No 56%  56%  [ 33 ]
I've tried it before 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
I don't know 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 59

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2021, 11:37 pm

I'd like to try it, after I get my sex change operation so that people will see a body that looks male.

geekabit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 May 2022, 9:59 am

For me it's the perfect combination. Here in the Netherlands are quite a couple of naturist camping places. They're usually nice and quiet, spacious, and full of grass and trees. That alone takes away so many sensory issues for me. Then taking off all your clothes solves another bunch.
There are old people, young people, children, fat people, skinny people, families, couples and singles. I have seen people in wheelchairs, people with scars, people with amputations. In other words, these are real people. I have not seen any models, just people like you and me and your next door neighbour. No one will judge your body, if anything it might be good to see what other real people look like. Our shared goal is to relax and enjoy nature, not to make fun of each other. Actually, that kind of harassment gets you banned, nation wide.
But this might be a local-ish phenomenon on this side of the pond. In my experience it's like this in the Netherlands, Germany and all of Scandinavia. From what I heard there's many more countries like this in Europe.

Clothes are useful for when it's cold, but when it isn't I just prefer to not wear any. I thought it was just me, but the correlation between autism and naturism might explain my preference as well.

I sincerely wish that anyone who wants to try this can find a safe space to do so.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 3:48 pm

No, nudism is something I have avoided and will continue.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 10:24 pm

i can get away with it on my property especially at dusk and beyond, i live far enough from my neighbors. never been to the local [for here] nude beach, though. out here is a problem with insects, though, that takes the fun out of it.

Greyeagle
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jan 2023, 7:49 pm

I have always hated clothes. I can accept the trade-off of being warm in cold weather due to the presence of clothing, but it is a lesser-of-evils thing. I have never liked the feeling form-fitting cloth on my skin. My parents were very conservative and definitely made sure I stayed dressed and put me in pajamas for bed with no other option. I remember reading The Once and Future King when I was still fairly young, and White mentions in that book the normal practice of sleeping naked in the days Arthur would have grown up.

It just made sense. I started surreptitiously sleeping naked (going to bed in pajamas but taking them off under the covers). That lasted for some time, but one summer night (we had no air conditioning), I had kicked back the sheets and was fully exposed on the bed. My mother unexpectedly came in the room and turned on the light (the only time I remember her ever doing that once I had gone to bed). The light startled me awake, but I pretended I wasn't fully awake and rolled to my side facing away from the light. I heard her opening drawers and putting laundry away, then she turned off the light and left. In the morning, I expected to be scolded, but all my mother said was "I saw you last night". My only response was a nod. That was it. My father never said anything. I took that as implied permission to continue sleeping naked.

In reading Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn books later, the idea of swimming naked also made great sense to me. I began finding places remote enough that I could skinnydip without getting in trouble. A large amount of my free time as a teen involved finding and going to remote natural places, preferably with water I could get in.

As soon as I was living on my own, I pretty much lived naked except to go shopping, to work, etc. Some time after this, I began hearing about nudism/naturism and how it wasn't a sexual thing. I didn't much like the idea of going to a nude beach or naturist facility though. Not because of the nudity, but because I never liked to be around a lot of people when I could avoid it. I heard enough encouragement from a few people I respected, and skeptically tried out a nude beach. It was wonderful. I didn't feel crowded in. People kept respectful distance, and at the same time they were all so open. No one got in my face to welcome me, and no one seemed to have any hostility to newcomers.

Encouraged by the beach experience, I started going to a local naturist club and found the same atmosphere. I met my future wife there. When we married, we decided from the get-go that our home would be clothing optional. That usually meant I was naked and she wore a bra and loose shirt around the house. Our kids went through stages from being naked even when it was too cold for my wife and me, to eventually settling on mostly going around in underwear at home.

Now that I am retired, I pretty much live naked. I do have to dress to go shopping still. Since I have always sought out the most remote areas to camp, I am naked there as well. I do not own a swimsuit. If I can't swim naked, I just don't swim. On my sailboat, as soon as I am well clear of the boat ramp, off come the clothes. Since the sailboat has a cabin, I often stay on the water for days. You can't beat the peace and quiet, and freedom from confining fabrics

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2023, 8:40 pm

i don't wear 'em if i don't hafta.