Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Let_It_Go
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Feb 2015, 4:16 pm

Hello. I go by Let_It_Go on a couple places now. I identify very strongly with/as Elsa, hence the name. I am currently 25, I'm female by birth (fluid by identity, but primarily still female). I'm asexual, but I do have a fetish. My special interests (as I've heard them called) are "Frozen", Cher, Cyndi Lauper, and most prehistory subjects...especially human and general mammal evolution, and I love tattoos (I have five right now). I'm a nerd, and I carry around a backpack containing textbooks, even though I am not currently in college. (I am, however, looking for a job that will not cause too much stress at the moment.) I can also name the (basic) geological time scale by heart...usually. The spelling is sometimes off, however. (Hadean, Archaen, Proterozoic, Cambrian, Ordovecein, Silurian, Devonian, Carboniferous, Permian, Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous, Paleogene, Neogene, Quaternary.)

I apologize if my mood seems...off. I've been struggling a lot lately with a lot of disorders (not just autism, since I also have bipolar, generalized anxiety, and ADHD). Social issues have been really tough on me lately (I'm really sick of crying right now), and there have been a lot of misunderstandings, which is why I joined. I wanted to make some friends, since I already have so much trouble with that. Most of my friends are neurotypical, but I want (if not need) some autistic friends, if for nothing else than a little sympathy and understanding of why I am the way I am. Neurotypicals, as much as they may try to help out, don't always understand where I am coming from. Right now I'm attempting more than ever to learn social skills from them, however, and put my feelings into words, rather than cry and throw a tantrum because I am hurt.

Also yes, I will admit, I do vocally stim, and I hand flap (object flap?) with pens (I feel calmer that way, and get upset if I don't have a pen or pencil in my hand), pace, ect. I will also be honest, and say that I have bashed my head against walls and bitten myself when upset or overstimulated. I've matured some since, though, and do those things less frequently now. Some of these behaviors I have managed to conceal from the public, but some of them still remain visible to the public, even though I try to hide them.

Alright, my writing is terrible and disorganized right now, which I find awful as I am a perfectionist when it comes to wording things. I do write essays, so this is rather embarrassing. I'll chalk it up to my mental and emotional state right now. :P

Anyway, I'm here now, and hopefully can get some support and make some friends! :)

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 4:24 pm

Hello and welcome! You seem like a really cool person. I love Frozen :D

Let_It_Go
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Feb 2015, 4:25 pm

TheAP wrote:
Hello and welcome! You seem like a really cool person. I love Frozen :D

Thank you for the welcome and the compliment! :)

Also, may I ask why my profile says I'm 45? I'm 25. :/

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 4:54 pm

Let_It_Go wrote:

You're welcome! Hope you enjoy this site.

IDK. I've seen another poster's profile say they're 45 even though they're clearly not. Maybe 45 is just the default or something?

Let_It_Go
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Feb 2015, 5:47 pm

TheAP wrote:
Let_It_Go wrote:

You're welcome! Hope you enjoy this site.

IDK. I've seen another poster's profile say they're 45 even though they're clearly not. Maybe 45 is just the default or something?

I don't think so, since I entered my birth date correctly, and saw no other options for that.

EDIT: I just removed my birth date. Until the problem is solved, I'll just state my age in my description...for now.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 8:37 pm

Hey Let It Go welcome. :sunny:

Let_It_Go
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Feb 2015, 9:52 pm

Thanks for the welcome, RoadRatt!

MetalFist
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Feb 2015, 10:13 pm

Welcome To WP! :)

Quote:
Social issues have been really tough on me lately (I'm really sick of crying right now

I had the same issue as well. I'm sorry that you have to go through it. I know how it feels. :(

Let_It_Go
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Feb 2015, 10:34 pm

MetalFist wrote:
Welcome To WP! :)

Thanks for the welcome!

MetalFist wrote:
Quote:
Social issues have been really tough on me lately (I'm really sick of crying right now

I had the same issue as well. I'm sorry that you have to go through it. I know how it feels. :(

Thanks for the sympathy. I appreciate it. A lot has gone on lately that's been upsetting me. I may be in a small down swing right now as well...and I think my new tattoo somehow became infected, so I'm trying to contact my tattoo artist and my doctor. I'm very anxious and stressed right now. I'm having trouble functioning at times. :(

MetalFist
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Feb 2015, 12:06 am

Quote:
Thanks for the sympathy. I appreciate it. A lot has gone on lately that's been upsetting me. I may be in a small down swing right now as well...and I think my new tattoo somehow became infected, so I'm trying to contact my tattoo artist and my doctor. I'm very anxious and stressed right now. I'm having trouble functioning at times. :(

Np...i'm sorry to hear that. Hope things work out.

Let_It_Go
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Feb 2015, 4:08 pm

MetalFist wrote:
Quote:

Thank you. I'm antibiotics now for cellulitis...hopefully the colors will even out too. :(

MetalFist
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Feb 2015, 5:23 pm

Quote:
MetalFist wrote:
Quote:

Thank you. I'm antibiotics now for cellulitis...hopefully the colors will even out too. :(

You're welcome. Same. Hope the antibiotic works for you.

Gonna pm you instead so the thread doesn't be that long. :lol: