Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SilentGuy66
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Feb 2015, 11:47 am

All I know is that this news made me happy and that's all that matters to me.

MrBear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Feb 2015, 6:23 pm

Really happy to have him in the MCU. Hoping the rebooted version will be in line with the excellent job Marvel has done with other characters. Now just hoping that Fantastic Four movie bombs and Marvel gets the rights back. That trailer was awful. >.<

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2015, 6:59 pm

^^
I might see the Fantastic 4 reboot anyway just to see if it's good or not. On the other hand, Fox has done a relatively good job with the X-Men franchise, so we shouldn't expect Fox to give the rights to X-Men back to MARVEL.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2015, 8:00 pm

Given the quality of X-Men: First Class and X-Men: Days of Future Past, I want Fantastic Four (or should I say "Fant4stic"? Poor literacy is kewl, after all) to succeed, but I am not counting on it. While the comics Doctor Doom is a stupidly broken character, turning him into a hacker seems like a terrible idea. What is the worst he can do, hacking into Reed Richards' Facebook profile and sending an IM stating "I luv BBC :wink:" to Johnny Storm's profile? Probably not, but it is certainly a good idea for the upcoming Deadpool film. Fox, you need to hire me as a writer.

Anyway, the MCU is not afraid of mixing aliens, spies, robots and magic in their films and the results were good for them so far. Maybe Fox should have noticed that by now and risk portraying Doom as the technomage and sometimes-benevolent dictator he is? We would not even need a detailed origin story for that.

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

SilentGuy66
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Feb 2015, 1:46 pm

I sooooo wish Deadpool could be a part of the MCU to just imagine him making jokes about the film rights and stuff

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 3:59 pm

SilentGuy66 wrote:
I sooooo wish Deadpool could be a part of the MCU to just imagine him making jokes about the film rights and stuff

I hope he breaks the fourth wall, too, if that's the case. Once, in the comics, Loki revealed to Deadpool that he was a comic book character or so I hear.