Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 4:27 pm

Is it just me, or has anyone else observed the phenomenon that no matter what opinion you express on any topic, someone will accuse you of oppressing others?

"I like apples."
"PIG! Don't you know that by purchasing that fruit, you are contributing to the oppression of bazillions of migrant farm workers who aren't paid enough to buy even one of those apples you enjoy so much?!"

"I think she's cute."
"Your objectification of that one women sends a message of oppression to women all over the world that they are nothing more than breeding stock for your perverted sexual fantasies!"

"This movie is boring."
"Unless you stay until the end of the closing credits, you are a direct cause of the oppressive behavior that keeps the third unit's Best Boy living in a one-room trailer while he waits for his citizenship hearing!"

... And so on ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 9:16 pm

Not to go all PPR, but it reminds me of the good ol' Christian Persecution Complex.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 9:57 pm

It's PC gone haywire. Instead of discussion, we must tiptoe around every knee-jerk reaction. I notice a lot of simplistic views, based on very little concrete evidence in many instances.

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 9:59 pm

This sort of thing is rampant on Tumblr.

Over a thousand pages' worth of it is showcased here: http://socialjusticefail.tumblr.com/

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 10:52 pm

You can easily ignore the nutcases who say that crap, but the really sad thing is that there are tons of gullible people out there who will actually buy into that happy crappy.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 10:53 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
You can easily ignore the nutcases who say that crap, but the really sad thing is that there are tons of gullible people out there who will actually buy into that happy crappy.
Even worse is that many of those nut-cases somehow manage to get elected or appointed to public office.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2015, 12:17 am

I guess I'll never eat apples again. :(