Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

QuiversWhiskers
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2015, 9:27 pm

Do you ever find yourself walking with one fist (not a clenched fist in my case) against your chest/abdomen like where the sternum ends and meets the abdomen and your other hand laying over that hand, almost like the position they put someone's hands in when they are in a casket? I find myself doing this when content, happy, out walking in a nice place on a nice day enjoying the outside without anything in particular to do when it's kind of cool. I think I've probably done it when nervous too. Also I wonder if it isn't for stability as well; it does give a certain sense of stability to your body.

Swiper
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Feb 2015, 9:55 pm

I walk like that a lot. I'm usually content when doing that, but I'm sometimes borderline worried and alert.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Feb 2015, 1:49 am

I usually walk with my hands at my side

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

slave
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2015, 9:38 pm

QuiversWhiskers wrote:
Do you ever find yourself walking with one fist (not a clenched fist in my case) against your chest/abdomen like where the sternum ends and meets the abdomen and your other hand laying over that hand, almost like the position they put someone's hands in when they are in a casket? I find myself doing this when content, happy, out walking in a nice place on a nice day enjoying the outside without anything in particular to do when it's kind of cool. I think I've probably done it when nervous too. Also I wonder if it isn't for stability as well; it does give a certain sense of stability to your body.

i do that very often, ppl find it to be quite eccentric....and I don't give a f**k what they think.

Don't stop the behavior, be yourself!

thanks for this thread!! !!

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 2:20 am

QuiversWhiskers wrote:

yep