I've tried it before 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
I don't know 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 59

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 1:16 pm

HDLMatchette wrote:
i worked out for 19 minutes on the elliptical naked today, and it felt good not to have to put any clothes in the laundry as a result of getting sweaty.

brilliant.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2015, 7:14 pm

maybe this little article by an autistic will encourage some of you: http://youngnaturistsamerica.com/naturi ... rspective/

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Mar 2016, 8:19 pm

I bet nudism will soar in popularity following that Zootopia scene.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 9:10 pm

I do like to not wear any clothes when I am alone at home and it is warm enough. Not so much for the nakedness, just to be relieved of all the sensations of clothes against my skin and pulling against me when I move.

In public - no. I have nothing against it in principle; I'm just far too shy. Besides which, the paleness of my skin might dazzle aeroplane pilots flying overhead and cause an accident! :lol:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 12:35 am

I went to a nude beach 45 times last Summer. I've been there 3 times in the last week or so, but it's still too cold to go nude. I don't have a problem being nude in the appropriate environment. It's quite comfortable and relaxing. Sun feels good, too.

Riik
Toucan
Toucan

23 Mar 2016, 4:11 am

I joined British Naturism for a time, though I never ended up going to any events because there was little that was local and I was too shy (plus I'm far too skinny to endure the cold of nudity in the open, at least within the limits of British weather). For a time during my stay at University, nudism actually became a special interest (I'll never forget the time one of the residence's housekeeping staff walked in on me whilst I was naked... I didn't hear her knock because I was watching Stargate with headphones on XD).

My belief is that clothes are optional. Naked is natural, the only reason people are put off by it is because of what society says, and honestly, if people think hygene is an issue, why don't said people want us to cover our faces constantly as well? Saliva is full of bacteria, and snot isn't exactly pleasant. If we grew up being taught that eyes were disgusting, we'd hide our eyes the same way we hide our genitals.

Would I go to a nudist beach? No, because I wouldn't go to a normal beach. I hate sand. Would I go to any other kind of nude colony? Not really, because I wouldn't go to a clothed equivalent unless dragged along by parents. Do I spend my days naked? No, I live in a small house in a family of 6, and most of my family don't share my nudist views. But I still feel strongly about nudism because logic dictates that society's views on nudity make no sense.

My pet hate is when people call nudity immoral and against "God's" wishes (as an agnostic, I find that very hard to believe... why would an all-seeing entity care about nudity?). The only ever excuses they bring to the table include "oh, you shouldn't force people to see your dangly bits." (Well I think noses look weird and I'm not a fan of feet, yet I don't complain), "males and females are different!" (So what?), "It's unnatural!" (Need I list all the hilarity in just what is wrong in that statement?). Honestly, anyone who has a moral issue with nudity is either a raging pervert, overly-indoctrinated or incredibly closed-minded. In my opinion.

That's not to say I can't understand other reasons to dislike nudity (trust, aesthetics, hygene etc), I just hate it when people use logicless explanations and "God" to explain why it's wrong.

I'm sorry, this post got rather opinionated, I just wanted to put my views out in the open. If someone disagrees, and is offended, I apologise, as I hate offending people, but I'm quite passionate when it comes to freedoms, and the freedom to be nude counts as a freedom.

A life without tea is a life not worth living.
Latest Aspie Quiz: AS - 151, NT - 38 / RAADS-R: 195 / AQ: 38

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 11:35 am

I have only been naked in public once... Do me a favor and don't ask. I was being an idiot with some chick on a beach, no regrets but it was incredibly stupid since people were around. I like being nude around the house on hot days since I live by myself and I have slept naked before, thats about all I have done exciting naked.

zkg
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Sep 2020, 6:59 pm

I didn't like being naked as a child -- most of the time it had to do with showering in gym class, or group physical exams where all the boys lined up in our underpants.

There used to be skinny-dipping events after hours at a local spa, sponsored by a nudist group. I went to one in my 30s, and found that I quite enjoyed it and went back a few times. I guess I preferred controlling where and when I could undress with a group of strangers, and being naked with naked women without sex. I'm not well-built and NOT AT ALL well-hung, but nobody cared. Nudist camps and nude beaches seem a but much, but an occasional clothes-free event is harmless.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2020, 7:07 pm

I already get judged enough with incorrect assumptions about my looks without being naked & therefore public to scrutiny of it.

And in my experience (unlike some on here), it tends to be older people who are naturists.

My granddad's house is near a nudist beach. He's not a nudist himself but cos it was his nearest beach, we'd walk there when I was younger. Sometimes we saw the naked people. They were all older and unattractive.

I'd feel at risk somewhere like that, as someone who (I'm not showing off just being honest), looks like a teenager in mid teens.

Feel bad enough about being out in public in a swim suit. Maybe that's a trans thing? I mostly wear a rash guard when I go swimming - swimsuit material shorts and t shirt.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2020, 8:26 pm

Nudism here from where I live is generally a huge no-no.

I already don't like the idea of my skin being exposed.
Mostly for sensory reasons. I just prefer certain amount of weight over my shoulders and hips, or simply layer over my skin.

Unless I'm in a daring mood to wear anything really short and uncomfortable...

I could should circumstances arise. I myself have no body image issues or whatsoever.
Otherwise, I wouldn't prefer it. I'm just not the type to show my skin off, shameless states or not.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2020, 8:36 pm

Only with the right woman...

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2020, 9:13 pm

I’m the weirdo who doesn’t like having clothes off, even around the house with only my dog to see me. The only times I am ever naked are when I’m showering. I’m extremely self-conscious, and I would much rather have a constant texture that I’m okay with against my skin than the number of other sensations I’d experience if not clothed.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

AcidicBlue3127
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Sep 2020, 9:43 pm

I personally prefer to be naked anytime I am not in public.

I have researched family naturalist communities (not the swinger ones) and have thought about it extensively. I could see myself joining a community like that. Pretty much the only downfall I have found so far has nothing to do with the nudism...it would be the living situation. Most of these communities require you to bring your own "home". So an RV usually. I dont have that ability. I could totally visit one and rent a cabin for a week or something, but idk how to actually live there.

For me nudism is a lot about sensory issues. It is also bc I do not understand and almost refuse to participate in society's rules regarding clothes. I dont care what designer made my clothes or how much they did or did not cost. I dont care about fashion or what's trendy. I care about durability vs price and how it feels on my body.

If we went back to a more "natural" approach, we could eliminate so much of the class hierarchy associated with clothes and attire.

AcidicBlue3127
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Sep 2020, 9:54 pm

Omg! I just skimmed that article linked at the beginning of this thread...and I read the part where the mother had to tape signs on the inside of the door reminding him to put on clothes before leaving for work...That is so me!! !!

Every day when I leave my house I walk out the front door and do multiple checks. I dont use a purse just pockets so its more of a pat down at first...license, debit card, keys, phone, mask. And then I scan down my body to make sure I am wearing the appropriate amount of clothes to be in public. I could be friends with that guy for sure lol.

I also hate shoes. When I was in grade school k-12, it was not uncommon for me not to notice I wasnt wearing shoes until I actually got to school lol.

zkg
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Feb 2021, 3:53 pm

I've skinny-dipped a number of times and enjoyed it. As I don't like being touched, I found it liberating simply to be naked platonically with other people.

DIVAIR
Raven
Raven

18 Feb 2021, 7:20 pm

I don't have a shy bone in my body, and I'd be all over this one, but I am a redhead, so the idea of melanoma is very unsettling :(

My wife and I love watching those old "Nudie Cutie" films from the 1950's-60's, they're so ridiculous and about as sexy as an old mop (that might be someone's kink, but it sure ain't mine!). I'll watch anything by:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doris_Wishman

DIVAIR