Pentagon suspects Vladimir Putin has Asperger's

Page 2 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

06 Feb 2015, 3:05 am

So what if he is? It's been theorised that Heinrich Himmler was an aspie, too.
Again, so what??


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,862
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 Feb 2015, 3:07 am

Raptor wrote:
So what if he is? It's been theorised that Heinrich Himmler was an aspie, too.
Again, so what??


Never heard that about Himmler.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 66
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,404
Location: temperate zone

06 Feb 2015, 5:56 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
So what if he is? It's been theorised that Heinrich Himmler was an aspie, too.
Again, so what??


Never heard that about Himmler.


A couple of years ago someone on WP started a whole thread about how he thought Himmler was an aspie. Thats the only person Im aware of who ever suggested it (not some recognized expert). But the person's arguments made sense. He did point to aspie-like traits about the guy.

Not that I see WHY ANYone would care if Himmler was aspie.

But this WPer's notion did hold a little more than water than all of those threads you used to see here about how Lincoln, Jefferson, Washington,Reagan, and Himmler's boss (Hitler),and just about every other figure in history, must have been aspies.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

06 Feb 2015, 6:22 am

Himmler from what I know was an odd man that had an intense interest in Norse mythology and occultism, he was the guy behind most of Nazis weird expeditions and archeological digs for stuff like the Holy Grail or Atlantis or ancient Aryans from Tibet. I believe he thought he was the reincarnation of some ancient Germanic king or something too, odd guy. Hitler actually didn't care for him and thought he was a weirdo apparently. Could he have been on spectrum? I dunno, maybe, who knows? There is some documentary on Netflix with Himmler's face on it called 'The Good One' and perhaps that would have more insight, the title is a bit much for me to swallow tho.



Last edited by Jacoby on 06 Feb 2015, 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Dec 2012
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,919

06 Feb 2015, 6:31 am

Then he must be one of the most popular AS people, he has better approval ratings than most world leaders.



Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,063

06 Feb 2015, 6:44 am

Lintar wrote:
Anyway, the mere suggestion that V. Putin may have Asperger's Syndrome is ridiculous on the face of it. He is a politician for goodness sake! Politicians need to be able to understand body language, facial expressions, social cues, be capable of engaging in 'small talk' with both colleagues and voters, be diplomatic when the need for it arises, and be perfectly happy telling lies and living a lie as well.

...assuming you're in a western country. Contrary to popular belief, Western Europe and North America are not the only places on Earth where politics happen.


_________________
...and the state must be destroyed.

http://needsmoremarshmallows.blogspot.co.uk/


DevilInPgh
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2005
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 186
Location: Washington, DC

06 Feb 2015, 12:06 pm

I don't like what the Obama administration is doing. First this ableism with Netanyahu, now with Putin. It's disgusting, and I'm sure ASAN is (not) going to condemn them, just like they didn't the first time around. Also, I don't know what it is with me getting banned from Facebook groups because I condemn people for not condemning the Obama administration's blatant policy of ableism. First ASAN, now "Adults With Asperger's Syndrome", which might as well be called "People Using Asperger's Syndrome As A Crutch To Whine And b***h" with all the posts I've seen there. I'm sorry, but there's a reason why I feel closer with groups of Jews who are more NT than with Aspies.



Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

06 Feb 2015, 1:12 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
So what if he is? It's been theorised that Heinrich Himmler was an aspie, too.
Again, so what??


Never heard that about Himmler.


A couple of years ago someone on WP started a whole thread about how he thought Himmler was an aspie. Thats the only person Im aware of who ever suggested it (not some recognized expert). But the person's arguments made sense. He did point to aspie-like traits about the guy.

Not that I see WHY ANYone would care if Himmler was aspie.

But this WPer's notion did hold a little more than water than all of those threads you used to see here about how Lincoln, Jefferson, Washington,Reagan, and Himmler's boss (Hitler),and just about every other figure in history, must have been aspies.


That thread might be what I was thinking of having to do with Himmler. I think there are some other tidbits elsewhere on the web, too. About the only value it would serve is to better understand the man but it in no ways casts a bad light on autism in general since autism does not select who it inflicts.

I've never heard about Lincoln or Reagan being on the spectrum. I don't know why the hell anyone would think Reagan was an aspie. I could believe Jefferson was and I've seen that possibility written about in more than one source. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson definitely had aspie traits. When I toured his home in Lexington that he and his wife lived in while he taught at VMI I was lucky enough to get a one on one tour. The tour guide was a true subject matter expert on all things Stonewall and since I took an actual interest he pretty much poured out his knowledge to me. Needless to say, it was quite interesting.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,862
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 Feb 2015, 4:37 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
So what if he is? It's been theorised that Heinrich Himmler was an aspie, too.
Again, so what??


Never heard that about Himmler.


A couple of years ago someone on WP started a whole thread about how he thought Himmler was an aspie. Thats the only person Im aware of who ever suggested it (not some recognized expert). But the person's arguments made sense. He did point to aspie-like traits about the guy.

Not that I see WHY ANYone would care if Himmler was aspie.

But this WPer's notion did hold a little more than water than all of those threads you used to see here about how Lincoln, Jefferson, Washington,Reagan, and Himmler's boss (Hitler),and just about every other figure in history, must have been aspies.


Despite the fact that the Nazi party had publicly worshiped any and all things pagan Norse/Germanic, Hitler was himself romantically obsessed with Greco-Roman classical history and myth, saying privately of the Germans: "We have no history!" He actually had found Himmler and his obsessions with all things Germanic as embarrassing.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Nov 2012
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,777
Location: Victoria, Australia

06 Feb 2015, 8:36 pm

Magneto wrote:
Lintar wrote:
Anyway, the mere suggestion that V. Putin may have Asperger's Syndrome is ridiculous on the face of it. He is a politician for goodness sake! Politicians need to be able to understand body language, facial expressions, social cues, be capable of engaging in 'small talk' with both colleagues and voters, be diplomatic when the need for it arises, and be perfectly happy telling lies and living a lie as well.

...assuming you're in a western country. Contrary to popular belief, Western Europe and North America are not the only places on Earth where politics happen.


Yes, I know. :roll: (I live in Australia, by the way).



Mimmy
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 12

07 Feb 2015, 3:43 pm

I sort of get "flash-backs" from the 2012 court case in Norway, against the terrorist Anders Behring Breivik, during which they used up almost the entire blue and green book, in order to place him with a psychiatric diagnosis. In his case, they however ended up with two personality disorder diagnoses (narcissism was one of them, I dont quite remember the other, but I think it was antisocial personality disorder), and also with traces of a third disorder, paranoid personality disorder.

There were alot of experts that observed him in the courtroom, and sort of figured out that he "could have" so and so diagnosis. But serious experts DONT USE either tv-recordings NOR court room observations to determine any diagnosis, for THAT they use tests, talks and other kinds of diagnostic tools. Some say that psychiatrists and psychologists probably are worse at guessing which diagnosis is correct, cause their knowledge actually makes it more difficult, cause they have alot more options to choose from, than non-experts.. :)



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 66
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,404
Location: temperate zone

07 Feb 2015, 3:55 pm

Raptor wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
So what if he is? It's been theorised that Heinrich Himmler was an aspie, too.
Again, so what??


Never heard that about Himmler.


A couple of years ago someone on WP started a whole thread about how he thought Himmler was an aspie. Thats the only person Im aware of who ever suggested it (not some recognized expert). But the person's arguments made sense. He did point to aspie-like traits about the guy.

Not that I see WHY ANYone would care if Himmler was aspie.

But this WPer's notion did hold a little more than water than all of those threads you used to see here about how Lincoln, Jefferson, Washington,Reagan, and Himmler's boss (Hitler),and just about every other figure in history, must have been aspies.


That thread might be what I was thinking of having to do with Himmler. I think there are some other tidbits elsewhere on the web, too. About the only value it would serve is to better understand the man but it in no ways casts a bad light on autism in general since autism does not select who it inflicts.

I've never heard about Lincoln or Reagan being on the spectrum. I don't know why the hell anyone would think Reagan was an aspie. I could believe Jefferson was and I've seen that possibility written about in more than one source. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson definitely had aspie traits. When I toured his home in Lexington that he and his wife lived in while he taught at VMI I was lucky enough to get a one on one tour. The tour guide was a true subject matter expert on all things Stonewall and since I took an actual interest he pretty much poured out his knowledge to me. Needless to say, it was quite interesting.


Sounds like a fun tour.

Yeah-Reagan strikes me as the ultimate non-aspie. Both Carter, and Jefferson, offer a glimpse at what an aspie in the White House might look like (though I am skeptical that any US President was actually an aspie). For a while it was in vogue for both gays, and aspies, to claim Lincoln. But the evidence offered that he was either of things is really thin IMHO. Oddly enough the one president widely accepted by historians as actually being gay was the guy right before Lincoln:Buchanan.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,862
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

07 Feb 2015, 5:13 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Raptor wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
So what if he is? It's been theorised that Heinrich Himmler was an aspie, too.
Again, so what??


Never heard that about Himmler.


A couple of years ago someone on WP started a whole thread about how he thought Himmler was an aspie. Thats the only person Im aware of who ever suggested it (not some recognized expert). But the person's arguments made sense. He did point to aspie-like traits about the guy.

Not that I see WHY ANYone would care if Himmler was aspie.

But this WPer's notion did hold a little more than water than all of those threads you used to see here about how Lincoln, Jefferson, Washington,Reagan, and Himmler's boss (Hitler),and just about every other figure in history, must have been aspies.


That thread might be what I was thinking of having to do with Himmler. I think there are some other tidbits elsewhere on the web, too. About the only value it would serve is to better understand the man but it in no ways casts a bad light on autism in general since autism does not select who it inflicts.

I've never heard about Lincoln or Reagan being on the spectrum. I don't know why the hell anyone would think Reagan was an aspie. I could believe Jefferson was and I've seen that possibility written about in more than one source. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson definitely had aspie traits. When I toured his home in Lexington that he and his wife lived in while he taught at VMI I was lucky enough to get a one on one tour. The tour guide was a true subject matter expert on all things Stonewall and since I took an actual interest he pretty much poured out his knowledge to me. Needless to say, it was quite interesting.


Sounds like a fun tour.

Yeah-Reagan strikes me as the ultimate non-aspie. Both Carter, and Jefferson, offer a glimpse at what an aspie in the White House might look like (though I am skeptical that any US President was actually an aspie). For a while it was in vogue for both gays, and aspies, to claim Lincoln. But the evidence offered that he was either of things is really thin IMHO. Oddly enough the one president widely accepted by historians as actually being gay was the guy right before Lincoln:Buchanan.


As far as possible Aspie Presidents are concerned, I've long had my suspicions about Nixon. Despite having chosen a public life in politics, he was notoriously uncomfortable in his own skin, and so apparently unable to read his fellow man that he instead immediately assumed the worse, and so replied with equally hostility. People who had met him described a man who would try to counter his shyness with inappropriate humor. He was given to great personal doubt and depression, which he had tried to self medicate away with alcohol, which was very apparent from his droves of secret tapes on which he made embarrassing confessions. Just from that, one obviously couldn't make a diagnosis, but it does make one wonder.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 66
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,404
Location: temperate zone

07 Feb 2015, 5:55 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Raptor wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
So what if he is? It's been theorised that Heinrich Himmler was an aspie, too.
Again, so what??


Never heard that about Himmler.


A couple of years ago someone on WP started a whole thread about how he thought Himmler was an aspie. Thats the only person Im aware of who ever suggested it (not some recognized expert). But the person's arguments made sense. He did point to aspie-like traits about the guy.

Not that I see WHY ANYone would care if Himmler was aspie.

But this WPer's notion did hold a little more than water than all of those threads you used to see here about how Lincoln, Jefferson, Washington,Reagan, and Himmler's boss (Hitler),and just about every other figure in history, must have been aspies.


That thread might be what I was thinking of having to do with Himmler. I think there are some other tidbits elsewhere on the web, too. About the only value it would serve is to better understand the man but it in no ways casts a bad light on autism in general since autism does not select who it inflicts.

I've never heard about Lincoln or Reagan being on the spectrum. I don't know why the hell anyone would think Reagan was an aspie. I could believe Jefferson was and I've seen that possibility written about in more than one source. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson definitely had aspie traits. When I toured his home in Lexington that he and his wife lived in while he taught at VMI I was lucky enough to get a one on one tour. The tour guide was a true subject matter expert on all things Stonewall and since I took an actual interest he pretty much poured out his knowledge to me. Needless to say, it was quite interesting.


Sounds like a fun tour.

Yeah-Reagan strikes me as the ultimate non-aspie. Both Carter, and Jefferson, offer a glimpse at what an aspie in the White House might look like (though I am skeptical that any US President was actually an aspie). For a while it was in vogue for both gays, and aspies, to claim Lincoln. But the evidence offered that he was either of things is really thin IMHO. Oddly enough the one president widely accepted by historians as actually being gay was the guy right before Lincoln:Buchanan.


As far as possible Aspie Presidents are concerned, I've long had my suspicions about Nixon. Despite having chosen a public life in politics, he was notoriously uncomfortable in his own skin, and so apparently unable to read his fellow man that he instead immediately assumed the worse, and so replied with equally hostility. People who had met him described a man who would try to counter his shyness with inappropriate humor. He was given to great personal doubt and depression, which he had tried to self medicate away with alcohol, which was very apparent from his droves of secret tapes on which he made embarrassing confessions. Just from that, one obviously couldn't make a diagnosis, but it does make one wonder.


Nixon was certainly a piece of work. Always thought of him as more of a paranoid than as an aspie (many dictators, like Stalin, were very conspiratorial in thinking even before becoming dictators). But its true that Nixon was not much of a social butterfly. Like the only person he ever hung out with was Bebe Rebozo. Could be that Nixon was an aspie. Even Reagan had a kind of autistic streak- he could be cold and could suddenly withdraw from even people close to him-even from Nancy Reagan-its said. So its all hard to diagnose from a distance.



BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,471
Location: PA, USA

08 Feb 2015, 11:01 am

Fnord wrote:
What if it is true?

All the people talking about the idea of Aspies running their own community or country would have to contend with the example of Mr. Putin's regime, and how Russia is being run today.


What if it is true??

Then that's one more thing, in addition to opposable thumbs, bipedal carriage, and a relative lack of melanin in my epidermis, that I have in common with Vladimir Putin.

Nobody would put forth that the other things should be considered relevant...

...so why should that?? It WILL BE, but there's no reason.

We're human; we encompass all kinds of people. The idiots saying we're all innocents and saints are just using equal absurdity to combat the all-too-common argument that we're all would-be Adam Lanzas.

Personally, I'm neither one. How about you????

All I can say is, one more reason to be afraid. One more reason to work on a hiding place, one more reason to work on an evacuation plan. One more reason to be REALLY, REALLY frustrated in a country where our infrastructure is crumbling and we b***h and moan about spending $300 a month for some struggling mother to feed her kids, and then spend our revenue on THIS. :headshake:


_________________
"Alas, our dried voices when we whisper together are quiet and meaningless, as wind in dry grass, or rats' feet over broken glass in our dry cellar." --TS Eliot, "The Hollow Men"


BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,471
Location: PA, USA

10 Feb 2015, 3:43 pm

Like I said-- US Tax Dollars At Work.

Joe McCarthy would be so proud.

No wonder my country is epically screwed.


_________________
"Alas, our dried voices when we whisper together are quiet and meaningless, as wind in dry grass, or rats' feet over broken glass in our dry cellar." --TS Eliot, "The Hollow Men"