Gee, thanks a lot anti-vaxxers for the mess!

Page 7 of 7 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 12:47 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^
There are certain past and present WP members who'd probably consign all liberal Democrats to the hippie fringe. :lol:

And there are certain past and present WP members who'd probably consign all conservative republicans to the greedy big businessman and 19th century plantation overseer fringe.

You forgot religious fanatics. :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 12:50 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Yes, it always has to be about my kid. When you have one, you'll understand.

How do you know I don't have one or two, because I don't use them for justification for how the world should be run?

Quote:
And I've survived the flu. But not everyone has.

Very few don't survive it.

Quote:
A popular hot dog vendor in downtown Spokane just recently had contracted the flu, and died. He had been a young man in good health, and well liked enough that his death made the front page of the paper. So yes, plenty of people who shouldn't die of the flu do.

Oh, this?http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/jan/22/hot-dog-stand-owner-dies-from-flu/

s**t happens. He could have just as easily choked to death on one of his own hot dogs, too. Few ever do but, hey, some do so let's pass some kinda law mandating the number of times people are required to chew food as not to choke on it. I have to drive to work 25 miles away in heavy freeway traffic every afternoon with the risk of my own fatality but I don't dwell on it. s**t happens.

Well, do you have a child?

You should be afraid to ask.....

I'm a liberal on the red side of my state - - I fear nothing.

Hmmm......
A year or two ago you said that Washington was true blue all the way through.
Waking up to the reality of what is must really sting. :P

That was perhaps an overstatement. Rather, the majority of people in Washington - the west side, and the Spokane area - are blue, with the open, largely uninhabited eastern regions of the state practically belonging to Idaho, making them red, Red, RED!

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 1:36 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Hmmm......

That was perhaps an overstatement. Rather, the majority of people in Washington - the west side, and the Spokane area - are blue, with the open, largely uninhabited eastern regions of the state practically belonging to Idaho, making them red, Red, RED!

I'm not even going to go look it up again but last time we had this conversation your county was RED. If it's RED that means the most densely populated city in that county is RED otherwise there'd be nothing to make the county RED. Put 2 and 2 together.
Make peace with it there or move over to King or Snohomish County and be amongst your own.
That's about all I have to say about this derailed part of the thread.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 1:44 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Hmmm......

I'm not even going to go look it up again but last time we had this conversation your county was RED. If it's RED that means the most densely populated city in that county is RED otherwise there'd be nothing to make the county RED. Put 2 and 2 together.
Make peace with it there or move over to King or Snohomish County and be amongst your own.

That's Spokane county. But the city of Spokane, and surrounding townships like Spokane Valley, Newport, Mead, etc tend to be on the blue side. Maybe not to the extent of the Seattle area, but in comparison to the rest of the county, and the east side of Washington, we've been accused of being pretty liberal. We produced Tom Foley, after all.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 12:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Hmmm......

That's Spokane county. But the city of Spokane, and surrounding townships like Spokane Valley, Newport, Mead, etc tend to be on the blue side. Maybe not to the extent of the Seattle area, but in comparison to the rest of the county, and the east side of Washington, we've been accused of being pretty liberal. We produced Tom Foley, after all.

This isn't rocket science.
It's going to be driven by the most densely populated areas of a county (or state) no matter where it is.
"It's those people out in the county doing it, not us good liberal city and suburban dwellers" don't cut it when the bulk of a county's population lie in and around it's biggest city.

Deal with the reality of it or do like i said and move to the Seattle area where there is no question about it. Or better yet go down to Frisco. You'll never have to worry about having that dreadful Raptor for a neighbor in Frisco.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 5:26 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Hmmm......

This isn't rocket science.
It's going to be driven by the most densely populated areas of a county (or state) no matter where it is.
"It's those people out in the county doing it, not us good liberal city and suburban dwellers" don't cut it when the bulk of a county's population lie in and around it's biggest city.

Deal with the reality of it or do like i said and move to the Seattle area where there is no question about it. Or better yet go down to Frisco. You'll never have to worry about having that dreadful Raptor for a neighbor in Frisco.

Oh, I'd still have to deal with "that dreadful Raptor" here on WP. :lol:
And there are conservatives, then there are conservatives. Gay rights and freedom to smoke pot is what separates Spokane area conservatives from their country bumpkin kin. Plus, we Spokane area libs have a bare majority over the conservatives by maybe one or two points - thus making us the majority. :P