Dating and how to approach the opposite sex?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

TurtlePower
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Feb 2015, 7:54 am

Hey WrongPlanet,
I have a question that I really do not know the answer to...

How do I approach the opposite sex or get dates?

I often feel way too anxious to approach women or talk to them and when I tried online dating I didn't really get much luck as people don't tend to message me back or message me at all. I was just wondering if anyone has any tips for me?

I just recently moved to Sheffield, UK and I do not know anyone so I am also not really getting out much at the moment.

KayteeKay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Feb 2015, 4:03 pm

TurtlePower wrote:
Hey WrongPlanet,
I have a question that I really do not know the answer to...

How do I approach the opposite sex or get dates?

I often feel way too anxious to approach women or talk to them and when I tried online dating I didn't really get much luck as people don't tend to message me back or message me at all. I was just wondering if anyone has any tips for me?

I just recently moved to Sheffield, UK and I do not know anyone so I am also not really getting out much at the moment.

I'd suggest you set the bar a bit lower -- on making a life for yourself, getting more comfy talking to people and making some friends/decent acquaintences before trying to find a girlfriend. Find a therapist, social skills group and/or doctor to assist you if your anxiety is at a point that it's interfering with your ability to interact with others.

alex
Developer
Developer

17 Feb 2015, 4:16 pm

You don't need to know anyone to go out. You can go out alone and meet people. It may seem difficult at first but the more you go out alone and the more you force yourself to talk to people, the easier it will become and eventually it will become normal for you.

TurtlePower
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Feb 2015, 4:40 pm

Thanks for the replies and it seems strange to me but I do try... Whenever I go to the shop I try to initiate a conversation etc

Where I came from it was unusual to talk to people you didn't know and was actually frowned upon as it would often end in a fight, I have LOTS of friends... just that they are all back in my home town.

The only times I go out are to hockey matches.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2015, 8:59 pm

Well all it takes is telling yourself to talk to people. I know that's not easy for some people but if you never talk to anyone, you'll never make any friends or be in a relationship. Just say Yolo and talk to people.

Oh yah one more thing, this is good advice for dating or friendships. Try to look for a connection between you two, for instance good chemistry. If you're a joker who likes playing video games for fun, you're probably not going to get along with someone who is more serious and is into board games. You know what I mean? Try to look for common interests between you two. Like art, music, personality, trolling people on the internet etc... People who have common interests and personalities can often build relationship faster with each other.

TurtlePower
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Feb 2015, 9:10 am

Sounds like great advice!
That's what I always aim to do lol

Guess I just need to start going out more!

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 9:47 am

The best way to get women GURANTEED is to walk up to a girl you like and sing her this.

Also have someone recording you doing this then you can put it on Youtube and start your own nerdy guy picking up girls series. You'll get to be as popular as Smosh and you'll have no problem getting girls.