Page 4 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Aug 2010, 1:12 pm

I personally like this idea. I have been working on a large HO scale model train layout in my basement. It has a Main Street, a Victorian village, a large amusement park, etc. It basically has a lot of my special interests in it (roller coasters, house plans, theatre pipe organs, etc.) I have thought about this layout as if it were a real place---and it would be filled with many people on the spectrum---an autistic town.

So, in real life, I think an Asperger's country would be divided into a parcels of land that were divided by certain interests. For example, there would be a section for astronomers where observatories would be abundant.

SuperMario
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Aug 2010, 2:27 pm

The Seasteading Institute, founded by the grandson of Milton Friedman (a well known economist), is actually studying the colonization of the oceans, for the purpose of creating new nations. It would be done with floating islands, etc. If a new nation were to be founded from scratch, I would say that this would be the best balance of feasibility, safety, and economic efficiency. Antarctica is too cold, and colonization would be controversial, taking land from other nations is suicidal, and outer space is just crazy.

PHISHA51
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Aug 2010, 5:02 pm

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
WHAT IF WE WERE TO START A COUNTRY THAT WOULD BE THE HOMELAND FOR ASPIES? IT COULD BE CALLED "ASPERGIA" OR "ASPERGISTAN". I TRULY THINK THAT THE ASPERGIAN GOVERNMENT WOULD BE MUCH MORE LOGICAL THAN ANY NT GOVERNMENT WOULD BE. WHAT ARE SOME IDEAS YOU WOULD HAVE FOR THE ASPERGER COUNTRY? (THIS IS ALL JUST FANTASY OBVIOUSLY)

We could make a $200 dollar bill with Alex's face on it. :lol:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 5:06 pm

My god, what a terrible idea.

Bags not having anything to do with this "country".

xemmaliex
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Aug 2010, 5:17 pm

Aspergistan... ahha brilliant.
I think we can let others in to visit with special passes, and if people try and get in by force, then we shall assemble our aspie army!
An apie country... lovely. there should be loads of centres where peopl can be assesed for aspergers and other disorders, too, so people can gain entry to live there.
heaven... :wink: