Would you rather be 5 ft 3 or 6 ft 8? (men only)

Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

For men, would you rather be 6 ft 8 or 5 ft 3?
I would rather be 6 ft 8. 36%  36%  [ 15 ]
I would rather be 5 ft 3. 36%  36%  [ 15 ]
I'm a woman. 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
Null Vote. 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 42

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 2:35 pm

For men, would you rather be 5 ft 3 or 6 ft 8 inches tall and why?

The reason why only men can say is because most women obviously would rather be 5 ft 3 since thats close to average height for them.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 2:45 pm

No question 5'3". I am almost 6ft 8 (6'6.5" to be exact) and I hate sticking out, I hate finding it almost impossible to find pants and I hate being referred to as "hey tall guy!" I was mercilessly bullied for being tall and underweight in school and all the popular kids are 5'3" or shorter as adults.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 3:05 pm

I'm 5 foot 5. I was frequently referred to as a "shrimp" when I was a kid. I couldn't get a date in high school because I was short and looked young.

Still, I'd rather be 5 foot 3.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 3:33 pm

I am only six foot, and I think I would rather be 5ft 3, I am fed up with always having a bad back, our frames are not good enough to be so tall.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 4:09 pm

I wouldn't need new clothes--I'm 5' 2"

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 4:11 pm

I'm 5'9'' and I have gotten a lot of flack for not being over 6 feet tall, so therefore I'd rather be 5'3''.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 4:20 pm

My grandson is 6' 10" and aged 17. It is not easy being an extremely tall person, in lots of ways. Everyday he has to cope with strangers making comments sometimes in very ignorant ways and he has been bullied in the past by normal sized NTs, he has health issues connected with it and daily life (clothes shopping, beds, doors etc) can be challenging. He is still at school and the school wanted him to sit at a desk for a normal sized student (under 6 feet) that hurt his back and knees. We had to fight for 6 months just to get a desk provided. It's been hell for him, on top of his autistic challenges.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 4:54 pm

A few months ago I got an really good office chair and cheap desk that fit me--I chopped a few inches off the desk so that it was just the right height.

SIDWULF
Raven
Raven

05 Feb 2015, 6:00 pm

6' 2" not too tall where I stand out, tall enough for the ladies.

I feel average. Sometimes I feel tall sometimes I don't feel tall enough.

Go figure.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 6:45 pm

6' 8" is hot. I dated a guy who was that tall once, well, he was 6' 7" but that's pretty much the same. I remember that I came on to him too. I asked him how tall he was and he told me. Then I asked him if everything was in proportion. He said that was the best pickup line he's ever had from a girl and he was going to modify it to use himself lol.

I'm 5-8 or 5-10 depending on which convenience store I'm walking out of, but either way that's tall for a girl. When I wear heels I'm even taller because my heels are between 2 and 4 inches. So, if I'm going out dressed up then a tall guy works well for me. When I dated guys my height or shorter, I always wore flats, unless they really liked that I was tall and thought it was hot for me to be that tall.

I dated this one guy who was like 5-5 or 5-6 something like that. He loved that I was taller than him and had long legs and he always liked me to wear really high heels and short skirts when we went out. That was in style then so I did. I'm built like a dancer (not stripper, I don't have boobs or a decent butt) but I always wished I could bulk up some with some muscle which I feel would work better with my height. I like the look of women body builders but can't achieve anything like that without steroids.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Feb 2015, 7:40 pm

Being stupidly tall would be useful in sporting situations.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 8:13 pm

I'm pretty sure I would have been a pro basketball player if I was 6'8", so I'd go with that (ball was an interest in high school).

B19
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 8:17 pm

He represents the city already in basketball and is hoping to go pro later on, following in the footsteps of Steven Adams, another NZ boy who is currently playing for Oklahoma City. Hope he makes it!

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 10:03 pm

I was actually about to ask you in the other thread if you were also heightist, and if you would have a problem dating a girl that was significantly taller than you.

iammaz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Feb 2015, 10:05 pm

I'm 6'5" or so and I like being this tall so i'd say 6 ft 8 rather than 5 ft 3 would suit me better. Most women have told me that they prefer someone who is taller than they are.
Now if I could only remember to duck when i get on a bus or train.
Maz

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 10:47 pm

olympiadis wrote:
I was actually about to ask you in the other thread if you were also heightist, and if you would have a problem dating a girl that was significantly taller than you.

How is it an "ist" issue to have a physical preference for someone you date?

I'm 50 years old and if I were single I wouldn't date anyone younger than 40. Or older than 60. Does that make me an ageist? I wouldn't care if I met a great guy who was in his 20s or 30s but I'd feel like I was a dirty old lady and just would be grossed out by the whole thing. I'd feel that any guy over 60 who had the hots for me was a dirty old man. I don't have a problem with other people dating with big age differences, hell, my best friend is a cougar, but I just couldn't do it. Anybody under 30 is a kid, and that age will rise for me as I get older. Anybody more than 10 years older than me now is an "elderly person" and I'm sure that age will rise as I get older too.

I've only dated white guys, am I a racist? Of course back when I was single and dating, mixed race dating just didn't occur in Alabama and it was rare to see mixed race groups of friends hanging out. It was wrong and I wasn't racist then but I didn't go to school with any black people and didn't really know any black guys to date and even if I did, back then you didn't do that in public. Ever. We were only a decade away from bussing and fire hoses, so you have to understand the times and the place. Now that I'm older and also because society has changed for the better, I would date a black guy if I was single, but not if there was a big age difference.

I also prefer guys who are somewhat muscular and not overweight. Am I a whatever it is that is against heavy people? I'm just not attracted to heavy guys. That's just my preference. I don't hate heavy guys and I wouldn't tell someone else they shouldn't date a guy who was heavy, I'm just attracted to a certain body style. Chunky is ok and can be cute in a slacker musician/computer nerd kind of way though. I've dated guys like that. But am I another ist for not being attracted to overweight dudes?

Height doesn't matter to me because I'm tall. I'm as tall as a lot of guys, taller than a few, and a lot of others are taller than me when I don't wear heels. I don't have a problem with dating shorter guys, but if I was maybe 5-5 I might be. Most guys don't have a problem with taller girls because we usually have really long legs and that's hot to them. Maybe it's because they imagine we are limber and bending us all kinds of ways, I don't know, but they like long legs for some reason. I don't consider a guy to be an "ist" of any sort if he doesn't like girls taller than him, or even shorter than him, although I'd say that if a guy only liked girls taller than him that he's probably got a fetish. Why I think that, I don't know.

I like guys with dark hair and eyes and olive skin. Blonde hair and blue eyes and peachy skin can be very nice looking, but just because I agree and think a guy is very nice looking doesn't mean that I would be attracted to him. The same for weight. I've seen a lot of very nice looking overweight guys, but I'm not attracted to most of them. Jack Black would be the exception. He's also got dark hair and I think dark eyes, and he's got the slacker musician thing going plus he seems great. I would be attracted to him, and as long as he was in the right age range, and both of us were single, and he asked me, I would date him. Or rather somebody not famous exactly like him lol.

How are people an "ist" if they aren't attracted to a particular type? That isn't discrimination unless they also feel that those people are somehow less than them, which isn't the case just because somebody doesn't want to date you.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com