So I posted in the infamous AS partners forum for NT's...

Page 33 of 35 [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 10:17 pm

Do you all know what? There's no reasoning with these women. I tried to have an open mind with them. They're bigots, they're hate mongers, and they're garbage. They can rot in hell. f**k them.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 3:34 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Do you all know what? There's no reasoning with these women. I tried to have an open mind with them. They're bigots, they're hate mongers, and they're garbage. They can rot in hell. f**k them.

Did something happen Cube? You said that you were in contact with some of them via PM.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 8:35 am

Jono wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

Did something happen Cube? You said that you were in contact with some of them via PM.

I'm just sick of their nonsense. She asked me not to put our PMs here and I'm going to honor that promise.

Even they acknowledge that they don't even know what their husbands have yet they keep bashing aspies as a whole when they don't know what the husbands have. Yet, at the same time they keep saying their husbands have aspergers. So, go figure. It's crazy making.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 10:24 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Jono wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

I'm just sick of their nonsense. She asked me not to put our PMs here and I'm going to honor that promise.

Even they acknowledge that they don't even know what their husbands have yet they keep bashing aspies as a whole when they don't know what the husbands have. Yet, at the same time they keep saying their husbands have aspergers. So, go figure. It's crazy making.

I don't understand it either. I told you earlier in the thread that I'd send you a PM about my interactions with bstn while she was still on WP. I haven't done that so, I'll take this to PM.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 7:43 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/aspartners/messages/13528/1

Check out what NotAlone said.

Oh wonderful. Bstn has either edited or deleted all of NotAlone's positive posts. Isn't it wonderful how nobody is allowed to post anything accurate about aspies in general that are even corroborated by experts but nasty pieces of work like her are allowed to post about negative, inaccurate things about AS in general, like how they're the same as sociopaths, how they're likely to go on shooting sprees and how AS is in general connected with violence with no evidence whatsoever?

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 8:03 am

I really don't think it is a positive thing to expose yourself to the toxic, distorted views of those people.

There is no reasoning with that kind of bigotry, and nothing positive to be gained by interacting with them. There are plenty of people in the world who don't hold those hateful views and you would be better off putting your energy into communicating with them.

A year or so I went over there after a post by cubedemon and within 20 minutes had found calls for concentration camps for autistic people on remote islands so that normal humans would not be harmed by exposure to "aspi" and a call for genetic screening for autism so people could abort their autistic fetuses and cleanse humanity of the autistic root of all evil. Not everyone there holds those extreme views but they sure tolerate them and "support" the hateful people who do. They blame us for causing the hate.

Don't go there and don't waste tour time trying to learn from them. It's like a dark skinned person going to Stormfront to try to engage in meaningful communication with white supremacists because "maybe we can have useful dialog."

Davvo7
Toucan
Toucan

05 Mar 2015, 8:38 am

By clicking the links, all you are doing is adding traffic to their loathsome little 'hatefest'. There are none so blind....etc. Please don't give them the publicity they desire.

I responded to the troll when she came on here, but in all honesty, wish I hadn't. Does anybody actually care what a few clearly damaged (but totally blameless :roll: ) extremists think? No, I thought not.

Ever onwards!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 8:44 am

LOL....I second, third, fourth, fifth, etc that, Davvo!! !! !! !!

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 9:17 am

Davvo7 wrote:
Ever onwards!

Yes!

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 4:43 pm

Hey, I am really tired of seeing people tell others what to do here. If anyone wants to visit that site, talk to them privately, whatever, that's their choice to do so. People do things for their own reasons, so telling someone they are wasting their time is really rude.

I think it's good to respond to what they write, because people who stumble on to that site may be upset or confused by what they read there. They might google for more information, and they might find this site instead.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 2:04 am

dianthus wrote:
Hey, I am really tired of seeing people tell others what to do here. If anyone wants to visit that site, talk to them privately, whatever, that's their choice to do so. People do things for their own reasons, so telling someone they are wasting their time is really rude.

I think it's good to respond to what they write, because people who stumble on to that site may be upset or confused by what they read there. They might google for more information, and they might find this site instead.

Hmmm. It's hard not to read this as a passive aggressive attack on my post. Sorry I offended you.
I did not mean to tell people they were wasting their time, but rather that argument with the people at that site seems futile and unproductive.

I don't think anyone is going to be confused by what's going on there, and I think people who don't like scapegoating and hatemongering will flee that place and find other sources of information, including this one.

Mainly I just wanted to say that reading that stuff upsets me and I don't see that it does any good, so I choose not to go there again. I don't in any way wish to control what anyone else does about it, but from what I have seen, exposure to that thinking has not been positive for other people either.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 3:00 am

Mmmm I thought that post was directed at everyone who was wasting their time with that place and moaning about it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 9:58 am

Adamantium wrote:
Hmmm. It's hard not to read this as a passive aggressive attack on my post.

My post wasn't directed at you in particular. Several people have commented throughout this thread that others are wasting their time, shouldn't be going over there, etc. I don't remember the details of who said what.

This isn't the first time you've taken one of my posts personally. I suggest that you take my posts for what they say and stop trying to read something more into it. If I have something to say to YOU, I will absolutely respond to you directly, like I'm doing now.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 10:48 am

dianthus wrote:
Adamantium wrote:
Hmmm. It's hard not to read this as a passive aggressive attack on my post.

My post wasn't directed at you in particular. Several people have commented throughout this thread that others are wasting their time, shouldn't be going over there, etc. I don't remember the details of who said what.

This isn't the first time you've taken one of my posts personally. I suggest that you take my posts for what they say and stop trying to read something more into it. If I have something to say to YOU, I will absolutely respond to you directly, like I'm doing now.

OK. It was the coincidence of my writing "Don't go there and don't waste tour time trying to learn from them. " and your saying "so telling someone they are wasting their time is really rude." that made me suspect your comments were directed at me.

I don't think that is particularly active reading in. One of the problems of language is that it always requires interpretation and is usually not a complete expression of the thought in the speaker's mind, so this stuff comes up.

For example when I wrote "Don't go there and don't waste tour time trying to learn from them." I did not imagine that I was somehow in a position to command anyone's behavior, but was more trying to express that is how I feel about efforts to engage those people.

Davvo7
Toucan
Toucan

06 Mar 2015, 2:59 pm

I stand by my comments 100% and am not especially bothered if you were offended by them. It's childish to go onto a site that has such an anti ASC stance and then get upset by reading posts that are, shock horror, anti ASC.

Either way, I'm done with this thread it's a waste of time and energy.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 3:21 pm

When people tell someone not to something, it is usually given as a suggestion unless they have some particular command or power over the other person, which is usually not the case for someone posting a suggestions on an online forum.

I don't find it rude, as others who don't like the suggestion can easily ignore it and go to AS partners and spend their time there trying to do anything they want to do.