Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 7:25 pm

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one with certain habits or rituals. I too have a routine of somekind, such as certain times I like to eat ect..
I can relate to a lot of people on here, except for cds and stuff in alphabetical order, haven't got the patience to do that sort of thing, although having order does make life easier.

halleluhwah
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Feb 2015, 11:41 pm

I dunno if stimming counts as a ritual, but I tend to tap my hands in certain patterns or wiggle my toes, or whirl my head around. Sometimes i pinch myself, and i generally tryto do is symmetrically so that the same pressure is put on either side of my body. I think most of my OCD-ish rituals and habits are really stimming, just in very precise, regular patterns.

I pace back and forth a lot, or in circles. Sometimes I have to get the same number of steps on each square of the side walk and make sure the crack hits right on the middle of my foot.
When I eat, I generally split my food in half so I get roughly the same amount on either side of my mouth for chewing. With skittles, the same amoumt of each color on eithet side of my mouth, even if that means splitting one in half.

I'll bounce up and down a lot. I think my cigarette smoking is as much an autistic habit as it is a physical addiction (but it's also that). Same with my morning coffee.

I get songs stuck in my head a lot, besides having to listen to certain ones a lot on repeat. I also have a tendency to repeat certain words or phrases in my head or maybe mouth them.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 10:17 am

I'd guess stimming counts are rituals, if certain routines are repeated but then it's classed as ocd too, not much difference in it.
I would class it as rituals that becomes a habit.

I'm surprised that many people too have a fixation on certains songs, I too have to listen to a certain song on repeat and have a coffee in the mornings.

Is the walking a certain way something you've gotten into or something you do subsconsciously? same with the eating? mind you a lot of people eat a certain way or sometimes deliberately eat with food at the one side of the mouth, if they have a bad tooth.
hope it's ok to ask this sort of question, if it isn't i'm sorry.