Where do you think you'll go when you die?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Where do you believe you'll go when you die?
Go to some form of afterlife. Heaven, Paradise etc... 25%  25%  [ 16 ]
Reincarnate and be born into a new life here on Earth. 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Nothing. When you die that's it. You lose consciousness and cease to exist. 34%  34%  [ 22 ]
Something different... 12%  12%  [ 8 ]
I do not know. 22%  22%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 65

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 10:37 am

When you're laying on your death bed and theres minutes before your death, what do you think will happen when you die? Do you believe you're going to heaven to reunite with former family members, or reincarnate to a new life here on Earth? Or do you believe in eternal oblivion, that when you die you cease to exist?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 10:40 am

Into a box, and then into the ground or a furnace.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Feb 2015, 1:51 pm

I'd like for my body to be burnt up or dissolved via alkaline hydrolysis, and scattered/poured into the immediately closest available patch of ground.

There is no evidence of a soul or other personal continuity after death, so I see no reason to put stock into vain, childish, and futile delusions of spiritual immortality.

rollermonkey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2015, 12:05 am

I don't know, but probably cease to exist.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 1:53 am

I don't believe in an afterlife, but if there is one, I'll probably end up in Purgatory for a while. :P

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 11:10 am

I really have no precise idea.

With my lack of religious beliefs, I am inclined (alas) to believe that we are just absorbed in the earth.

However....wouldn't it be something if there was some of kind of "heaven"--or even "purgatory" where one has to "work towards" going up to heaven?

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 4:16 pm

I often used to say that if there was a Hell, that's probably where I would end up, but thinking about it now, I'm really not THAT much of a heretic. :P Now, a good part of my family is Catholic, and even though I'm not practicing, I often wonder if maybe they're right, and if what they believe in is true. It certainly seems more plausible to me than the various Protestant faiths, though that may just be personal bias from being raised around it.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 2:38 pm

Not sure yet, but I believe in heaven and hell, though, and when my time comes (hopefully not for a long time), I'm more than willing to see what heaven is like. I don't know what hell looks like, and I really don't want to know

Pizzagal3000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Feb 2015, 3:24 pm

I would have been the first to choose the reincarnation one, but it failed to mention that we can be reborn anywhere, not just Earth.....like the fourth dimension or even a purely different universe.

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 12:38 am

I believe in some kind of heaven or afterlife after death, but it is difficult to know for sure.

Boo Radley
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 8:18 pm

I hope to go to a coin-operated arcade in the sky with Dragon's Lair (circa 1983), Donkey Kong, and Donkey Kong Junior. A fast version of Ms. Pac-Man will be there for the extra holy.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 1:40 pm

Asda (a supermarket). Most of the people I see in there look as if they've come straight from the set of Dawn Of The Dead.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 2:29 pm

DeepHour wrote:
Asda (a supermarket). Most of the people I see in there look as if they've come straight from the set of Dawn Of The Dead.

:lmao:

as for myself, anywhere they accept new cadavers, I'm honestly not picky...they can turn me into compost and spread over turnip fields as far as I'm concerned. :skull:

Lazershow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Mar 2015, 2:32 pm

I don't believe in god so i think i would cease to exist. If there is an afterlife though id probably be sent to hell for being a non believer.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 9:16 am

I don't see any reason to imagine that the mind and body are two different things, so naturally, when my body dies (i.e. brain death), my mind will cease to exist as well, and there will be no "I" to go anywhere, apart from my mortal remains, which will most likely be burned.

It would be nice to think that there is some kind of "immortal soul" that jumps out of its meat suit at the point of death, but given the biological and neurological mechanisms we now know about for so many mental phenomena, I can't see there'd be much left that this "soul" could do or be. Oh well, going out like a candle flame is probably better than the alternative that the ancients believed. I'd be scared stiff of going to hell for choosing the wrong religion, failing to stick to the rules properly, failing to repress atheistic thoughts.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2015, 1:53 am

I believe that I will go to a land of cute animals.