No 56%  56%  [ 33 ]
I've tried it before 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
I don't know 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 59

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2015, 3:35 pm

there's this nice article explaining how nudism can be good for us autistics: http://bareplatypus.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... utism.html

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2015, 4:24 pm

i know some of you might be freaked out, but please don't be.

Mr. C
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Feb 2015, 2:16 am

I can understand the idea of nudism. Embracing one's "natural self" does seem spiritually "purifying" in some ways.

Being on my own in my home, I'm fine with being naked whenever. But it isn't a hobby or anything. Most of he time, I stay clothed for warmth and what have ya.

I don't have anything against nudism, I just feel the social adjustment would be jarring for the population should it become the norm.

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2015, 5:50 pm

i thought there were a lot of autistics who like nudity? why so many that don't?

Mr. C
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Feb 2015, 7:00 pm

HDLMatchette wrote:
i thought there were a lot of autistics who like nudity? why so many that don't?

I'm sure a lot of people like nudity. :p

But I don't think autism has anything to do with it.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2015, 7:07 pm

Is there a connection between this topic and avatar images of Disney ducklings without pants? :D

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2015, 7:35 pm

I used to enjoy "skinny-dipping" when I was still reasonable good-looking. Now that I've grown older, looking at my naked self in the mirror is so embarrassing that I would not want to be seen without clothes by anyone (other than my wife or doctor). Even if everyone at a nudist camp was uglier than I, getting naked is still something that I would not want to do.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2015, 8:46 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Is there a connection between this topic and avatar images of Disney ducklings without pants? :D

:D 8O :P

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Feb 2015, 12:33 am

HDLMatchette wrote:
A lot of us have self-esteem issues & have sensitivities to temperature & things that could get on our bodies. I think I would be made fun of for my man-boobs & really small wang.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Feb 2015, 12:41 am

nick007 wrote:
HDLMatchette wrote:
A lot of us have self-esteem issues & have sensitivities to temperature & things that could get on our bodies. I think I would be made fun of for my man-boobs & really small wang.

that's what makes nudist places so good for autistics, because they'd be able to overcome their self-esteem issues. nudist places are also good when the weather is right, and they wouldn't have to worry about being in danger so much because most nudist places are safe and weed out pervs quite well. they also wouldn't have to worry about people looking disgusted at the sight of their genitals because nudists don't really care.

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2015, 7:46 am

what was most disturbing to me was I clicked the link to the bare platypus...
AND I GOT A LINK TO A NAKED CHILD!
AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Feb 2015, 9:24 pm

maybe this will help you out. just ignore the photo, that's all: http://emergingnudist.blogspot.com/2009 ... udity.html

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2015, 10:02 pm

if anyone has facebook, i have a group here for you: https://www.facebook.com/groups/618297634966068/

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 8:07 pm

Uhhh...It might be a problem because of Canadian winters and the fact that I don't look like a model. It seems to me that it's mainly people who have "great bodies", are young or have an occupation like a stripper who think it's wrong to be clothed. When you get older you cover yourself up more because if TV has taught me anything, (and it's taught me very little) it's that when people see someone over 50 flaunting their body parts around (other than their own spouse, hopefully), they throw up. Or they just compare your exposed parts to plucked farm birds.

Of course, I know how in Japan nudity is seen as purity and not primarily sexual. Good for them. I guess. :shrug:

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Mar 2015, 2:36 pm

i worked out for 19 minutes on the elliptical naked today, and it felt good not to have to put any clothes in the laundry as a result of getting sweaty.

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jul 2015, 12:58 pm

i have a group here for those who use Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities ... 7923925010