Online Memory Test and Mind Reading Quotient Test

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 6:59 pm

I found an online memory test that you can take. Click here to take it and post your scores here. Please don't cheat.

http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~oclab/memorykb/

I also found a test which tests your social skills and the ability to interpret other peoples actions. Click here to take this test and post your results when you're done.

http://www.gameswithwords.org/MRQ/

Last edited by darkphantomx1 on 22 Feb 2015, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 7:01 pm

Your d' (memory sensitivity) was 1.874.
Well done! You were very good at telling 'old' from 'new' words, and made very few mistakes.

d' range Explanation
below 0 Below chance. This usually indicates a failure to understand the instructions.
0 - 1 Low sensitivity. Scoring in this range is a sign of difficulty performing the task.
1 - 2.5 Moderate to high sensitivity. This is the typical range we see in undergraduate participants who come to the lab at the University of St Andrews to do experiments.
above 2.5 Exceptional sensitivity. Scores in this range indicate few, if any, errors were made.

How biased were your memory judgements?
Your memory bias is the degree to which you favour responding 'old' or 'new'. You can think about it as the degree to which you err on the side of assuming you have forgotten something when your recognition of it is uncertain. Bias is summarised in a statistic known as c (which stands for criterion).

Your c (memory bias) was -0.223.
You showed a moderate tendency to call words about which you were unsure "old".
c values Explanation
below 0 Liberal bias. A tendency to assume that words about which you are uncertain were studied.
exactly 0 No bias. This is often viewed as the optimal criterion where no systematic assumptions are made.
above 0 Conservative bias. A tendency to assume that words about which you are unsure were not studied.

How confident were your memory judgements?
People generally tend to be more confident when they correctly indicate that things are 'old', compared to when they correctly indicate that things are 'new'.

Your average confidence responses, where 1 = "guess", 2 = "probably" and 3 = "sure", were:
'old' words: 1.943;
'new' words: 1.891.
Your confidence responses to the two classes of word were almost identical. This suggests that you were equally confident in your judgements of 'old' and 'new' items.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 7:41 pm

==Mind Reading Quotient. ==

9/20 on Vocabulary. Out of every 10 people, I score better than 1.

==Empathy Quotient ==

14 out of 80. Out of every 10 people, I have a higher EQ than 0 people.

==Your score on the language tasks was 64%.==

Out of every 10 people who did this experiment, you would score better than 2.

ConceptuallyCurious
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Feb 2015, 6:55 am

Apparently my vocabulary is much worse than I thought it was!

But I did very well on the social language section. Most of my EQ scores were on the slightly agree/disagree and apparently this makes me score really low...

As a kid, I was pretty much drilled on being polite and so some of the 'over the top' answers were ones I'd actually give. But then again, maybe I should look away from Autism after that score as they were different for different situations.

ConceptuallyCurious
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Feb 2015, 7:14 am

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 12:35 am

fun tests, but I was expecting my memory to be better.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 1:11 am

I got 5/80 on the EQ ;-;

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 1:33 am

Debrief: Your Performance

Your d' (memory sensitivity) was 2.029.
Well done! You were very good at telling 'old' from 'new' words, and made very few mistakes.
d' range Explanation
below 0 Below chance. This usually indicates a failure to understand the instructions.
0 - 1 Low sensitivity. Scoring in this range is a sign of difficulty performing the task.
1 - 2.5 Moderate to high sensitivity. This is the typical range we see in undergraduate participants who come to the lab at the University of St Andrews to do experiments.
above 2.5 Exceptional sensitivity. Scores in this range indicate few, if any, errors were made.

Your c (memory bias) was 0.069.
You showed a moderate tendency to call words about which you were unsure "new".
c values Explanation
below 0 Liberal bias. A tendency to assume that words about which you are uncertain were studied.
exactly 0 No bias. This is often viewed as the optimal criterion where no systematic assumptions are made.
above 0 Conservative bias. A tendency to assume that words about which you are unsure were not studied.

Your average confidence responses, where 1 = "guess", 2 = "probably" and 3 = "sure", were:
'old' words: 3;
'new' words: 2.942.
Your confidence responses to the two classes of word were almost identical. This suggests that you were equally confident in your judgements of 'old' and 'new' items.

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 8:06 am

D' memory sensitivity: 4.367
Your c memory bias: 0.047
Confidence responses, Both were 3.

Couldn't do the other one as I'm on my iPad so no flash player.

catalina
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Mar 2015, 8:25 am

Your d' (memory sensitivity) was 1.928
Your c (memory bias) was 0.196
'old' words: 2.723
'new' words: 2.491

Not bad

Grahzmann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2015, 10:34 am

Quote:
Debrief: Your Performance

Below is some personalised feedback on your performance in the memory task. This is the only copy of feedback you will receive, so please print this page if you wish to keep it for your records.
How accurate was your memory?

Your memory's accuracy is sometimes referred to by memory researchers as its sensitivity. Sensitivity can be summarised in a statistic known as d' (pronounced d-prime), a combination of the number of old items you correctly identified as old, and the number of new items you correctly identified as new. The reason memory researchers take your responses to 'old' and 'new' items into account is to prevent a person scoring 100% on a memory test by simply responding "old" to every word.

Your d' (memory sensitivity) was 2.092.

d' range Explanation

Your memory bias is the degree to which you favour responding 'old' or 'new'. You can think about it as the degree to which you err on the side of assuming you have forgotten something when your recognition of it is uncertain. Bias is summarised in a statistic known as c (which stands for criterion).

Your c (memory bias) was 0.531.
You showed a very strong tendency to call words about which you were unsure "new".

c values Explanation

People generally tend to be more confident when they correctly indicate that things are 'old', compared to when they correctly indicate that things are 'new'.

'old' words: 2.667;
'new' words: 2.895.
Your confidence when calling words "old" was actually lower than your confidence when calling words "new". This suggests that you trusted your assessment of 'newness' more than you trusted your assessment of 'oldness'.

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 11:30 am

How accurate was your memory?

Your memory's accuracy is sometimes referred to by memory researchers as its sensitivity. Sensitivity can be summarised in a statistic known as d' (pronounced d-prime), a combination of the number of old items you correctly identified as old, and the number of new items you correctly identified as new. The reason memory researchers take your responses to 'old' and 'new' items into account is to prevent a person scoring 100% on a memory test by simply responding "old" to every word.

Your d' (memory sensitivity) was 1.598.
You were moderately accurate in telling 'old' from 'new' words.

d' range Explanation

Your c (memory bias) was 0.284.
You showed a very strong tendency to call words about which you were unsure "new".

c values Explanation

'old' words: 2.143;
'new' words: 2.269.
Your confidence when calling words "old" was actually lower than your confidence when calling words "new". This suggests that you trusted your assessment of 'newness' more than you trusted your assessment of 'oldness'.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 11:33 am

Vocabulary - scored better than 8 people out of 10.
Social language - scored better than 7 people out of 10.
Empathy - scored better than 0 people out of 10.

I don't remember the specific percentages.

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 12:33 pm

Vocabulary
You got 14/20 of the questions right
Out of every 10 people who did this experiment, you would score better than 4.

"Empathy Quotatient" questionnaire
Your score on the 'Empathy Quotient' questionnaire was 26 out of 80
Out of every 10 people who did this experiment, you would have a higher EQ than 1.

Social Language score
Your score on the language tasks was 69%.
Out of every 10 people who did this experiment, you would score better than 4.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 12:43 pm

Bondkatten wrote:
Your score on the 'Empathy Quotient' questionnaire was 26 out of 80
Out of every 10 people who did this experiment, you would have a higher EQ than 1.

This is the highest Empathy Quotient score so far. :lol:

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 12:51 pm

starkid wrote:
This is the highest Empathy Quotient score so far. :lol:

Something to compensate for my low vocabulary score :P