Out in Public Wearing an Indian Chief's Head Dress?

Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 12:35 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
aghogday wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Heh, I was wondering when someone was going to mention the Village People. :P Damn it, now I have YMCA stuck in my head. I HATE that song, it's just so annoying!

I don't like YMCA either but Macho Man has always been fun for me.

It's just so ironic it makes me wanna PEE, with laughter, as I grew up around literally thousands of Patriarchal so-called macho homophobes.

And they still amuse me, as the only real PATRIARCHAL homophobes are folks who are afraid THEY are homosexual.

And that's sad, as THEY might not be expressing themselves fully out of the closet...:)

But some do still meet in public parks, thinking folks don't notice.....

I know what you mean. There's tons of guys like that around here, who drive big obnoxiously loud trucks, brag about how many women they've allegedly slept with, etc. To me, REAL men have class and sophistication, and are willing to treat other people with respect.

I don't get why so many people think being gay is such a bad thing, because it's really not. If anything, it's a good thing since it helps to curb overpopulation, and I think that's what its purpose is in nature. Unfortunately, human society, as f****d up as it is, has made homosexuality an unacceptable thing, for the most part, so many people have to hide it, or even worse, fake being straight which sort of defeats the biological purpose of it.

Anyway, case in point, my dislike of YMCA is purely for musical reasons. ;) I could care less if one of my favorite artists is gay or not. Judas Priest are awesome, and they helped popularize the leather biker look.

Next question I want to ask is if you are Native American, do you like The Village People?

The one member of the Village People who wears a head dress (back in the Seventies he wore just one feather, but now he wears the whole war bonnet) is also the one member who is also a real ethnic native American. The whole act evolved out of Greenwhich Village gay nightclub subculture- dancers as common American icons of male sexiness: cops, construction workers, and both cowboys, and Indians. Since it implies that guys in Native American garb are macho and sexy I would think that it would be taken as a compliment.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 1:03 pm

Just wikied the Village People.

Felipe Rose (the Indian guy) is half Puerto Rican, and half Sioux. So he is even of the right tribe to wear the Sioux war bonnet.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 1:26 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Just wikied the Village People.

Felipe Rose (the Indian guy) is half Puerto Rican, and half Sioux. So he is even of the right tribe to wear the Sioux war bonnet.

Let's hope it's true and he's not just making it up to appease people. Maybe it is true because no one has disputed the claim. I take what people say with a grain of salt, sometimes. Depends on what it is.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 9:19 pm

Back to the topic, what better compliment is there than saying, you know, what you created is so beautiful I want to wear it everyday because I love it so. That sounds like quite an honor to me.