Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

rugulach
Toucan
Toucan

31 Jan 2015, 12:17 pm

^ I did that too. I always had a soft spot for the underdog so used to deliberately seek out the uncool and ostracized kids and spend time with them.

LeLetch
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jan 2015, 12:49 pm

I can think of two instances where i've actually bullied real life autistic people infront of others. Well... just read...

Here's how my angry rant started on the first one, for some perspective:

"You crazy <alot of swearing>! !! "Medusa having the same face as eve from the garden of eden and therefore we need to respect female strippers more or our secrect alien overlords will turn us into breathmints" isn't a theory! It's proof that you're <more yelled insults>! !!"

Here's how my second angry rant started. "I know it's technically legal because of romeo and juliet laws, but damnit, don't f*** that fourteen year old <alot of swearing>! !!"

russiank12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jan 2015, 9:07 pm

Only my sister and friends, but that's all fun and games.

I usually don't purposefully make fun of someone to their face, but I have gossiped and made fun of people behind their backs when I was a kid (middle school...). I never do it anymore. It's rude and cruel.

There was this one time though...I was on the bus and all of the cool kids were paying attention to me. I think I was in 6th grade. Someone took a book from a "loser" and was throwing it to the other kids. I was once this kid's friend (kind of). Anyways, it was then thrown to me. I caught it and I swear it was like in a movie where I looked at the kid and then to the next cool kid. I threw it to the cool kid. The "loser" almost cried and said, "What happened to you? I thought you were nice?" (exact words) and I said, "I never liked you anyways." (exact words).

I never forgot that instance and after that I would almost always sit with the "loser" kids that most others didn't want to sit next to and defend people that I see are bullied. It's definitely one of my most shameful stories.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 4:25 am

rugulach wrote:
ASDers getting bullied is commonplace but I want to look at it from the opposite angle. Have you bullied? If so, why? What was your motivation? Did you bully alone or as a part of a group? Was the bullying physical or emotional or both? Were your victims ASDers or NTs? Was your bullying effective in the short term and in the long term?

GREAT THREAD!
I had been thinking about doing this topic for months and didn't have the guts...lol.
Good for you for posting it.

There is no question that some ppl with ASD ARE the bully, because bullying happens on this site EVERY single day.

rugulach
Toucan
Toucan

02 Feb 2015, 8:21 am

I find the dynamics of online bullying fascinating. Anyone here have experience with that, either as a victim or a bully? A compare-contrast between online and offline bullying would be edifying.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 8:28 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I've never even THOUGHT about bullying anybody.

Me neither and without derailing this thread, that's why being bullied is SOOO hard to deal with. My therapist even said that my being bullied had NOTHING to do with me and they were projecting their anger from abusive parents onto me. This makes NO sense to me. I'm not going to find a random teenager and punch his lights out because I was bullied: that's beyond unconscionable. The ones who bullied me? Let's just say if I knew I had one week to live they would get to know me a lot better and not in a good way but that's not bullying that's just revenge.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 8:30 am

Twice: first time i was eleven, and the teacher told me to erase what's written on the board, and one girl didnt have time to write in her notebook what was written, so she asked me could i please wait a few minutes. but i was too eager to do what the teacher said, so i told her i'll erase it. she started crying, and i felt horrible. i didnt erase it. felt bad for a long time after this.

Another time, as a teen, another classmate annoyed me, and i dont even remember what it was she said, but i raised my hand as if to hit her. she said she wouldnt believe this of me, that i would act like this. i felt ashamed afterward.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 9:24 am

Just my cats. I love teasing them. But they do the same to me so we are even. I call it "aggressive play". Sometimes they start it themselves and they still seem to love me (right now one of them is sleeping on my knees) so I guess they don't mind it. :lol:

And my cousin when he was little. He loved kicking me so I learned to catch his leg and make him fall. Then I was laughing and saying "See? That's what you get when you pick a fight with older kids". But I don't think he minded it either. He was still trying to kick me as soon as he got up.

However there was a girl in my high school class that thought I am her number one bully although I was actually the one who tried to help her because I used to be in the same situation before. She was bullied by many people in our class (although the bullying was nowhere close to the bullying I experienced myself in middle school) so afterwards I was explaining what she is doing wrong (overreacting, making faux pases without knowing it) and how she is supposed to act to make them stop (ignore, stay calm, stop doing improper things). She ended up hating me. Probably because I was saying it all out loud, unaware that it's also improper to point out her mistakes while her bullies can hear it... I was an idiot. :oops:

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 11:22 am

People have told me I have a dark and off beat sense of humor. A lot of things I say can either sound weird or offensive to people when i'm not really trying to be offensive. I am a big joker and many of the things I say are either exaggerated or I don't mean.

Like I once made a joke that your chances of getting laid in high school is 65% but for those with Asperger Syndrome its 0.00000001% I'm sure some people would find that offensive. I'm just making a joke out of how many people with Aspergers have struggles dating wise. The real statistic really isnt 0.0000001%, i'm just exaggerating the truth as a joke.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 2:38 pm

I was bullied from day one at school and I promised myself, that I would never do that to anyone.Yet one day in third grade I saw a bullying choir in front of a girl, who stood there alone, crying. I joined in just to see, what it was like. I noted the rush of being one of the mob and stepped away. I felt terrible and wanted to apologize to her, but I couldn´t find the courage.

Well, you live and learn.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 3:47 am

I did kooky things in my school when I was in elementary school or even in "gimnazjum" (three-year school in Poland which is after elementary school). After gimnazjum I became quite religious and did not make such things. I bullied one girl firstly because I was "in love" with her. I might want to hug her when I was about 6 - 8 years. I "wanted" to have a girlfriend. It was idiotic and nutty behavior.

After three years in my school she stopped to attend to my school and I found other girl in my class which I bullied, I think that bullying of her was longer and maybe even more unpleasant to her. I was a nut and potty "admirer" again. Sometimes I could hit her or tear her hair. I wanted to have a "girl", it may be hard to describe. It was sick and abnormal, "psychopathic". Why I wanted to have the female partner when I was just about 6 years old? I read that some children with AS may hug to others (such as a little boy to girls) and be interested in one person with the class. It was stupid, I regret it. It is bad that I did such evil things :(

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 4:25 pm

nca14 wrote:
in "gimnazjum" (three-year school in Poland which is after elementary school)

I call it middle school. Since it is a school between elementary and high school.

It sounds confusing for Polish speaking people because we usually call high school using the name: "szkoła średnia" which translates literally to "middle school" and the name "szkoła wyższa" (literaly: "higher school") is restricted to university or college. But in English middle school is a school between elementary and "high school" so gimnazjum fits there perfectly (its a school between "podstawówka"-English "elementary school" and "liceum/technikum/szkoła średnia"-English "high school").