What does your ideal man/woman look like?

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 10:58 am

What are the qualities you look for in a partner? Describe your ideal partner.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 11:00 am

My Wife.

Philippine, 5'4", perfect weight :wink:, black shoulder-length hair, dark brown eyes, intelligent, educated, honest, affectionate, loving, and sexy.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 12:30 pm

Physical: Short brown hair, blue eyes, a little taller than me, thin, not hairy, attractive but not "hunky".

Non-physical: Sensitive, intelligent, thoughtful, a dreamer, friendly, open about feelings, not cynical, accepting of all different types of people.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Feb 2015, 2:00 pm

My girlfriend. A little needy, clingy, affectionate, understands me, doesn't get offended by me or think I'm too blunt, direct or straightforward

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 2:51 pm

No specific look comes to mind....If they like wearing band t-shirts and have a patch vest, that is always a plus. But I cannot describe any specific look as what is attractive to me varies a lot, I also don't really care much for surface attraction it doesn't really mean anything to me. For me to actually be interested in someone we'd have to get along and I'd have to find their personality attractive.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 3:59 pm

Physical: Red or brown hair, about the same height as me, attractive, but not overtly sexy.

Non-Physical: Doesn't use me as an object, is thoughtful, talks a lot, and tells people to shut up whenever she feels offended.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 4:08 pm

Physical: I actually don't really care. Last time I dated a guy who I thought was physical perfection, the relationship turned out horribly. Not caring doesn't mean that I'll take just anybody. As long as he exercises and maintains good hygiene and dresses nice I am set :D

Non-physical: Into writing and literature, loves video games as much as I do, likes to take walks with me outside and last but not least: I need to find a guy who isn't desperate. Dating me all because I'm better than nothing isn't okay with me. Date me because you actually love me.

Another thing about physical appearances is that I have physical flaws. I'm a size 18/20 or something like that and I'm well aware that most guys don't like girls my size even though I apparently don't look my size according to other people. Guys are going to have their physical flaws, too.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 6:05 pm

Short, large brown eyes, short brown hair, round head, narrow nose, thin lips.

Into some geeky subcultures, while not being 100% invested into any.

She'd probably qualify as one of the guys instead of girls.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 6:42 pm

Physically I like sharp features and black hair, in personality I like someone like me and can understand me well and is supportive
Well a childhood crush- longest crush I had for a few years, I still think about that crush sometimes who had black hair and sharp features lol, haven't seen this crush for 6 years or more lol not sure about personality but was quiet and shy a little from what I remember but it was only one time I saw this crush and it was on a gathering haha
Tbh I still crush on that person lol, totally different from any crush I ever had lol

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 1:23 am

Physical Looks: Olga Kurylenko and Catherine Bell are puuurrfect in my eyes. :D

Non-Physical: A little bit tom-boyish, creative/artistic, not too emotional, direct and honest, smart, funny, quirky...

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 1:30 am

looks don't mean much. good vocabulary. kind. willing to live healthily.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 2:16 am

Looks don't matter to me as long as the person has good hygiene, a good personality and is an understanding individual.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 3:09 am

"looks don't mean anything" mantra lols
There are some characteristics you can derive from someones physical appearance.

Someone who is moderately in good shape, sorry not overly attracted to delicate flowers. This is a health thing really. Someone who looks healthy, I don't want to outlive them by 10 or more years because they're malnourished or obese. I have no delusions of being immortal, I'm trying to take my lifespan seriously. I also like to do outdoor physical activities like hiking and such so I'd want someone who could keep up or best me.

I tend to have preference towards my own phenotype, which is of European ancestry, but it's not a defining trait by any means. I have a higher preference towards brown or blonde hair and blue eyes, which I guess is because those are my own traits, I was blonde for the first 4 years of my life. I'd also prefer it if someone kept their natural hair color. Minimal makeup as well. I wouldn't even know about hair length or style, I guess the only type I really don't care for is when women put their hair in a kind of bun above their head. For height I guess someone closer to my own height of around 5'10, it wouldn't bother me if they were taller.

Personality: Someone who isn't plastic, controlling, and a bully. Someone who is strong. Intelligence is a really subjective thing, we all hold around the same range, some just have life experiences that express it in different ways. Someone whose intelligence has developed similar to my own, this would also bleed into interests.
Interests: Most likely ours would semi align otherwise there would be no base for being friends as well.

Someone that I can understand and understands me is the most defining trait really.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 3:19 am

a 'Brown Eyed Handsome Man' of my size (5'10)

omid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Feb 2015, 6:22 am

My Ideal picture of woman changes with time or maybe I have multiple.
I like very feminine women with sofe voice (that's very important and wont change)
I think the personality and the face they put on is more important than the face or look itself. I like them to be very sweet and cute and girly. I'm ok with a rather great age range.
For the time being I like rather tall blond girls. But I also like slightly chubby white girls. The stuff above (girly girl, soft voice, feminine) are more important.
And she has to have AS.

Possibly Aspie (diagnosed by an autism expert, doc moves abroad, forced to change docs and all say it's schizophrenia NOS or schizo-affective disorde or personality disorders. initial doc was a colleague of uncle Simon btw. you do the math.). (edit: by Uncle Simon I mean Simon Baron Cohen. Just to clear things up.)

SBennett0322
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Feb 2015, 9:07 am

NT with a question-

Is it possible for an AS male to be attracted to an "average" looking female if his ideal is a celebrity or a really "hot" woman by society's standard?

Since I'm married to my husband with AS, I will possibly have children with AS. I want to make sure my children with AS are happy and successful in their lives... and I'm sure they will want to have a partner.

I have hot friends, very physically attractive- but they are so picky with choosing a man! They would probably never date a man with AS because they have so many other choices, they could choose whoever they want- and they want someone who is social, attractive, and well-liked by others. So, if I have an AS son and he is attracted to only "hot" women, how will he ever get a date?

I am going to teach him there is value in an "average" looking woman, just like in the hot ones. I think he will find that the average to below average looking women are going to be the most acceptant of him, and will love him for who he is. And some of the hot ones will, too, I'm sure- but I don't want him to limit his choices to the most elite women.

I don't want this to be offensive- I do not think being aspie is bad at all! In fact, I believe it is a trait women should look for in a partner, and maybe in the future they will! Because I absolutely love my husband and think I am meant to be with an aspie lover forever. However, I do not see women seeking out "aspie" men, so I don't understand why sometimes AS guys say they are only attracted to the very fit, hot, very kind, and well-educated woman. It seems like that narrows down their choices so much!