Match 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ok Cupid 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
Other 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 6

domanticus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Feb 2015, 5:13 pm

Which online dating website is best for people on the spectrum?

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 9:03 pm

I haven't had much luck with any dating sites. I've had two boyfriend from okcupid one was an abusive dick and the other used me (I also believe he was lying about being divorced). I joined when I was 25. I am still single at 32.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 12:14 am

I've tried a bunch of dating sites over the past 3 years....only ever got one response in all that time and it was just to say she wasn't interested :(

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Feb 2015, 12:23 am

I never treid Tinder but I tried all the others & many more & didn't have luck but bad on all of em. However I met my 2nd & 3rd girlfriend(which is still my current) here on WP.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 5:20 am

I've had three relationships from OkC (and lots of dates), and nothing but frustration from Match (regarding the types of people, and the way the site works) when I tried it but that was ages ago. POF I tried very briefly but it was so messy and seemed to have the same sorts of people as Match/Oasis/RSVP. Never tried Tinder.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 5:38 am

Okcupid in my country.

In Morocco and Canada, Tinder. lol.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 12:45 pm

Am I the only one thinking offline dating is way more effective for spectrumites?

Kataryna25
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Apr 2015, 10:27 am

Nowadays there are many different dating services and it really hard to pick one best. I started to use dating services maybe...2 or even 3 years ago. I can say that i had both good and bad experiences. I don't like plenty of fish, because There I met many uninteresting, borring men, sorry but it's true! Okcupid is ok, but it also has some cons. My favourite one probably is https://mymagicbrides.com/ Because I met there a lot of interesting men, and of course because it's russian woman service! I think you should try many of them to understand the difference! :)

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 11:54 am

Uprising wrote:
Am I the only one thinking offline dating is way more effective for spectrumites?

No, you are not.

Xelatoneffer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Apr 2015, 10:16 am

I've been using okcupid since August and the girls I message just ignore me. I ask them a legit question about their interests or school and still get no response.

Hoggy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Apr 2015, 6:37 pm

Match.com in my area is pretty much deserted if you look at profiles who are close by and have been online in the last week. if you dont change the last logged in then of course you will see many pages of inactive accounts. Another problem being if you message someone there's a good chance they aren't a subscriber anyway so wont be able to reply unless you paid for an extra upgrade on-top of the basic premium

POF - Did manage to get one date from pof (It didn't go well), doesn't have the above problem with a lot features being free such as being able to send messages. The percentage of reply's been extremely low. I have seen this from a friends perspective (a female friend) its not so nice for them either with so many rude messages being sent and so many messages to go through, chat requests etc. What did surprise me well maybe it shouldn't have with it being a free site, is there were 7 times as many males in a 15mile radius then there were females. i dont know how that compares to paid sites.

Haven't really tried the others, i did install tinder just to have a noisey the only matches were bot accounts trying to get you to on certain websites "Come look at my pictures on.....com etc"

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 11:36 pm

Uprising wrote:

I think that it's probably better for everyone, not just people on the spectrum. There is an off-chance that you will find a good match, but I'm sure its rare.

I compare online dating to buying merchandise over the internet. You see a picture (framed in the best possible light), and have a list of all of the good things about the item, but you don't really know what you are actually getting, until you see it in person.

The one good thing about online dating though, is that you know for sure who is single and looking, unlike real life, where you pretty much have to guess.

1df5e76

12 Apr 2015, 1:22 am

domanticus wrote:
Which online dating website is best for people on the spectrum?

None. They all suck.

Antharis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Apr 2015, 1:59 am

My interactions with people on online dating sites taught me that people will lie not only about who they are and what they are like, but also about what they WANT (sometimes they won't even be aware they're doing so). This is especially true for men because women are fewer in number in those sites and don't need to compete for others' attention as much.

IE You may find someone who unequivocally acts like they want a relationship with you does a 180 when you have sex with them, truly not intending for a relationship but getting a thrill off of conning people that aren't given to promiscuity.

That is not to say there aren't any honest people, the most prominent just happen to be the ones that shotgun creepy messages.

For someone on the spectrum they appeal quite a bit because they simplify the dating process a lot, and a lot of them champion them until they get burned to a crisp by good old NT social dishonesty.
If you're completely infallible at figuring out when people are lying to you, dating sites are probably wonderful though.

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 7:36 pm

I just started seeing someone. I found him, or rather he found me, on pof. Honestly I didn't think he was attractive at first, but he messaged me with a science question. Read peoples profile and send them a unique message. Honestly if it had been a boring over used pickup line or generic greeting I would have deleted the message.

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 7:42 pm

Antharis wrote:
IE You may find someone who unequivocally acts like they want a relationship with you does a 180 when you have sex with them, truly not intending for a relationship but getting a thrill off of conning people that aren't given to promiscuity.

This is where a 90 day rule comes in handy. My new boyfriend knows and even agrees its a good idea to wait a few months. If they don't want to wait a while then they aren't worth the time anyway.