrote:
Humans love drama.
Drama sells news.
Happy news is rarely dramatic enough.

At a deeper level, we have always searched for meaning in events - personal meaning and wider meaning.
If our diet of information is all bad news, then 'meaning' takes on a bad slant.
Circumstances, and our ability/inability to rise above, greatly influences personal events.

YES.. generally speaking.. the GLASS half FULL.. is one GREAT religion to adhere too..:)

It works for me better than ever.. as now my chalice continues to overflow.. even on others.. at least in real life STUFF FOR now..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2015, 6:22 pm

I have it on good authority that I was born a human, and nearly all the time I feel quite joyful about life.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission – which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 8:21 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
slenkar wrote:
you seem to be a cool guy who posts interesting topics, always looking for truth.

What news stories are you referring to?

Do you mean violence or suicide stories?

I am not a guy unless you are using a general form of address as in, "hey you guys." Thanks for the compliment though. I do not think like most women, so I have been told, so I can see why you would think that.

I notice as of late, the media is in hyperdrive when it comes to complaining, doomsday, financial collapse, violence. Just watch Fox sometimes, you will see nothing but complaining and blaming others.

Seriously. Settle down and enjoy life. It really isn't that bad.

oh yeah I thought you were a guy, I misread your username as oooahoooo :D
The media has always been like that, I try to ignore it as much as possible,
I try to avoid TV as much as possible too.
I hear people complaining about the adverts (which I can understand) but they dont want to simply turn off the TV