Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Reidy1987
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2015, 4:46 am

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I'm 62 years old and moved to Spain from Scotland just about a year ago. I haven't been officially diagnosed but at my wife's insistence I did some research and did some quizzes and I'm pretty certain I have Aspergers and have had it probably most of my life.

I'm still reading through various threads to try and decide what the best way forward is.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 7:30 am

Welcome! That's a funny move or are you retired ?

Reidy1987
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2015, 8:33 am

traven wrote:
Welcome! That's a funny move or are you retired ?

Yes, I took early retirement at the end of 2013 and moved here approximately a year ago. My main task at the moment is to find out what (if any) support or treatment I can get out here!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 9:38 am

How have you adjusted to the climate in Spain? It's much sunnier than Scotland, and can get much hotter.

I'm sure you're glad you've got more sunshine.

Welcome to the Forum

Reidy1987
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2015, 10:22 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
How have you adjusted to the climate in Spain? It's much sunnier than Scotland, and can get much hotter.

I'm sure you're glad you've got more sunshine.

Welcome to the Forum

Hi, yes I'm getting used to the heat, certainly warmer than Scotland, although at this time of year it can get quite cold when the sun goes down.. One thing I still have issues with is the noise level in many places, everyone here seems to talk very loudly at the same time. I'm hoping I will eventually get used to that as well.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 10:30 am

Spanish culture is very demonstrative; Scottish culture not so much.

It seems as if people in more southerly latitudes tend to be more "sociable," in general, than people in relative northerly latitudes.

A Spanish person will give his/her shirt of his/her back--but you better believe they want to know your business! LOL

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 1:41 pm

Hey Reidy1987 welcome. :sunny: