Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

stripey
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Mar 2007, 8:17 am

Ever looked around you at work and seen NT's less intelligent,capable of jobs, E.T.C getting promoted.

The only reason they get promoted is because they jolly up to the right people.But this isn't just in the work place, myself and probably other AS people get overlooked for everything, even getting served at the bar.

That is my moan of the day out of the way.

Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2007, 8:35 am

Yes, I know what you mean. One way around it is to be a tall Aspie woman with large breasts, or a tall light-skinned Aspie man with good hair. (People are stupid.) Unfortunately, we don't get to choose that kind of thing, for the most part.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2007, 8:54 am

It does seem to be the case, but maybe they were the right one on that day. I find that I have trouble with "scenario" type questions-what would you do if...? On strict factual questions, I do fine. I need to read interview books, I suppose. Luckily, I already have a job I love and that I very capable in. The situation isn't as dire as if I were a first time job-hunter.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2007, 11:19 am

networking FTL

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

15 Mar 2007, 12:12 pm

they just like to play the game son, they got nothing better to do :wink:

Noetic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2007, 3:44 pm

Promotion usually lands people in mangerial jobs, which I just couldn't handle...

And I'm the only person who can do my job so I can't really compare myself with anyone else I work with.