Is it worth watching every season of House?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

RealDreamer11
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Feb 2015, 10:29 pm

Im entertained by the procedural "monster of the week" episodes, some are weaker then others. I am more interested in the character development though. Is it worth watching every season? Or should I just skip around and watch the finales.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

24 Feb 2015, 1:27 pm

The show dropped off in its later seasons, I didn't even finish it. I never really liked the overarching story of the show, always like the "monster of the week" ones as you put it.

Pileo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 9:24 pm

First couple of seasons are great and highly entertaining. Worth a watch. After that, they start focusing on relationships and gets boring.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 10:42 pm

I found it all worthwhile. Yeah the melodrama intensifies but the jokes get better too. It's worth watching as long as the trivia keeps you coming back.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 9:14 am

Quote:
First couple of seasons are great and highly entertaining. Worth a watch. After that, they start focusing on relationships and gets boring.

This is what is happening to the Big Bang Theory. This one is very funny, but there is like lot of pressure with the relationships. Specially the romantic and sexual kind. I guess that there are funs who are looking forward for Sheldon and Amy to get sexually intimate. The thing is, is that it became too focused in the relationship thing as a whole. I think that this problem happens a lot.

What I mean is, that anything that focuses too much in relationships ends up with that result. To answer the question, it is worth watching, though. If not everything, at least most of it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 9:24 am

I think that it's worth the effort to watch every episode, if only to mine quotes like, "It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." [Episode #121]

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 1:00 pm

Yupp. I got the whole show on DVD too.

Certainly has peaked my intrest in medicin and health care. I was at the doctor today, she gave me a potential diagnosis and i already knew what it was - because of House, i moved beyond the "accepting stage" in 2 seconds because i knew that the diagnosis was treatable.

The show is also fun because House is basically Sherlock Holmes. Wilson is Watson, and House lives on 221B, do drugs like Holmes and is a psychopath (i'm not the biggest Sherlock boffin, but i have heard that the character was one). In one episode Wilson gives house a certain book by Arthur Conan Doyle to House as an obvious reference.

I liked the young female doctor Martha M. Masters on the show for a reason that becomes very clear when you see her...