To anyone who is surprised about the measles outbreak

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

04 Feb 2015, 5:40 pm

Welcome to what I knew was going to happen seven years ago...

...that I shouted tearfully was going to happen...

...that I begged you to understand would happen...

...that I poured my heart and soul into trying to get you to understand...

Anti-Vaccine Body Count

...these diseases are deadly. We vaccinate against them for a reason. They are horrible diseases. They actually kill people...in the thousands.

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Feb 2015, 6:28 pm

I think it is not due to the anti vaccine movement, however, I think it is due to the lack of family doctors and medical support is the reason. As most people could easily forget about the boosters and without a family doctor it could be easily missed unless someone keeps a detail medical records.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 6:46 pm

GlobalResearch.ca wrote:
...The vaccine establishment is desperate. The ghosts of their fraudulent science, manipulated research, misleading propaganda across mainstream media and in the blogosphere are returning to haunt them. The pro-vaccine pundits are rapidly losing credibility as increasing numbers of parents and young adults educate themselves about vaccine efficacy and their health risks. If it were left for an open scientific debate between pro-vaccinators and those opposing vaccines, the former would not have sound science on their side.

It is time for a national debate to end vaccine madness. As further research emerges, as the vaccine paradigm is further stripped away, future generations will be looking back upon vaccination as a barbaric, primitive practice.

Vaccine McCarthyism. What if the Vaccine Paradigm itself is Deliberately Flawed?
http://www.globalresearch.ca/vaccine-mc ... ed/5427768

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 12:25 pm

A greater factor are all the illegals who enter the US and can put their kids into US schools without complying with vaccination requirements.

It's going to get worse, and it's not because X number of kids don't get vaccinated by their parent because of concerns over the safety of the vaccine.

Browncoat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Feb 2015, 1:52 am

I don't understand how people can be so ignorant about the nature of vaccines. Take a weakened version of a disease and inject it so the immune system learns to recognize it. There might be some concerns over how the weakened version is produced, but as we develop our understanding of genetics and retrovirus design we'll be able to make more efficient vaccines.
Recently I saw a parallel drawn between vaccination and seatbelts. You may go your entire life without ever being in a car wreck. Does that mean buckling your seatbelt was a waste?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2015, 3:14 pm

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 8:56 am

zer0netgain wrote:
A greater factor are all the illegals who enter the US and can put their kids into US schools without complying with vaccination requirements.

Oh sure. Pass the buick. Its everyone elses fault except the fat american morons who called for people to stop vaccinating at the time that the measles cases 'coincidentally' started skyrocketing at the same time.

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 9:00 am

Orangez wrote:
I think it is not due to the anti vaccine movement, however, I think it is due to the lack of family doctors and medical support is the reason. As most people could easily forget about the boosters and without a family doctor it could be easily missed unless someone keeps a detail medical records.

what, and you think that the purveying willful ignorance among the American public might not be a factor? You should bear in mind that the measles increase has been localised mainly to those areas where the anti vaccine movement is most vocal. A lack of doctors is not really an excuse. If you're a responsible parent you'll do what it takes to get your children immunised.

My deviant art profile

Fitzi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 5:04 pm

zer0netgain wrote:

It's going to get worse, and it's not because X number of kids don't get vaccinated by their parent because of concerns over the safety of the vaccine.

The public schools require documentation of immunizations before a child is allowed to enroll in the school, whether the child is an American citizen or not. The school also keeps tabs on whether the child is up to date on future immunizations. They will send letters home stating that your child can not return to school until they get a vaccine they are missing that they were supposed to get by a certain age. And if a child is missing too much school, Child Protective Services will get involved- so it's hard to skip vaccines in public school. The only way to get around this is to have a letter from a doctor stating that your child is unable to get immunizations due to a compromised immune system, or a claim (I don't know what proof they require, if any) that the child is exempt for religious purposes. The people making the religious claim or not generally (at least where I live) illegal immigrants (and I live in a very culturally diverse area). It is not hard to get your child medical care here (legal or not). It's the anti vaxxers.