Do you ever get obsessed with things that you don't like?

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Noetic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2007, 4:25 pm

shadexiii wrote:
seems to be women I don't like. Well, maybe the right word is shouldn't. I'm not entirely sure what that emotion is. Best comparison I can come up with is the whole moth to a flame thing.

Or that idiot Icarus. "OOH LOOK BRIGHT SHINY HOT OBJECT!"

LOL when I was little I was s**t scared of fire, but I just couldn't stop myself touching red hot pokers and staring at big fires...

15 Mar 2007, 5:28 pm

I was obsessed with the death penalty in my teens and felt very ashamed because it made me feel I was a sick person because people die and who would like death of people or enjoy watching them die? A sick person.

matt271
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2007, 5:41 pm

i was messing w/ codecs on my comp, and noticed the audio/video not synced w/ one codec combo. i fixed it, but kept watching videos for if it was synced. after a while i started to see that it wasn't 100% perfect on every video all the time. now even ever i watch a video i think about that. i watch the actors mouth and listen for cues that i can tell the mouth to make that sound, and try to tell if its synced, a little before, or a little after. i thought it was just videos on my comp, but later noticed it on TV and in the theatre too. now even when ppl talk to me.

Fraz_2006
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Mar 2007, 5:53 pm

Im obsessed with trying to get my acne of my face every morning, and i defenatly dont like it.

But i guess lots of people my age with acne are like that.

sun_rat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Mar 2007, 6:39 pm

shadexiii wrote:

ROFL! brilliant.

i loved my fiance, then when he dumped me for no good reason, i got obsessed with him. luckily i had just enough self control to not do anything stupid or stalkish.

i guess you could say i am obsessed with sexism. but that one isn't static. it comes and goes in waves.

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2007, 6:57 pm

Yes!! ! :roll: It's like getting caught in a trap.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2007, 7:33 pm

i tend to make myself face things i don't like... like, i'm afraid of heights, but i'll try rock wall climbing, rollercoasters, and free-drop rides, and climbing trees and such... not saying i do them often, but i've defently tried to rub-out my fears in an obsessive manner... if that makes sense.

had mixed results with it w/e

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2007, 8:28 pm

I know someday I'm going to have to get a driver's license although the thought of driving in my hometown scares me to death. There are too many idiot drivers out there and I have witnessed at least three major accidents, one of them resulting in a fatality, within the last six months.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2007, 8:34 pm

shadexiii wrote:
seems to be women I don't like. Well, maybe the right word is shouldn't. I'm not entirely sure what that emotion is. Best comparison I can come up with is the whole moth to a flame thing.

Once. Only once. But it damn near destroyed me. Can't say I wouldn't do it again, either.

NoCriminalIntent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Mar 2007, 10:44 am

Sedaka wrote:
i tend to make myself face things i don't like... like, i'm afraid of heights, but i'll try rock wall climbing, rollercoasters, and free-drop rides, and climbing trees and such... not saying i do them often, but i've defently tried to rub-out my fears in an obsessive manner... if that makes sense.

had mixed results with it w/e

Yeah, me too. And I almost never overcome them, no matter how good I do in the moment, they always come back to haunt me. Heights is a big one. I ski expert terrain. But when Im at the top hanging over the edge, that fear always grips me, and I have to fight it continously. Once I go over the edge and hit the powder Im fine.

And I always thought the fear would diminish the more I confronted it, but the opposite is true.

daveybaby
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Mar 2007, 5:49 pm

I got obssessed with a girl every logical nerve in my body told me to stay away from. It wasn't a good thing.

I'm always obssessed with my hair, thinking its messed up, so I'm always trying to fix it. Its very annoying.

Noetic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2007, 6:07 pm

Fraz_2006 wrote:
Im obsessed with trying to get my acne of my face every morning, and i defenatly dont like it.

Yeah but spots and facial hair etc. can be quite the negative obsession...

Fraz_2006
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Mar 2007, 6:12 pm

Noetic wrote:
Fraz_2006 wrote:

Yeah but spots and facial hair etc. can be quite the negative obsession...

It doesnt help having negative obsessions, i hate getting up every morning and seeing the same face in the mirror, and it gets me really anxious and down, and i guess it doesnt really help when you have aspies over and above that.

Noetic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2007, 7:31 pm

Fraz_2006 wrote:
It doesnt help having negative obsessions, i hate getting up every morning and seeing the same face in the mirror, and it gets me really anxious and down, and i guess it doesnt really help when you have aspies over and above that.

Everyone sees the same face in the morning.

And "having aspies"? Is that like "having kittens"? :?

overthinker
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Mar 2007, 5:20 am

You made my day. Thank you. I am not laughing at your obsession, I'm just glad that I'm not the only one. I don't care about noses, but I do like some other stuff. You actually made me laugh. That is a rare event at 3:17am on a work day.

Last edited by overthinker on 19 Mar 2007, 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 5:24 am

Noetic wrote:
Fraz_2006 wrote:

Everyone sees the same face in the morning.

And "having aspies"? Is that like "having kittens"? :?

No, I suspect they are just lying about.