Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 9:50 pm

Reading the mind in the eyes is a test used to determine how good (or bad) you are at reading facial expressions when only seeing the eyes. Here is the link to the test. https://www.questionwritertracker.com/q ... K3TKB.html

After taking the test, post your scores here.

I got 26. The average score for a neurotypical is 26 while the average for someone with Aspergers is 21. I did 5 points better than the average Aspie.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 10:09 pm

My Reading the Mind in the Eyes (RME)-test score was 28. My Reading the Mind in the Voice (RMV)-test score was 86. My Reading the Mind in Film (RMF)-test score was 14.

I believe that my eyes and voice scores were beyond the norm because of the early influence that films and television programs had on my theory-of-mind skills. The odd thing is that, while my film score was in the threshold range, it was also near the norm. So, while my film and television influences appeared to have helped in the eyes and voice tests, they didn't help as much in the film test.

Go figure. :?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Eiael
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Feb 2015, 8:56 pm

I got 27, - it might look like we are finding a new "average"
The girls was the hardest to read though, for whatever reason :roll:

teksavvyguy
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Apr 2015, 3:04 pm

How long did it take for most to complete this test?

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 4:06 pm

Ugh, some of these I didn't think -any- of the answers were posted. And one of them was clearly just "squinting into the sun" :-p

The women were younger, had make-up around their eyes and plucked their brows. The men tended to have wrinkles and be older, they were easier to read for me too.

Poor motivation

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 4:17 pm

I think it's easy to take multiple-choice tests.

Many times, what I would have interpreted the eyes as communicating was not on the list.

And, do these tests really help us know anything in real life? I can make an educated guess when someone's face/eyes if frozen in time in a picture, but when things happen quickly in real time, I don't have time to capture and examine all the non-verbal information. Heck, I don't always catch all the verbal information!

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 4:43 pm

I found this test really boring/hard. I was like "How the hell I am supposed to know that?" and I had to focus for a long while on each question and most still gave me just a very slim idea of what might be correct.

And BTW: I found 2 more tests like that: https://www.pymetrics.com/games/new/faces-t/ and https://www.pymetrics.com/games/new/eyes-t/ - you will probably need to register or use facebook account and play some more of their test-games to get to those two.
They are about reading emotions from faces(+context) and eyes and they are timed so you don't have much time to figure out the answer logically. Once you complete enough test-games you find the results here: https://www.pymetrics.com/results/trait ... l/Emotion/ .

Apparently(assuming I read the results correctly):
- I get emotions from eyes right 48% of time (I feel it should be much lower though, I did so well just because I did a non-timed version of the test before so I could recall some of my thought processes without figuring them out again which let me fit -barely - in that 6 seconds time limit).
- I get emotion from context right 91% of time. (which means time limit doesn't affect my ability of doing such tests, although I felt the time pressure)
- I get emotion from facial expression right just 12% of time. (time limit made me guess most of the time here because I couldn't instinctively see emotion in almost any of the pictures).

Last edited by Kiriae on 28 Apr 2015, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grahzmann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Apr 2015, 4:50 pm

I took this test a while ago and also scored 26.

tagnacious
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Apr 2015, 5:30 pm

Ewe. Sexism. First off, all the women where young and highly made-up, where the men had a variety of ages (and none were wearing make-up.)

Secondly, the test heavily depended on women using steriotypical emotions that women are supposed to have. For example, "fantasizing" came up twice with women, as did "flirting" :cheese: . A how many times did that come up with the men? ZERO Zip. Zilch. The men got things like "suspicious" and "direct." Women were being sexual or being somehow in a submissive place (fearful or cautious.) There were a few exceptions, but this test overwhelmingly tested for sexual steriotypes as much as reading body language.

Also, why is everyone white? Does body language only happen in Europe? WTF!?!

I got a 31 BTW. I rock these kinds of tests. I know body language like your steriotypical aspie knows train timetables or days of the week.

BeyondLogic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Apr 2015, 12:46 am

I'm shocked. I actually got a 29 on this test so maybe I'm better at reading emotions than I thought.

However, I notably confused the emotion "doubtful" for "affectionate" and I'm just really hoping that I haven't done that too many times in real life haha :lol:

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Apr 2015, 7:31 am

The average score for an autistic adult is 21.9 i.e. 22. I scored 23.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 7:44 am

32 :scratch:

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 8:02 am

tagnacious
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Apr 2015, 8:11 am

Booyakasha wrote:

If you're like me, you've studied body language with so much intensity that you could out test most NTs. This kind of detail work is exactly what aspies are supposed to excel at.

Curious that when we apply this hyper focus to faces instead of something more traditionally masculine, like trucks or baseball, suddenly we aren't fitting the researchers model of what autism is supposed to be. It's almost like they've exclusively studied males. Oh, wait. They have.

Also, I extend my hand in congratulations on beating my score of 31. :cheers:

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 8:29 am

tagnacious wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:

If you're like me, you've studied body language with so much intensity that you could out test most NTs. This kind of detail work is exactly what aspies are supposed to excel at.

Curious that when we apply this hyper focus to faces instead of something more traditionally masculine, like trucks or baseball, suddenly we aren't fitting the researchers model of what autism is supposed to be. It's almost like they've exclusively studied males. Oh, wait. They have.

Also, I extend my hand in congratulations on beating my score of 31. :cheers:

No kidding! I've studied and studied and studied body language. (The internet is great for that!! !)

I scored a 30. But, still, I would have gotten things wrong if it was an open-ended question, "What are these eyes communicating?"

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 8:39 am

I got 23. It was more difficult than I imagined. :roll: